Follow

Kyle Rayner

Character » Kyle Rayner appears in 1664 issues.

Originally thought to be chosen by chance, it was later revealed that Ganthet chose Kyle Rayner because he had the ability to harness the powers of the emotional spectrum. Once the Torchbearer of the Green Lantern Corps, Kyle graduated to the role Ganthet had intended for him: the White Lantern. After the White Ring is separated into seven rings, Kyle returns to being a Green Lantern Corpsman.

Kyle Rayner - Is he getting weaker?

modunhanul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By modunhanul

I've read Omega men, and I've read until he gets back his ring and fights Viceroy's army.

And Kyle only makes small guns or sword to fight the army.

Couldn't he make something more powerful? I mean he created giant robots during the Sinestro Corps War.

mp13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@modunhanul One of the few problems with Tom King's Omega Men is its sense of continuity. For example, in the flashbacks, we see Kyle become a white lantern and then a Green Lantern again but since the Viceroy has currently a white lantern ring with red lines, DC had to change it in the trade so Kyle was a white Lantern when he meets the Viceroy (it's weird), but my point is that I think King ignores Kyle's history so he can try to use him in a interesting way. If/when you finish the book, King explains the "weaker" power set Kyle has by saying that he has to concentrate on all his emotions to create a single construct of pure "life" energy. While this did not happen in GL: New Guardians as he creates separate green and red constructs out of will and rage, I think this new perspective on Kyle's power makes the Omega Men story feel more stressful and crazy for the lantern, which I thought was really fun, even though it doesn't make complete sense, continuity wise.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HighAccuser

I heard he was nerfed in omega men a bit but King is amazing

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.