Follow

Kon-El

Character » Kon-El appears in 1740 issues.

Conner Kent, also known as Kon-El, is a human/Kryptonian hybrid clone of Superman and Lex Luthor created by N.O.W.H.E.R.E. for the purpose of being the mantle of Superman. Instead, he stuck to his own path, and became a member of the Teen Titans.

Unscripted: Superboy #1

• 50 results
    Meizzner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Meizzner

love the sound effects
    Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Fantasgasmic

Is that big purple guy Parasite? I can't think of many other purple Supes villains. I wonder if this Conner drawing bad stuff to Smallville will coincide with the Magog/Brightest Day/ preventing Kingdom Come from happening thing.

DarthStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By DarthStorm

Love the background music for this review!

DiscoNightwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DiscoNightwing

I liked this book a lot. The writing was real good. Little confused though and currently far from my books...did Lori know he is Superboy? I can't remember in Adventure Comics if he knew her as Conner as well. I loved him using the tacticle telekineses, it seem like he wasn't touching it though so is this the next evolution of Conner? Big issues though,  He rip his shirt and was like bam "i'm superboy" in a barbershop with people there, you'd think he'd be walking on eggshells more than Clark ever did.  And I'm sorry I am not a fan of how he is being drawn...most of the book looks really good except the title character. He seems misproportionate in everyother panel, and makes weird expressions on his oddly sized face. Manapul's superboy is the shizznit and I hope the bring him back soon or they step up their game. And seeing the character at the end makes me wanna go back and re-read WF3.
    AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By AMS

Was a solid start to the revamp imo.
    Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 730

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By Silkcuts

@ G-Man great video.  I am a big Jeff Lemire fan and think he is perfect for superboy.  I gave this issue 4.5 and wrote one of my most heartfelt reviews because its Conner and Jeff... I agree with the friend... I worry with mister Valentine.  Loved the ending.

@Meizzner said:

" love the sound effects "
    and 
    @DarthStorm said:
    " Love the background music for this review! "

Agreed
    GothamRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 23

#7  Edited By GothamRed

since you were in the garage, is this technically a garage review?  I'm confused. ):

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#8  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @GothamRed: I was going to address that in the review but wanted to focus instead on the issue. I wasn't able to film a review yesterday in the office and did it this morning in the garage to get the video up today. So yes and no.
    Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
    They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By They Killed Cap!

Would people recomend this book. I like superboy but not sure in his own book? Help me.
    difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By difficlus

Why so many garage reviews and videos, i want to see the office again!! lol 

btw nice review Gman...

AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AMS
    @They Killed Cap!:

Personally If you are not sure, I would wait and let it build abit more steam to be honest, but thats just my opinion on the matter. 

Mr_Wayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#12  Edited By Mr_Wayne69

I never thought SB (Remember that? "SB"?) was annoying. I always loved his dialog. He was the superhero equivalent to being the voice of my generation. Now he feels like a knock off Superman at times. From what you said I might give this book a try though. I've read a few reviews and so far I've heard nothing but positive feedback from it. Nice review, G-Man! Side note: JT Krul ain't great. He's good, sometimes even bad (Green Arrow) but he's not great.

eternale0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By eternale0

Love this start to a new superboy book.

Aeroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Aeroman

hey I was wondering are you going to review young justice when it comes out

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @Aeroman: Maaaybe. Even though it'll be written by Art Baltazar and Franco (who are both awesome on Tiny Titans), I'm not sure since this is basically a TV adapted comic. I've only been doing a a couple Unscripteds a week so it would really depend on what else comes out that week, if anything else gets me really excited.
    Avatar image for crimsoninutears
    CrimsonInuTears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CrimsonInuTears

About the friend thing... too early, to outta the blue, an too stupid. I will however say, thanks to when his budy met that swamp thing in Adventure Comics, tellin him he'll be his greatest friend an greatest enemy, that lil "bomb" could acutally make it quite interestin, different from the Lex an Clark/Sups relationship. But I totally agree, it's hard to work to that angle well. ^_^ 

Mumbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mumbles

a 5!...might read it. i like conner kent but not sure about a monthly book. 

