capn_carrot's Larfleeze #1 - The Extremely Large Dog on the Edge of Forever review

Avatar image for capn_carrot

Larfleeze the Monotonous

I picked up this comic more for Keith Giffen and J.M. DeMatteis than any love for the character of Larfleeze, but I have to say I really enjoyed the madcap humor of a suicidal and monotonously droning Orange Lantern and his indentured servant at the edge of the universe. I'm not quite sold on the art by Scott Kollins (and would love it if Kevin Maguire would jump on the title to complete the epic threesome that gave us one of the best comic runs in DC history). Throw in an energy space dog and a new reason for Larfleeze to live (okay, greed really isn't a new reason), and you've done enough for me to pick up at least one more issue.

You can find more of my reviews (with images) on RazorFine Reviews