Follow

Kon-El

Character » Kon-El appears in 1740 issues.

Conner Kent, also known as Kon-El, is a human/Kryptonian hybrid clone of Superman and Lex Luthor created by N.O.W.H.E.R.E. for the purpose of being the mantle of Superman. Instead, he stuck to his own path, and became a member of the Teen Titans.

How strong is Superboy?

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By daak1212

I heard he has the potential to be even stronger than Superman is that true?  I also heard he took out Prime by himself.
    fedykin87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By fedykin87

Every recent future incarnation of Conner has shown itself to have advantages Clark will never get thanks to his Tactile Telekinesis evolving into full telekinesis and is hinted at as being psychically stronger than Clark. Although the latter was only really shown when ToT Conner was initially beating Kara with ease in a brief go around they had Other than that though its just heavily hinted and believed his superior to supes especially since the future Captain Marvel (freddy) is literally no match for him in a psychical fight. As for Prime I think it comes from the LO3Ws issues. All three legions were attacking Prime and he was for the most part completely unaffected by their attacks just being his normal cry baby self. Prime was batting away everyone even the Ultraboys who in at least two of the legions are supposed to be equal to Superman in strength but when Conner came he was the only one able to actually go and stay toe to toe against him matching him blow for blow.  He didn't take Prime out but he did injury him and was able to match him for the fight regardless of Prime being at full power and in direct sunlight.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Primmaster64

That was PIS

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By UltimateSMfan

hey has anyone seen superboy usin superbreath?? not freeze breath ,superbreath  as in blowin away stuff???

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By RedK
    @UltimateSMfan:  No not yet
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By daredevil21134

I heard he can press a 100 tons
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Mercy_

Bump

Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool

Yes he can and will be stronger than Superman because with tactile telekenisis you can lift things like an entire building without it collapsing under it's own weight. Now combine the strength that you get from that with kryptonian strength you go beyond super strong and get ultra strong!!!

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By The WeatherMan

They usually show him to be weaker than Superman. He could go toe to toe with Superman, but he wouldn't hold out for too long. I don't know about what power he has the potential to obtain, but as it stands, he is generally weaker than Superman.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By danhimself
    @Primmaster64 said:
    " That was PIS "
    I hate it when people call that fight PIS....it wasn't like a different writer came in and changed things around....Geoff Johns wrote all three of Superboy and Superboy Prime's fights....in the first fight Conner was jumped, second fight he was still recovering from the first fight, in the third fight he was at the top of his game and wasn't holding back.....would he have beaten Prime?  No. But he held his own without PIS
    Jodin20723

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jodin20723
    @danhimself:
    Superboy is not near Superman's Strength currently which is why his fight with prime was called PIS, because a WEAKER (then superman) SuperBOY was hurting Prime when in most accounts he is shown raping groups of hero's that include superman. not to mention that it took 2 SuperMEN to beat prime in Infinite Crisis. one major flaw in Superboy is his weaker solar absorption ability, i think that is a huge factor on how superboy might eventually be as strong and as fast as superman but will still never be able to go full toe to toe with superman. his human DNA has to create some type of Flaw in the Kryptoian DNA he has. because he is "half human" i feel like superboy should never be able to "fully" reach levels stronger then superman.
    Jodin20723

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jodin20723

perfect example is Dick as batman, even though Dick has the suit and the ability he will NEVER be as good as Bruce is. same is said with superboy, Coner has the ability in spades, but he has his flaws also that make him slightly "weaker" then superman is every way.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Jodin20723: That's what I mean. Prime  beat Superman, Powergirl and Supergirl in Siniestro Corps War. He beat Andromeda, Valor and Superman in Legion Of 3 worlds. Don't get me wrong I like Superboy, but it just doesn't make sense.
    Jodin20723

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jodin20723
    @Primmaster64:
    exactly i agree, i mean i feel like Legion of 3 worlds wanted to bring back superboy in a Dynamic way, so what better then superboy drilling a punch in prime's grill. lol but other then that superboy should of had his ass kicked by prime. characters can lose in Heroic fassion, superboy did it before and i think should of did it again in LO3W, have superboy never quit no matter how bad a beating prime gives him then he gets rescued by Superman and the 2 of them go to town on prime along with the Legion and kid flash. thats how i would of wrote the end of that book. lol
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Jodin20723: How can Superboy beat what's basically a Pre-Crisis Kryptonion, but not beat a modern one. Superman himself stated that he can't beat Prime. That would have been a nice ending.
    Jodin20723

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jodin20723
    @Primmaster64:
    i know right Prime is punching through dimensions, and moving planets to starts inter-planetary wars (Rann/Thangar) and yet Superboy can go toe to toe with him. lol i call bull Sh!t lol
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Jodin20723: And even if it was true...Kon should be stronger than Supes.
    AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AMS

They got the loop hole of Primes psychosis effecting him I suppose. 