THALASTDRAGON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By THALASTDRAGON
    @Fantasgasmic said:
    "Is that big purple guy Parasite? I can't think of many other purple Supes villains. I wonder if this Conner drawing bad stuff to Smallville will coincide with the Magog/Brightest Day/ preventing Kingdom Come from happening thing. "

thats what i was wondering too, i flipped thru tha issue when i was at my shop yesterday and i was thinkin that looks like parasite. was never really interested in tha character, but i like tha cover. didnt pick it up tho.
    ArtJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By ArtJoker

loved this!!!!! I was always a staunt batman only but after i read Superboy I am now open to broadening my tastes. I especially am looking forward to what the previews had showed, looked like night wing, Hawk dude, Elongated girl and negative man of sorts, really into what thats about

Aeroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Aeroman
    @G-Man: I meant the Tv show so sorry on not being specific
    HaHaManHV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#21  Edited By HaHaManHV

What was with the prolonging your rating like that? Are you a tv show host trying to get us back after commercials? Other than that, great review, it's nice having Superboy back on the stands

Dr. Detfink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#22  Edited By Dr. Detfink

If you haven't been reading Jeff Lemire (Essex County, Sweet Tooth) do yourself a favor and get on that. Tremendous Canadian writer and such a soft spoken soul in person. 

I love the introduction of Lex Luthor's niece in this issue...and I can't wait to see where this goes.

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23  Edited By zombietag

jeff lemire rulezzz soooo much.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @Dr. Detfink said:
    " If you haven't been reading Jeff Lemire (Essex County, Sweet Tooth) do yourself a favor and get on that. Tremendous Canadian writer and such a soft spoken soul in person.   I love the introduction of Lex Luthor's niece in this issue...and I can't wait to see where this goes. "
    Lori Luthor appeared in the Adventure Comics stories.
    Dr. Detfink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#25  Edited By Dr. Detfink
    @G-Man:  Is that when Levitz or Johns was writing it?
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By gmanfromheck
    Grendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Grendel

This hit all the right notes.

N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By N7_Normandy

awesome review; this was a great issue

waruikumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By waruikumo

I mean Obvi, that old superboy is kind of a dick, he did kill old superman, and this super boy.

Norusdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Norusdog

I like superboy..more the new one then the reign of supermen one...how they're depicted that is..obviously it's the same dude.. but anyway...why are 5's handed out like candy? I swear the majority of your reviews/previews/whatever are 5/5....it really de-values it and taking the opinion seriously when EVERYTHING is getting such high marks....

Perhaps you guys need to rethink your scoring or something...as all these high marks and so many 5/5's kinda makes it meaningless....5/5 should be a PERFECT score..meaning there is NO FLAWS in the book..not in the price..not in the story..not in the arc..not in the ease of jumping in..etc..

no offense meant..love the site and you guys...but..seriously...all these perfect scores are becoming trite.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @norusdog said:

" ...why are 5's handed out like candy? I swear the majority of your reviews/previews/whatever are 5/5....it really de-values it and taking the opinion seriously when EVERYTHING is getting such high marks....  Perhaps you guys need to rethink your scoring or something...as all these high marks and so many 5/5's kinda makes it meaningless... "

Sigh...here we go again. I only do video reviews for two or three books a week (not counting Garage Reviews). I'm not going to select a book that's really bad and have it take one of the 'featured' video spots. There's time and resources that goes into the videos. No one will want to watch a video dealing with a review of a really bad book.  

I do written reviews as well. If you look at my stats, my average is a 3.5. Knowing how averages works means there are some high scores like 5's but there has to be lower scores as well to average out to a 3.5. So that means I am clearly giving ratings below 3.5. A 3.5 is like a 70% to me. Average. I used to be a Math teacher. It's all about the math. 

