Follow

Kon-El

Character » Kon-El appears in 1740 issues.

Conner Kent, also known as Kon-El, is a human/Kryptonian hybrid clone of Superman and Lex Luthor created by N.O.W.H.E.R.E. for the purpose of being the mantle of Superman. Instead, he stuck to his own path, and became a member of the Teen Titans.

What is wrong with Superboy's DNA?

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Glarinetta

Okay, in H'el on Earth storyark we learned that Superboy has 3 DNA line. Later I at least got impression that those DNA lines were Superman's, Lois and Jon's. If you read Secret Origins #7 you know that it isn't true.

His DNA:

• 45% Kryptonian (Superman, Jon)
    • 45% Human (Lois, Jon)
    • 10% Something else.

When they tested his blood in Star Labs the machine identified the species, not the actual donors. So, that 10% part isn't Lex's. I also would say that Star Labs have quite good parable system, so what the heck?

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

... Fixed that Secret Origins #10 to #7. Sorry, my bad.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

There's another 10% missing from that.

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

... GOD. Yes, i'm blonde. But anyway, now it should be right.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope that 10% is from someone outside our reality and out in the multiverse somewhere."this" Kon is already a time anomaly seeing as jon is from a future that might not happen,plus he died in Kryptonian and was a herald of the watcher,so it would be cool to see him access the multiverse somehow becuse of that 10%

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually if I had to bet. I'd say that those 10% is Martian DNA.

Think about it. Jon disease or genetic breakdown manifested itself has incompatability between kryptonian and human dna, but only started manifesting itself has the baby (Jon) grew older. So in a way its what happens when humans try to clone a kryptonian, during the accelerated growth the genes start to breakdown and they end up in failure. Even Luthor with all his wits hasn't figured it out yet.

But what would Harvest do?! Someone from a future timeline with the ability to move through time would do. He put Jon in stasis, and created a clone using the same genetic donors has Jon, Kal and Lois, but he knew that a simple clone would not fix anything so he needed something that could hold the two incompatible dna strands together when they started showing signs of genetic breakdown. And in DC what's the other race better known for its strange DNA, and amazing metamorphic/adaptability capabilities. The Martians!

That would explain not only why Kon telekinesis was able to surpass Jon TK and kryptonian powers, but also why unlike Jon he has no kryptonian powers whatsoever.

That third strand of DNA that neither Superman, Cyborg and Dr. Shay Veritas were able to identify. (Cyborg even stated that he didn't even know if the third strand could be called dna) Remember that in this current universe Martian Manhunter is much more of a loner, and people don't know much about him, and I'd would assume that's even more so when it comes to Martian genes.

That's my theory anyway. Give him enough Martian DNA to help the two different main strands hold together, but not enough so that extra strand caused to much genetic changes.

Remembering back at Superboy earlier stories, that alien woman that seemed to be made of fire showned when he broke into that prison, she not only had knowledge of kryptonians but was able to sense Superboy genes and called him an abomination. And I don't think she was refering to him has Supergirl did, because he was a kinda of clone, but rather because she most have identified to what species that third strand belongs to.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Martian DNA has been one idea floated around for awhile now,and for the reasons you state,and it could be,but that would be to easy imo.

There is a reason the kid died on the "flickering" Krypton,but was saved and turned into a herald,why Kon amd the other "superboys" have some kind of reality warping ability,and what about things like his consciousness all through his body,being more powerful than jon,and not needing to leech power like jon had to,to keep his power from burning his body out.

Some things could be explained by having martian DNA,but not all of them.

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Martian DNA, would actually be quite logical explanation, but I just somehow think that they would have been able to identify Martian DNA. I know that J'onn is quite loner, but still I think that someone would have been able to have some DNA from him to DNA database. Maybe he isn't willingly given his DNA, but c'mon, his fights can be quite bloody.Then again like someone already said, the Martian DNA is quite tricky thing, so...

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Martian DNA was to obvious a choice to be the actual choice,even if it's perfect.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#10  Edited By amazing_webhead

Let's pump Wonder Girl's stomach and find out. HEY-OH!

Loading Video...

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Transformers1024

Is it from Lex?

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is part something that can't be identified,and is considered a abomination,so it wouldn't be another human.

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Martian DNA was to obvious a choice to be the actual choice,even if it's perfect.

Yeah, it's comics... :( Sadly. :D So, explanation for that 10 % will probably be something really stupid, or then somebody just writes it out. Sometimes I think that writes don't even bother to check their characters backstories.

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transformers1024: Yeah, I can say too for pretty sure (99,99 %, but no 100 % because its comics...) that no Lex this time. Just Lois, Clark, Jon and something who/what isn't human or Kryptonian.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.