Follow

Kon-El

Character » Kon-El appears in 1734 issues.

Conner Kent, also known as Kon-El, is a human/Kryptonian hybrid clone of Superman and Lex Luthor created by N.O.W.H.E.R.E. for the purpose of being the mantle of Superman. Instead, he stuck to his own path, and became a member of the Teen Titans.

My ideal version of Superboy

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By stephens2177

Superboy should be pbysically like john carter, and have his classic TTK, but at SUPER levels, plus his new tactile sensory absorption (TSA),which are both focus and touch limited, if you consider those limitations, and no kryptonite weakness. He should wear a all black YJ show cloning tube suit with fingerless gloves, or titans of tomorrow adult kon suit, with no cape, and no sleeves, add fingerless gloves, and occasional jacket. His power should look like thisKon-el and conner kent are his "given" names. Super smart, wise ass, good heart, always wanting to do whats right, even if he has normal knee jerk teenage reactions. Hybrid clone created with "who cares ;-) " dna, but always be half superman, and half human, and the two strands merge to create a third strand, which that and being created under a yellow sun makes his powers different. Cadmus, run by lex creates him to do evil, but tim, bart, and cassie (the rest if the YJ4) rescue him while he is a teenager. Lives with titans, but has adventures by himself all over the world, space, time, and different dimensions. Every bit as powerful as a kryptonian, and looked at by them as a abomimation, cause of his hybrid genetics and powers. Dont take shit from no one. Dont mess with the S

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

My ideal version was the pre-Flashpoint Superboy....I don't know how anyone could like the New 52 version over the old version

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By colonyofcells

I prefer Superboy be a relative of Superman like maybe Superboy is the son of Don-El or Kru-El.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By stephens2177

I prefer him to be a clone,created by humans to recreate superman,but instead they get a superBOY,and with tactile telekinesis instead of kryptonian powers.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually liked the 'Superboy is a clone with DNA of both Superman and Lex Luthor.' Really adds to that already messed up relationship and allowed Superboy to angst about what side of his DNA he will follow.

Though a Superboy from the future of an alternate reality who is the son of Superman and Wonder Woman would be pretty interesting too.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

"superman"level

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was a subliminal implant Harvest put into superboy, so its not real, did you read the 0 issue? And "superman" level beings can kick the crap out of other beings on their level, Batman does it everyday.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By stephens2177

Bump to keep ideas fresh in mind

SuperKon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want him to say his old catch phrase "Don't mess with the S"

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved that part of the old toy line commercial with superboy being ani,ate and sayimg that,which was the first time he was animated,way before the Young Justice tv show.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By TheExile285

Pre-Flashpoint personality and powers with New 52 outfit. And not written by Scott Lobdell. That'd be my ideal Superboy.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish he was created at Cadmus and made to be a human superman.oh and actually a hero and having fun doing it.

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My ideal version of Superboy would be him as a clone of Clark and Lex. But with his New-52 powers, so his doesn’t become Superman-light. He would have weaker versions of all the kryptonian’s power but his the help of his TTK and TK Kon should match normal kryptonians

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My ideal version is a human clone made to be a super clone,but a clone of Lex with added superman DNA is fine also.

Power wise I would make him be a TK brick to the max,as in his power would be TTK,but it wouldn't be that hand waving crap,it would be coursing through his body,making him insanely physically powerful,strength,speed,durability,up to kryptonian levels.instead of being dependent on the sun and solar energy I would make his powers constantly build in him,it's own bio fusion reactor.I would give him the ability to sense or feel everything down to the macro level like a antenna taking in signals constanty.when he touches things he can get a better "read" on things and faster,plus he can control and unleash his energy outward.I would give him invisibility by bending light,and give him Pyro and cryokinesis by speeding up or slowing down molecules around him.you could just allow him to do it around his eyes to keep it closer to superman's or bizzaros abilities.because his TK would be tactile not no touch wave crap his weakness that he has now,which makes him drop to human levels when not focused,would be curbed,because even when he isn't focused his body is constantly in a state of creating energy,so he would not truly ever be totally helpless,even though he could turn it off by conscious command.

His origin and personality would be closer To the Young Justice version,leX and cadmus,the other YJ ers saving him,smart,but easy to piss off.plus the Kesel overconfidence and humor thrown on top.

Look- 1st Choice would be a black and red version of the white solar suit on the YJ show,just add a jacket and fingerless gloves to it,and it would feel like superboy.

I would have him back somewhere far enough away from superman and his Titan friends,and going on crazy adventures,over the top ones,that could happen in comics.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This forum is dead,almost as much as my hopes of having a awesome kon-el back......and looking like this

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imo the best origin for kon would be if Lex made a clone of himself,then added supermans dna to it.that way kon can start off like kesels origin,human clone,then add lex,which is well known,then add superman,which will mutate the clone into a hybrid,whiche is a better way of having a hybrid clone imo.

Also make his powers a fractured kryptonian powerset,as in make the seamless physical and mental abilites that kal and Kara have into 2 different powersets.physically weaker because his mental powers manifest different than theirs do.YJ show physicals,and kesel/grummett original TTK for the other half.then add in tactile senses,and TK hyper acceleration from the new 52,and you have a cool powerset that looks very different than the other SUPERs.

He could get his cocky and over confident attitude from lex,plus his ingenuity also,and get his desire to be a hero and never give up attitude from superman.

Hyperion_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My ideal version of Superboy was the original human clone of Paul Westfield who was genetically altered to look like Superman and to be as Kryptonian as possible and powered by his tactile telekinesis like how he was depicted from 1993 to 2003. This Superboy was by far the most fun, thought out and creative out of every other version.

Strght2hll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Strght2hll

I totaly agree with you Hyperion_X. The orginal SB had individuality. He had to prove his worth to himself and to the world every inch of the way. I liked the fact that his powers originated from experiments conduced on the properties of Superman's aura surrounding his body. For one thing, it was consistent with the explanation of Supe's powers established by Byrne and, what's more, it demonstrated that Superman's body was invulnerable, so even after his death, no one could extract a cell from his corpse. No kryptonian DNA his accessible to humans, even at Cadmus! The Lex connection? why not. But I always found that connecting the hero with the villain on a personal level was a weak plot device. It make all he stories look so simple: rather than build on more complexe psychology and subtle interaction, have them all be no further away than two facebook degrees apart...

Anyway, I loved Kon El as he was under Kessel/Grummet, and I would have loved it if he was sent to stay in the future with the Legion. In fact, in today's DCU, it may be the only place where he could be a useful character (I may be wrong on that point, we'll see with the new Suicide Squad series). Instead, we had Bendis miss this great opportunity, all the while he was working on forever destroying the Superman family, Young Justice and the Legion, forcing, no doubt, the next creative teams to reboot the whole mess and say it all happened in another dimension/timeline.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.