Also, what is a review? It's basically the person's opinion. I thought this book was great. My only gripe was Conner's friend which has the potential to turn into something decent. I don't freely hand out high scores for the heck of it. That would defeat the point of having anyone watch or read my reviews.
    OnlyWonderBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By OnlyWonderBoy
    @norusdog said:

" I like superboy..more the new one then the reign of supermen one...how they're depicted that is..obviously it's the same dude.. but anyway...why are 5's handed out like candy? I swear the majority of your reviews/previews/whatever are 5/5....it really de-values it and taking the opinion seriously when EVERYTHING is getting such high marks....  Perhaps you guys need to rethink your scoring or something...as all these high marks and so many 5/5's kinda makes it meaningless....5/5 should be a PERFECT score..meaning there is NO FLAWS in the book..not in the price..not in the story..not in the arc..not in the ease of jumping in..etc..  no offense meant..love the site and you guys...but..seriously...all these perfect scores are becoming trite. "

I disagree. Just because something receives a perfect scores does not inherently mean it's perfect. It just means it's really really good with only minor issues. Also, since Comic Vine a small team and since they don't review everything a lot of the lower quality stuff just doesn't get reviewed at all.    
    Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I read this and this has great possibilities 

Norusdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Norusdog
    @G-Man: here we go again? ok I'll keep in mind to only post positive things....

regardless I can kind of see what you're saying.  But I don't agree.  Don't you think people are going to get sick of playing the "see what get's a high score this week" game? more-so than just picking an arc or character or whatever to review good or bad and just going with it?  I mean seriously..what's the point if it's just going to be high-mark books?  As is it is if you post a vid review of something there's no real point in watching it because we KNOW it'll get 4.5-5 99% of the time...with it being a 4 the other 1%...

But whatever, it's your site.  Was just trying to offer some constructive criticism..but apparently we can't have that here so I'll do my best to not bother anymore. 
    SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#36  Edited By SevanGrim
    @G-Man: didnt know you were a Conner fan! me too!  
     agreed with most of your points.I dont like the freiend either. i feel like now days they wanna give every hero one of those types of friends. Blue Beetle. Batgirl. Teen heroes can go solo! 
     but im a bit closer to a 4. Im not sure where all this is going. I see it as little more than shocks and randomness right now. Where the friend is going? Where the suprise guest, and the crap going on when they show up is leading to? When i see the end of this arc, i can decide how good this is. Because the downside to this book for me was that short of Krypto, there was nothing that made me cheer as a fan of the characters. Just actions and reactions. And those to things do not a great story make. We need attitude. Throw backs. I need more.
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By NightFang3

Cool issue.

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Eyz

Awesome!
    I really liked the arc Superboy had in Action comics!
    Now we only need Bart/Kid Flash to have his solo book again and my 3 favorite young justice characters (Superboy Tim/Red Robin now) will have an updated version of their long cancelled titles again!

greenenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By greenenvy

I am getting issue two  Why issue two? Poison ivy thats why and yes I am fan of hers and  I agree with G man cause  I would not think of her being involved with super boy in any way thats what makes it very interesting for me. I am in to see  the dynamic between ivy and super boy. 

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40  Edited By nightwing91
    @greenenvy:Well Ivy did control superboy during  a  robin/ superboy worlds finest mini series. So they have had interaction before this, I just hope it's brought up.
    foxglove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By foxglove

I love when you emphasize an issue as a "good jumping on point" and I've seen you doing quite a bit of that lately. For characters I'm only mildly interested or have only a basic familiarity with I'll sometimes pass on things featuring them. Thanks for always letting me know when it's a good time to join the party. It gives me that little extra motivation. 

MoonlightEast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MoonlightEast

Loved the review, it was awesome and agreed with almost everything. I just didn't get why you said you didn't see a connection between Kon and the last villain to appear. She was the other main villain of WF3 Superboy and Robin, and had Kon under her control for most vol. 2. They KISSED! (as gross as that was) repeatedly!  

