Follow

Kyle Rayner

Character » Kyle Rayner appears in 1652 issues.

Originally thought to be chosen by chance, it was later revealed that Ganthet chose Kyle Rayner because he had the ability to harness the powers of the emotional spectrum. Once the Torchbearer of the Green Lantern Corps, Kyle graduated to the role Ganthet had intended for him: the White Lantern. After the White Ring is separated into seven rings, Kyle returns to being a Green Lantern Corpsman.

kyle rayner is shattered

Planewalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Planewalker

i really hate what was done lately to kyle he was my favorite gl but then he became ion which is fine but now parallax damn...he was the best gl of all i dont get the thing about bringing jordan back...whats on dc´s mind?
    Post Edited:2007-08-12 06:54:27

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Methos

hey :D

first, you stole my name lol

i was galen on the site a while back :D

secondly, i agree... kyle is my favorite GL, but i am seriously getting pissed off with them changing the GL mythos to fit the storyline their currently running with.

ION was a good storyline (the first time, not the 2nd time, i hated Jade's death), but now they've turned ION into a symbiote like Parallax?

nah, that sucks ass... i might stop reading it so they can't wreck the character and further than they have already

Nice to see another Kyle fan on the site

M

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Always more of a Hal Jordan fan myself and always felt cheated by the whole Parallax thing (don't get me wrong, I like Kyle, but I wish they hadn't trampled everything the Corps and Hal Jordan were to introduce him). I hated them killing of Jade and I know she will be back, but I quite like what else is going on with the Corps at the moment. I think Kyle will be back, he won't stay Parallax forever. Maybe the current story will result in Jade's resurrection, we can but hope.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Methos

turning parallax into a symbiote was just a kick in hal's teeth...

M

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Constantine

Methos says:

"hey :Dfirst, you stole my name loli was galen on the site a while back :Dsecondly, i agree... kyle is my favorite GL, but i am seriously getting pissed off with them changing the GL mythos to fit the storyline their currently running with.ION was a good storyline (the first time, not the 2nd time, i hated Jade's death), but now they've turned ION into a symbiote like Parallax?nah, that sucks ass... i might stop reading it so they can't wreck the character and further than they have alreadyNice to see another Kyle fan on the siteM"

I thought you done this thread hey this guys copying you

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Methos

The Dark Ranger says:

"Methos says:
    "hey :Dfirst, you stole my name loli was galen on the site a while back :Dsecondly, i agree... kyle is my favorite GL, but i am seriously getting pissed off with them changing the GL mythos to fit the storyline their currently running with.ION was a good storyline (the first time, not the 2nd time, i hated Jade's death), but now they've turned ION into a symbiote like Parallax?nah, that sucks ass... i might stop reading it so they can't wreck the character and further than they have alreadyNice to see another Kyle fan on the siteM"

I thought you done this thread hey this guys copying you"

lol, nope i'm just explaining it, again, and again, and again...

M

Zaraki Ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Zaraki Ichigo

I agree with Methos on all that has been said so far. I don't like what DC is doing with his stories. There are just too many problems with making yet another unwanted symbiote to plague the lanterns with.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Methos

originally Parallax was a direct result of the destruction of Coast city, a repercussion of The Death of Superman...

Hal went crazy and asked the guardians to bring back his city and everyone he loved, the guardians refused so he went to make them do it...

that made sense to me, a hero goes crazy after loosing everything, that made the character seem more real and human...

saying that he didn't really go crazy and it was an alien symbiote that made him do all those things has just cheapened the character for me. Hal had a good run, went a little nuts and then redeamed himself in Final Night, not something a millenia old fear demon would do...

M

Planewalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Planewalker

and how can he be in countdown at the same time no sense to me...anyway i do hope everything goes back to normal soon enough.and the name Galen is from a character i created like 10 years ago to fit something im writing he has change during the years but the name stuck so you know:) take care!! im kyle fan cause he was the green lantern of my age and time and jordan always sounded more like dope

Clantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Clantern

Okay let's aproach this from a different angle:

first of all the fact that they are bringing back Jordan is great, and after what the gaqrdians said to him in issue 22 i think it was, then DC must have big plans for him, also this just shows that the silverage isn't dead.

Jordan is my favourtie GL because kyle always goes into battle with an uncertainty, so, if you were to go into battle uncertain you are going to win, where is the willpower? i get people say it's the courage to go into battle, and thats all that counts. Well i don't think it is, if you have willpower, you don't think of 'uncertainty' you think of 'how am i gonna beat this guy?'

Third - it would make sense (even though i liked the previous parallax story) if parallax was an alien entity that took over hal jordans mind in his moment of Fear and Doubt, but the willpower of Hal Jordan finally overcome it, because if you could get through to someone by fear, and make it look like they're going crazy, your obviously going to go for the strongest arn't you? that would make sense why, Hal with no record of mental illness randomly went crazy, because of this alien.

One quick final note, i'm not just trying to argue that hal is better than kyle, because clearly, (and i am admitting it) i AM a fanboy of Hal, i'm just trying to make people see the way i see, also, i do like the fact that they made parallax an 'alien thingy' but i do PREFER the crazy tory, because we all have our moments, but some are just more extreme than others, but what i was trying to do, was make people see how it DOES make sense, when gone over.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.