Follow

Kyle Rayner

Character » Kyle Rayner appears in 1664 issues.

Originally thought to be chosen by chance, it was later revealed that Ganthet chose Kyle Rayner because he had the ability to harness the powers of the emotional spectrum. Once the Torchbearer of the Green Lantern Corps, Kyle graduated to the role Ganthet had intended for him: the White Lantern. After the White Ring is separated into seven rings, Kyle returns to being a Green Lantern Corpsman.

Will Kyle be on Lego Batman 3?

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
    Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

My 2 favorite DC characters are, and have always been, Wally West and Kyle Rayner. Though I'm not a fan of DC's reimaging of West I'm loving Rayner even more. I hope he gets some more impressive feats and branches out to beings beyond just the lanterns, like a darkseid or helspont etc... However, I am psyched about lego batman 3 and having a vast roster of DC heroes. Playing as Barry Allen (should be fun since he's as close to Wally as DC wants to get), Martian Manhunter and Green Lanterns will be great. BUT will they have Kyle Rayner and Nekron (my 2 New 52 favs.)?

Nekron, being more powerful than the games antagonist might be a stretch but I hope he and the antimonitor are at least on the game in some significant roles. I would love to play as Kyle as the White Lantern! So he's officially on my wishlist along with with Nekron.

Anyone else hoping he makes the cut? Heard anything? General thoughts?

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By youknowwhattodo

@supermanwithatan01 The wikipedia page of Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham shows which characters will be playable. Sorry to say, Kyle Rayner didn't make the cut, the Green Lanterns that did make the cut are Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Kilowog and there's no mention of a White Lantern.

It is disappointing considering how much of the Green Lantern Universe is represented in Lego Batman 3 through playable characters, but there is always DLC lol.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01 The wikipedia page of Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham shows which characters will be playable. Sorry to say, Kyle Rayner didn't make the cut, the Green Lanterns that did make the cut are Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Kilowog and there's no mention of a White Lantern.

It is disappointing considering how much of the Green Lantern Universe is represented in Lego Batman 3 through playable characters, but there is always DLC lol.

Yeah I saw that. No Kyle or Nekron, so yet again DC disappoints..

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@youknowwhattodo: These are just the ones that have been announced so far. We'll have to wait for the game to actually come out before we know for sure.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

The whole Lantern thing is part of the main story. So maybe.

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope he'll make it, but I doubt it, which is a bummer.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Supermanwithatan01

Epic brofist, Wally and Kyle are my favourites too, or were (screw new Wally). I wanted Kyle in this game so badly too :(

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@sebast_allen: wanted? So you just stopped wanting it for no reason?

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sebast_allen: yeah well hopefully they they'll make the cut. DC really disappointed me with how they've handled Wally to the point that I legitimately root against their new character

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do hope he'll make the cut, but he hasn't really been shown anywhere outside of comics. If he does make it, I'll be shocked and happy :)

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sebast_Allen

@Avenging-X-Bolt

Wanted because i heard he's not going to be playable, of course i want him in the game!

@Supermanwithatan01

Yeah, i mean i waited like 2 years hoping Wally would make it to New 52, then i got that piece of crap that we saw now, and this is coming from a black guy, i mean seriously, why did his race need to change, that was there most idiotic move yet.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sebast_allen: I agree. Its not about race, it seems insulting to black people to change a superheroes race in an effort to be more diverse. Its basically DC saying here's a biracial superhero, since creating a powerful black speedster wouldn't sell. Its ridiculous.

youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01: It's really sad what has happened to Wally in the new 52, while I don't mind the race change all that much, it was really the de-aging and the complete shift in personality that bugged me. Worst of all, hardly anyone talks about him anymore, and Wally West was a character that placed 8th on IGN's Top Comic Book Heroes of All Time and to see his character shrink so much in stature that many don't even follow him is depressing.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump anymore news

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The list of characters in Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham has been expanded but still no Kyle Rayner.

However, we do get Ace the Bathound, Bat-Cow, Condiment King, Detective Chimp, Music Meister, Polka-Dot Man and Daffy Duck as a Green Lantern.

mp13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both Kyle Rayner (as white lantern) and Wally West (as Kid Flash) are in the game, Nekron is not but is replaced with Black hand, not as amazing or gruesome, but still cool though. That all three characters will at all be in the story of the game is still in question, very unlikely, but, as a huge fan of both, it's still so beeping awesome.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited. Wally as Kid Flash and Kyle as white lantern is awesome. Here's hoping for Nekron DLC..

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Of course he will, it's over 150 characters.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.