Follow

Kitty Pryde

Character » Kitty Pryde appears in 6444 issues.

Kitty Pryde (a.k.a. Shadowcat) is a mutant gifted with the ability to become intangible and phase her entire body through solid material. A talented prodigy, she became the poster child of the X-Men; eventually reaching maturation and becoming the team's current leader.

Should Kitty Pryde get her own ongoing solo comics?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jhazzroucher

I wasn't a fan of Kitty until I've watched "Pryde of the X-Men" and Astonishing X-Men and when i bought a few uncanny x-men pocketbooks. Now I know why a lot of people like her and love her. Cos she's like a real person and gives us a different twist on x-men stories.

I have also observed that she has a lot of fans too.

So while I'm not really a big fan of hers, I really think she deserves to have her own ongoing solo comics.

Would you like her to have her own ongoing solo comics?

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By moywar700

No x-men character other than wolverine can hold an on-going.A mini is doable or she can even be the lead character on an x-title.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CODYSF

Noooooo!!!!!!!

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By IrishX

Love Kitty but she works best as a team player. I liked the Shadow and Flame series but that's the most your gonna get. 

She is a central character in WATXM though so I think thats pretty good. Much better than having her be M.I.A

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By moywar700

@IrishX said:

Much better than having her be M.I.A

comic book limbo is a boring place.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cattlebattle

She had her own mini series and I don't think it did to well.....

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Blood1991

I'd give it a shot, but like many of the users above me I think she works much better on a team. Still I love her character and would fully support it if Marvel tried.

colleen33408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By colleen33408

I'd read it but I'm not sure how well it would do. She's a great char as a sort of 'everyman'. But she's had a lot of solo miniseries-- Kitty Pryde and Wolverine (really a Kitty story where Wolverine appears); Mekanix, Kitty Pryde: Agent of Shield, Kitty Pryde: Shadow & Flame, and Pryde & Wisdom. Some of these are better than others. But with good art and writing, any character is viable!

Suprman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Suprman

I love Kitty Pryde, she is my second favorite X-Man but I think she works much better in a team dynamic and with other characters in general. That being said, I think there is enough potential to make a series based around her, but it would have to be handled well and by someone who knows the character. Let's Call Joss Whedon!

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Jenkale

@jhazzroucher:

she's had like four minis: pryde and wolverine, agent of shield and shadow and flame, and mechanix

sohanlon07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sohanlon07

She is one of my favourite characters. A stand alone series would be good but I don't know if it would sell.

LipstickZombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LipstickZombie

I think she should TOTALLY get her own ongoing, but I don't think she can keep it going with just her. She would need either a partner or be strongly involved with the X-Men. If she were to have a partner, I think Nightcrawler would be a good complement to her character and would keep the comic interesting.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Crash_Recovery

@moywar700 said:

No x-men character other than wolverine can hold an on-going.A mini is doable or she can even be the lead character on an x-title.

I agree with this entirely.

X-Characters flying solo have traditionally sold very poorly (with only a very small handful of exceptions) which is why there are so many team books. Additionally, if Kitty Pryde had a solo book, who would she be interacting with if not the X-Men? She hasn't exactly had any friends or lovers who haven't been part of that group for most of her adult life.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I would definitely love an ongoing series with Kitty Pryde, but she would need a writer who really gets her (Joss Whedon) and she would need a really good story to pull up her series.  However, because in the past, many X-Men characters had tried to have their own series ended up failing, it would be hard for Kitty to have a long ongoing series.

Cole_Mercer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By Cole_Mercer

Kitty is not that good of a character & her mutant ability is borderline useless lol

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#16  Edited By Teerack

I'd like to see Kitty Pryde transition away from X-Men characters and move closer to Avengers's characters. And I wanna see a 616 Kitty Pryde and Peter Parker <3

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By judasnixon

If you get someone like Peter David writing her, hell yeah it can work. As long as you write it as a "Hawkeye" book, and not a serious X-Men book. If you kept it fun, light, clever, and full of heart I would read that every month over any all new uncanny astonishing x-treme Wolverine, and the X-Men vol. 2 book anytime.

No Caption Provided

Ren_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Ren_

Highly doubt that Kitty is capable of sustaining her own ongoing.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By dangallant984

First off, Kitty is one of my favourite characters, bar none.

That said, she was kind of designed to be, and has been best used as, a point of view character for an ensemble cast. She's too quintessential as an X-man for me to be really interested anything more than a mini. And between running the school and being on Storm's team, she's too wrapped up in that world right now to have anything else not seem superfluous.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By TDK_1997

I like her but I don't think that she can keep a solo ongoing book going on.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think a mini series will work

colleen33408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First of all, I think it's rubbish to say no X-Man can sustain a solo title other than Wolverine. With the right writing art and premise, anything is viable. I mean if characters like Rocket Raccoon, Squirrel Girl and Groot can have a solo series, Kitty can. One of the reasons Star-Lord is doing decently well is because it has Kitty as almost a 50% starring character. BUT Guardians of the Galaxy was an awesome movie bringing mainstream fans. The X-Men movies suck and feature only Wolverine. If Kitty did something fun and interesting and was memorable in the movies, maybe there would be some extra fans but again, the X-movies suck.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colleen33408: I think that any character has a chance of becoming a successful star comic character in the right circumstances, but that which makes them stay at the top for decades is the holy grail that every comics writer, artist and company wishes and aspires for and so very few achieve.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.