He is scared by Flashes and Superboy hence he loses yet he walks around pimp slapping stronger people than them because he isn't scared of them.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Primmaster64
    @AMS: lol
    hulkvshulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By hulkvshulk

um bro superman lift over 100 trillion tons no lie

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By stephens2177

superboy caught karas fist wbile she was speedblitzing him,which shows his strength and speed on a kryotonian level.

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself:

Superboy is not near Superman's Strength currently which is why his fight with prime was called PIS, because a WEAKER (then superman) SuperBOY was hurting Prime when in most accounts he is shown raping groups of hero's that include superman. not to mention that it took 2 SuperMEN to beat prime in Infinite Crisis. one major flaw in Superboy is his weaker solar absorption ability, i think that is a huge factor on how superboy might eventually be as strong and as fast as superman but will still never be able to go full toe to toe with superman. his human DNA has to create some type of Flaw in the Kryptoian DNA he has. because he is "half human" i feel like superboy should never be able to "fully" reach levels stronger then superman.

This joint here

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is strong enough to beat martian manhunter unconscious

Hyperion_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Before Geoff Johns retconned Superboy he was stronger than Superman. For one thing Kon-El is far more powerful than Superman was as a teen, just take a look at Superman when he was deaged in the "Sins of Youth" storyline way back in 2000. Pre-retcon Superboy was also able to process solar energy better than Superman and Superboy's alternate adult version: Black Zero seemed a little bit too sure that he could defeat Superman

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is

Kesel SB,who had his powers from the start,and could "hang" with top tier opponents

Geoff conner,who had all kryptonian powers and TTK

Smallville had all the Kryptonian Powers and full TK

New 52 superboy had powers that only seemed to limited by his own mind

So a teenage kon did seem more powerful than a teenage clark IF they say and keep that clark got his powers over time and not fully until he was older

Sins of youth aged kon had full TK,kryptonian level physicals,and had heat vision and hearing

Black zero had powerful TTK,kryptonian levels physicals,and heat vision and hearing

Titans of tomorrow older kon had all the Kryptonian Powers plus full TK

So he seemed to be atleast a lil more powerful or versatile thnot superman.

Actually I wouldn't mind a kon who was physically like his YJ shows levels,and with kesel SBs TTK skillset(minus the mimic part that the YJ physicals take care of).I don't mind a kon who has to struggle,or isn't as straight up powerful as kryptonians.

Hyperion_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stephens2177: The Kesel Superboy was the most powerful out of him and the Johns' version. Kesel Superboy was far more durable and had a more creative use of his tactle telekinesis. Johns destroyed Superboy and dumbed him down. Kesel wrote him far more better and more detailed with a more fun personality to match

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every thing you said is of course obvious,the kesel kon was the one with the most heart,most will power,most ingenuity,most personality.

I miss that series every damn day

Hyperion_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stephens2177: Same here. Pre-retcon Superboy is my favorite character ever. The genius behind his original origin of making him a metahuman manipulating Superman's bio-electric aura at a time when DC had a rule that Superman was the only Kryptonian made him so unique and creative. I always wanted to see Black Zero fight Superman and show just how much more powerful Kon-El would be as an adult, but it never happened?

AROSS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Think about Clark Kent from Smallville; but from season 1-3, except for the part of him being somewhat strong with the Force and slowly learning ways to utilize it. In other words, a hybridized Human-Kryptonian Anakin Skywalker. So, if someone is asked how powerful would he be in the comics, the obvious answer would be that he is pretty strong and could potentially be developed as a powerful character. But the real answer is, it depends on how he wanted to be like. For example, if he focuses on his psychic powers over his Kryptonian powers, he could develop a variety of techniques such as his disassembly and force blasts which can obliterate or crush almost anything. Or else he could focus on his Kryptonian powers like in the comics whereas he could find different ways of using it. Overall he has a variety of options and could become the Second Superman or a good version of Black Zero.

On the other hand, the new-52, pre-rebirth superboy is a literal force wielder. One who is untrained and inexperienced, while slowly understanding about himself, his powers and the world he lives in. This version of the superboy is a total Anakin Skywalker. He is strong with both telekinesis and telepathy and able to simulate Superman's own powers to a greater extent. Apart from these, he could also fire powerful and devastating psychic blasts, lift heavy objects and hurl at his opponents, generate forcefields, manipulate the light spectrum to camouflage himself, etc. Even his telepathic powers are to be reckoned with. This version possessed the power to learn and communicate with any sentient/ non-sentient beings extract information by probing into their minds, access and manipulate their memories, scan his surroundings and more.

He could do all of these without manifesting his Kryptonian powers. And then there is Jon Lane Kent. His donor and original. If I am calling Kon Skywalker, then Jon is Vader. A cold, callous and calculating meta-human hunter who has complete control and experience with his powers along with his Kryptonian powers due to his prolonged war against the meta over time. Although both Superboy's Kryptonian powers are equal, In terms of psychics, this one tops the other. Not only Jon is a seasoned fighter, but he could also absorb the energy of any superbeing he kills himself and makes him stronger. This in comparison to the slowly developing powers of Kon-El makes him one of the dangerous adversaries for Kon.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.