No Caption Provided

So for me, I can't wait to see the next issue and have some flash-backs going on.  I like it when we get to revisit the past so its not all for gotten and others might want to look it up as well. Hope you can do a review on that  as well.
    sweatboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#43  Edited By sweatboy

OMG OMG OMG!!! my first comic was Superboy, i have a lot of superboy comics ALMOST in order (from the Suicide Squad Issue where Knockout and shark seemingly died to Losin' it #5) yeah so it was the first Superboy line. and may i ask,...WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE JACKET???? Lol, ok yeah, fine i too at first, thought he was a punk, (for me it was his haircut and earring, and that smirk i guess) but as i grew to understand him, he was a misunderstood kid who never had a father figure, and then to think of SUPERMAN as a father/brother, WHAT a relationship! Also i liked him as a kid for being a ladies' man, but ALSO a good boyfriend, having a soft spot for KO, oh AND KO, BEST REASON TO LOVE SB comics) AND HE NEVER HAD TO STUDY! If i was SB i'd have gone for Roxy. Also the company he had, Dubilex, Rex, i never saw him and Guardian together (i STARTED on the Death of Superman, should buy it the next time) he's like.......my favourite superhero for these reasons,....1) he's a younger character, so he goes to school and stuff. 2) first i heard of Superman was in Filmation's Superboy (the younger Kal-El version, and i didn't know he was an ALIEN back then) 3) he's best friend's with Tim Drake and apprentice to Superman, a brother, a son....a cousin. 4) good with chicks, mentioned before. 5) he's a normal kid who makes mistakes, (first i DIDNT like that about him, but then i grew up) 6) in his fictional life he's a clone, in his publishing, i'm sure the publisher's weren't sure how long he was going to stay around, (as with many characters) 7) he doesn't have any guidance, the closest he has to a father is ALWAYS OUT SAVING THE WORLD,...many kids feel that way. 8) last and the most important, shades, jacket, the S symbol, not many people have the S

SilverZeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 9

#44  Edited By SilverZeo

I MUST buy this book!

Avatar image for mistersarcastic
    mistersarcastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By mistersarcastic

very nice review, i pretty much agreed with everything that was said, but like MoonlightEast said, Superboy has had an encounter with Ivy once before and sicked him on Robin. I also don't care for the Simon guy, I've never seen the character before...this is my first Superboy issue, but I fear there'll be even more annoyance coming from this kid in later issues to come. Also didn't like the bomb he dropped on Conner, but I guess we'll see what happens with that. Another thing! I can't wait to see who these new "Teen Titans" are they show at the end in what's to come. Glad to see Bart makes a guest appearance, though I'm looking forward to Kara dropping in, as well as Clark himself, Tim, and Cassie. Good stuff, can't wait for the second issue! ^_^

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46  Edited By nightwing91
    @mistersarcastic: The new teen titans look like the old earth one robin, the next one is golden eagle, the one afte rthat kind of looks liike one of the legion of superheros, and the last one is negative man. 

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for admiralperpetual
    admiralperpetual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By admiralperpetual

nice Knockout comic in back (issue #2)... i have all of the Grummet illustrated Superboy comics... he worked in an office next to my dads in Saskatoon and I got hm to autograph them all...

Gordon Kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#48  Edited By Gordon Kelly

Superboy will also be seen on Young Justice Animated Series it will also be his first appearence on the show but it is on a diffrent world Earth 16 not Earth 2. I have read the old series and now the new series number one was so cool to read. I hope that Young Justice will last like that old show Teen Titans did not last from 2003-2006. I hope that Young Justice series will do a lot better then the Teen Titans TV series. Superboy is now in the Titans again and now his own series. I hope his series will make it up to more then 100 issues or higher if the storyline is good in years to come.
    Joe Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#49  Edited By Joe Venom

Yea Im not too big on the whole Simon Valentine  as a friend thing, honestly looking at Superboy you would think the jocks would approach him first any sports team would love to have guy his size, but hey its only issue 1 and there is already a lot going on in it, 5 out of sounds good to me.

It must feel awesome to have your own music scores as you speak  =)

sweatboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#50  Edited By sweatboy

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.