Follow

Kyle Rayner

Character » Kyle Rayner appears in 1652 issues.

Originally thought to be chosen by chance, it was later revealed that Ganthet chose Kyle Rayner because he had the ability to harness the powers of the emotional spectrum. Once the Torchbearer of the Green Lantern Corps, Kyle graduated to the role Ganthet had intended for him: the White Lantern. After the White Ring is separated into seven rings, Kyle returns to being a Green Lantern Corpsman.

With the DC Reboot, should Kyle Rayner be given his own series?

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

User Lists: 10

Edited By CrimsonAvenger
    No Caption Provided
    I don't know about you but I'm pretty excited for the reboot as we get a whole new Aquaman series but unfortunately Dick Grayson is being reverted back to Nightwing and Stephanie Brown will no longer be Batgirl. I'm all for making comics more accessible to a newer generation and changing the costumes as DC has finished second to Marvel in sales every years since 2002. Another unfortunate thing is Hal Jordan will still be the main Green Lantern, while I enjoyed his early comics in the 1950's Hal since then has grown ever more boring. 

No Caption Provided
    With this new reboot, we have a new Justice League, it's not that new with the exception of Cyborg whom to my knowledge has never been a League member but I'm probably wrong. With this sort of new League we have new costumes designs as well. Counting both post-crisis and pre-crisis history Hal has served with five different Leagues, with my favorite one consisting of Hawkgirl, Vixen, Red Tornado, Flash, Black Lighting, Red Arrow, Black Canary, and the Trinity. 

One would think that since Hal has served in so many leagues and such a well known character he would have some personality to him, after all he debuted in 1959. 

Kyle is a huge fan favorite, while he isn't my favorite Green Lantern, I feel he hasn't gotten the attention he deserves from DC, he was barely featured in Justice League and all the animated GL Movies or movie appearances have featured Hal Jordan. Hal has been the most popular Green Lantern since he debuted, not because people like that much but because DC generally only uses him in movies or on TV. Since DC is doing a reboot to try and appeal the newer generation like me, I like DC but I honestly don't think they have had any great ideas in a longtime until now. The way to successfully reintroduce the Green Lantern would be to bring in Kyle Rayner who is obviously younger than Hal and is multicultural which could also be a big thing since a lot of people nowadays are multicultural and it certainly makes a character more interesting.

No Caption Provided
    The question is what costume for Kyle, I would choose the one I've always particularly liked and that is the solid green one with the white revamped logo.

So what do you Viners think, is it time to bring Kyle back into the spotlight or not?
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

#1  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

they just killed him off i belive, so i dont see them bringing him back any time soon
    CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By CrimsonAvenger
    @Avenging-X-Bolt:  
    You never know though, since it is DC and the reboot all things are possible.
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

#3  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

agreed, i wonder  what they would do with him. as long as Hal stays GL  im fine
    ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ARMIV

Well, if it's a reboot I don't see Kyle being there in the beginning. Unless this change doesn't rewrite history, just the characters that is.

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By RedK

they should have Kyle on the League instead of Hal,since Hal is supposidly on of the best Lanterns it would make sense for him to be out in space serving planets other then earth. Personally i think Kyle is the best green Lantern, i love the way that his constructs are drawn and he was the first green lantern that i ever read about as a kid and i think he deserves to be back in a JLA book

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By johnny_spam

GREEN LANTERN: THE NEW GUARDIANS #1

Who are The New Guardians?

The power of Rage, Avarice, Fear, Will, Hope, Compassion and Love combine to be the most powerful (and colorful) team in the corps under the leadership of Kyle Rayner. Beware their power . . . and their volatility!

GREEN LANTERN: THE NEW GUARDIANS #1 will be written by Tony Bedard and illustrated with cover by Tyler Kirkham and Batt.

Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By Feliciano2040
    @RedK said:
    they should have Kyle on the League instead of Hal,since Hal is supposidly on of the best Lanterns it would make sense for him to be out in space serving planets other then earth. Personally i think Kyle is the best green Lantern, i love the way that his constructs are drawn and he was the first green lantern that i ever read about as a kid and i think he deserves to be back in a JLA book

Hal should still be dead, but nobody said life was fair.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.