Follow

Kon-El

Character » Kon-El appears in 1740 issues.

Conner Kent, also known as Kon-El, is a human/Kryptonian hybrid clone of Superman and Lex Luthor created by N.O.W.H.E.R.E. for the purpose of being the mantle of Superman. Instead, he stuck to his own path, and became a member of the Teen Titans.

Who or what killed Superboy?

KidVega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KidVega
    The video game "Death and Return of Superman" make me interested in Superboy, find some info in Wikipedia and here in comicvine and start read his adventures in cronological order.

His introduction was awsome, during the "Reign of the Supermen" story arc he start to learn how to be a hero thanks to Steel, and later by Guardian and Dubilex. And his adventures in hawaii were simple and funny and innocent like him, and its have logic because the comic was about him.
    I don't understand the "Superboy and the Ravers" saga, but his introduction in Young Justice increase his contact between other superheroes in the "funny and simple way"...

If you ask me, when he change his costume the adventures of Superboy become... stupid, more and more, but Young Justice keep some of the original quality until the murder of Donna Troy.
    At the 100th issue the comic was cancelled because the writters and the artists let Superboy popularity fall like a rock. >:(

The Young Justice crew return now as the new Teen Titans, where he changes his costume again, and his personality he wasn't stupid anymore now he become an introspective and doubtful guy.
    In Teen Titans has no life except with the Titans and the Superman family ( Roxy? Rex? Guardian?Dubilex?Knockout?His friends of the Cadmus Project? Amnesia?)

This is my view, the first 80 issues Superboy was a very nice guy with a very positive actitude, the last 20 became in something so stupid and finally in Teen Titans we have a low autoesteem dude.

They killed Superboy, Prime only delivers the coup de grâce to Superboy

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

What do you think?
    Sorry for my english :O

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Calvin
    KidVega said:
    "They killed Superboy, Prime only delivers the coup de grâce to Superboy"
    It's hard not to agreed with that.
    Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3  Edited By Zoom

Agreed.  None of Young Justice was the same after Graduation Day.  It all dropped in quality and ignored previous continuity.

This is because Geoff Johns, much as I like his work on the Flash and JSA, is no Peter David.

I didn't read the last 20 of Superboy so I can't speak for that.

KidVega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KidVega
    Zoom said:
    "Agreed.  None of Young Justice was the same after Graduation Day.  It all dropped in quality and ignored previous continuity."
    Look at this:

No Caption Provided

Kryptonite?Maybe to the Titans Tomorrow Superboy (Tim Drake cloned him in this future)
    But not our Kon-El in Superboy Annual #01 we see that:

No Caption Provided
    I want my quiz points and my continuity back

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By SevanGrim
    Zoom said:
    "Agreed.  None of Young Justice was the same after Graduation Day.  It all dropped in quality and ignored previous continuity.This is because Geoff Johns, much as I like his work on the Flash and JSA, is no Peter David.I didn't read the last 20 of Superboy so I can't speak for that."
    i actually really like it after GD. the point of all of the changes was because they all just watched Donna Troy die, and they all felt like they where a bit responsible. so there where allot of personality changes. But it wasn't like Conner just came back as a book worm or a Batman type. he just got a bit quieter.
     and idk what Superboy u where reading about before GD, but Superboy was never stupid. Hot headed, yes. Sometimes a bit anoying? Sure, early on. But he has never just been a dumb brute. the ways he utilizes his TT alone was always pretty genious.
    KidVega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KidVega

No Caption Provided
    After issue 80 this is the kind of things that we saw in the SB series
    WHY, WHY!!!
    BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BatDance
    John's obsession with the alternate Emoboy Prime killed him
    E.I.S.A.M.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By E.I.S.A.M.

I like the new Superboy. He seems to have more layers, and a real purpose. He has his own book now, and to be perfectly honest, If it wasn't for what Johns' did with him, I never would've been interested in the character in the first place. Fun is fine, but I'll take a serious story over camp any day of the week.  

Not saying anyone's wrong here, just offering a different opinion.

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By SevanGrim
    @KidVega said:
    "
    No Caption Provided
    After issue 80 this is the kind of things that we saw in the SB series
    WHY, WHY!!! "
    this wasn't serious, was it? i ask that already knowing the answer. This was in a time-frame where everyone's comics had a bit of a goofy tinge to them. and besides, this was the type of life superboy lead once he was out on his own. not the kissing ugly ladies thing, but the messed up, goofy "why me?" moments. its pretty much what made him so "stupid" as it was said earlier. He got as goofy as his life did, and Graduation day brought him back down to the serious side of life.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Primmaster64

hmmm i see

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.