Soramaru's quest to grow stronger brings him to the leader of the Yamainu, Abe no Sousei. Sousei proposes a trade: training in exchange for information. In search of the information required, Soramaru disguises himself and — with the help of youngest brother Chutaro — infiltrates the very prison he's taken so many criminals to: Gokumonjo. But nothing is ever as easy as it seems, and although Soramaru finds the information he needs to make a deal, eldest Kumo brother Tenka suddenly finds himself under arrest and in dire straits...
- Chapter 7: The Second Oldest Son, Sneaking Into Prison
- Chapter 8: Past Memories, Revived in the Rain
- Chapter 9: A Fuuma, Hiding in Gokumonjo
- Chapter 10: The Three Brothers, Sleeping Together in Their Old Home
- Chapter 11: Tenka, Shaking With Worry
- Chapter 12: The Sun, Dying Under the Cloudy Sky