digitalvampire's The Last Days of American Crime #2 - 2 of 3 review

Avatar image for digitalvampire

A step down from the first issue

This issue opens with a great scene a Mexican gang leader trying to get some intel. Tocchini shines again, creating vivid, unflinching imagery. After this scene, the art quality comes down a bit. Characters are bit less detailed, and the backgrounds feel very unfinished. There are some panels where it is hard to tell what is going on, especially in action sequences. The art is still great, but it's not as good as the first issue was. I wonder if Tocchini had more time to work on the first issue and had to rush this one through.

Once again, the characters drive this story along. We have enough info on the plot now that almost everything is falling into place. There's a great scene where Kevin goes to get the laser cutter and we get to see what a sick individual he really is.