Follow

Kratos

Character » Kratos appears in 20 issues.

A demigod bent on murdering The Olympian Gods, Kratos was once the God of War, but his lust for power was feared by his father Zeus, thus making him kill his own son. Now, resurrected from Hades, Kratos now seeks revenge against The Olympian Gods.

God of War: Ascension

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Martian
    Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Inverno

I am bit disappointed, this looks like a prequel...

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The_Martian

@CaioTrubat: From rumors, it seems like this will be a prequel before the PSP titles. G4 suggested that he might even be a teen Kratos. Could be interesting to see him as a younger man.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Inverno

@Nobody: What is left to be told about his past that we already know? I played the PSP prequels and they were satisfying enough. I was slightly disappointed that he didn't go out to kill the norse or egyptian pantheons, but agree that is too far-fetched. I think I wait a bit more and see what this game offers.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Martian

@CaioTrubat: I'm not sure what would be really left to do in the next God of War game. Like you said, he could fight other gods from Norse or whatever, but that seems kinda off.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Inverno

@Nobody: It could have been lot worse. Me and my friends were speculating that the game could have continued from GOW3 where some Gods still survived and seek revenge against Kratos for destroying the world or the Gods were reborn into the Roman Gods. Honestly, I have no idea if they should continue the series because there is nothing left to do after GOW 3 and making another prequel make it sound like GOW is going backwards.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Martian

@CaioTrubat: I wonder if they could do a God of War game without Kratos. Different gods, different main character, but same gamestyle. It might work, though most people play for Kratos.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Inverno

@Nobody said:

@CaioTrubat: I wonder if they could do a God of War game without Kratos. Different gods, different main character, but same gamestyle. It might work, though most people play for Kratos.

They already made one back at 2010 it was called Dante's Inferno for PS3/X360

Its the Divine Comedy' retold story where Dante Alighieri (here a muscle bound hunk instead of a wimpy old man) must venture through the nine circles of hell in order to rescue his beloved Beatrice Portinari (a really hot blonde chick) from being forced to marry Lucifer.

It didn't made much sucess because it was released the same year as GOW3 was dissimissed as a rippof, but damn the best one out there a really fun game to play. Totally recommend it :-D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.