Follow

Krypto

Character » Krypto appears in 1148 issues.

Krypto is Superman's Kryptonian dog. He possesses all of the sun-born abilities of his master, as well as super-canine intelligence. He is also known for being a sort of sidekick to Superboy becoming his companion after Superman saw he had no time to give to the very social canine. He has also appeared in his own cartoon series.

How strong is Krypto?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wolfrazer

I know his teeth are very powerful, but like in terms of carrying/lifting things how much can he lift? His strength is still proportionate to a dog level right? Or is he as strong as Superman?

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By XLR87T3

I think, strength-wise, he's proportionate to a dog. That means a little weaker than Superman, but can still tackle.people.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Wolfrazer
    @XLR87T3 said:

I think, strength-wise, he's proportionate to a dog. That means a little weaker than Superman, but can still tackle.people.

Don't suppose, theres any scans of showing strength feats of Krypto anywhere?
    Zdaybreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Zdaybreak

I imagine that Krypto's powers would be like Bolt's television persona. Super-bark that work like Black Canary's sonic scream, a powerful bite that could break bones or pull a tree down, heat and x-ray vision, ice-breath..etc. Think Superman if he was turned into a dog by some rare-colored kryptonite.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wolfrazer
    @Shotgun:  Strength wise, I mean like lifting. How much could the dog lift, is what I am trying to understand.
    chocobojam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By chocobojam

Strong enough to endure any kick.

GoodLookin56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's beat the crap outta Darkseid alone, I'm pretty sure. Unless it was Doomsday. Either way, Supes has a hard enough time taking either down

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll say he is between 40 to 60% of Superman's strength.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.