Follow

Legends of the Dead Earth

Story arc »

DC Comics 1996 Annual Event.

Would U Buy It? #113: Legends of the Dead Earth: Titans/Legion of Super-Heroes

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Edited By cbishop
    DateWUBI #113:View:Attached to Forum:Last Issue:
    07/09/19Legends of the Dead Earth: Titans/Legion of Super-Heroes(Blog) (Forum)Legends of the Dead Earth.WUBI #112.

We all have trade paperback (TPB) collections we'd like to see. Here's one of mine:

Proposed Title:Legends of the Dead Earth: Titans/Legion of Super-Heroes.
    Alternate Title:
    • Elseworlds: Justice League, Volume 4. (or whatever volume number is next at the time)
    • Elseworlds: Titans/ Legion of Super-Heroes.
    Collecting 6 Issues:
    • Impulse Annual #1.
    • Legionnaires Annual #3.
    • Superboy Annual #3.
    • The Legion of Super-Heroes Annual #7.
    • The Power of SHAZAM! Annual #1.
    • Robin Annual #5.
    TPXtras:
    • Titans: Scissors, Paper, Stone (one-shot).
    • Superboy's Legion #1-2.
    Covers: (click to enlarge)
    TPB Cover: Legion of Super-Heroes Annual #7
    TPB Cover: Legion of Super-Heroes Annual #7

Legends of the Dead Earth (LDE) was DC's 1996 annual event. Basically a unified Elseworlds theme, the premise was:

"Earth is dead. Those who once might have called it home are long scattered to the endless stars. But in that scattering, on a thousand different worlds, by a thousand different ways... Earth's greatest legends live on. These are... Legends of the Dead Earth."

For this fourth and final volume of the Legends of the Dead Earth TPB's, I combined Titans and Legion books for a six-issue volume. However, to do that, I had to include books that I already included in other volumes. Specifically, Robin, Superboy, and Power of SHAZAM!. Now, this isn't necessarily a bad thing. DC has certainly reprinted the same issue in multiple volumes before. Or even rebranded a pre-existing TPB with another title altogether. So an overlap of issues here isn't really a big deal. In case you're wondering why the Power of SHAZAM! issue is included, it's because it's the first appearance of Thunder, who joined the Legion in this story.

For the alternate title, I suggested Elseworlds: Justice League, Volume 4. (or whatever volume number is next at the time of publication) because Volume 1 of that series reprints Titans: Scissors, Paper, Stone. So, I'm assuming if DC went with an Elseworlds TPB series for this book, it would be Justice League, even though that doesn't quite fit. However, Superboy's Legion is reprinted in Elseworlds: Superman, Volume 2, so maybe it would wind up in that series. Elseworlds: Titans/LSH would be a new title for the DC Elseworlds TPB's, but at least it would make more sense.

For the cover, honestly, I think DC would go with Superboy or Robin (my guess would be Robin), but Wildfire has always been a favorite of mine, so I'd go with Legion of Super-Heroes Annual #7.

No Caption Provided

If DC went with the Elsewolrds: Titans/LSH title, then it would be cool to include the only Titans Elsewolrds tale outside of the annuals: Titans: Scissors, Paper, Stone.
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    If DC went with the Elsewolrds: Titans/LSH title, then it would be cool to include the only Legion Elsewolrds tale outside of the annuals: Superboy's Legion #1-2.
    No Caption Provided
    Would you buy it? Let me know in the comments, and thanks for reading.
    cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cbishop
    #113: Legends of the Dead Earth: Titans/Legion of Super-Heroes
    #113: Legends of the Dead Earth: Titans/Legion of Super-Heroes

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cbishop

Sorry, a CV bug is currently keeping pics from popping up when clicked on. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon. Thanks for your patience. -cb

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.