Follow

Kitty Pryde

Character » Kitty Pryde appears in 6445 issues.

Kitty Pryde (a.k.a. Shadowcat) is a mutant gifted with the ability to become intangible and phase her entire body through solid material. A talented prodigy, she became the poster child of the X-Men; eventually reaching maturation and becoming the team's current leader.

She can't be dead! Can she?!

extrememage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By extrememage

So Kitty's meant to be dead right? But we all know death and the X-Men don't really mix.  

Psylocke- died, came back 
    Colossus- died, came back 
    Cypher & Warlock- died, came back as Douglock 
    Professor X, Magneto, Madelyne Pryor, and do we really need to get into Jean Grey? 

So now, Kitty's meant to be merged with a giant bullet with no way of getting out?? I mean she can't actually be dead. She was like the X-Mens "little sister", but then she matured and progressed and became a martial arts expert and computer genius.  

I get that she was getting a bit over-used in the X-Men titles so they've killed her off for now. But they've not actually said "Kitty's dead!". Doesn't that count as something.  

I really do not want Kitty to be popping up the other dead mutants Selene's bringing back. 

So, hypothetically, if she isn't dead...what's happened to her? Post what you think is in store for Kitty, and if you think she's dead, then please don't get nasty folks. I just want to see what other fans think. 

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I hope she is dead.

ryanwh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ryanwh

If people who die don't stay dead, you stand the risk of creating a universe where there are no consequences because people always magically come back. And that would be lame. Captain America magically coming back was the dumbest cop out bullshit Marvel's done in years and history should not repeat.

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By CellphoneGirl

For some reason i'm thinking she never really died... Just ended up on a near by planet or something... It could be a good arc..

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By xerox_kitty
    They keep on mentioning kitty  
    Any recent news on her?    
    Is Kitty dead?   
    Kitty Pryde die...........   

Sorry, but this isn't new news, nor is it the first thread on the subject. 

Cypher wasn't resurrected as Douglock, that was just Warlock.  However, Cypher has now been brought back from the dead as... well, himself, really. 

I doubt that Selene's plans in Necrosha will have anything to do with Kitty, since Selene doesn't seem to have any plans that involve going into outer space. 

Everything else you've mentioned has already been discussed in the other threads.
    extrememage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By extrememage
    @xerox-kitty 

yeah i no people have been talking about this but i just want 2 no first hand wot the fans are thinkin  
    if people dont want 2 post on this forum and go on other ones thats fine with me 
    wot i really want 2 see r fan theories and discuss 
    sorta like a fan fictiony thing
    extrememage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By extrememage
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx: 

sme  

i hope she finally manages to get out of that big bullet and fite sum aliens lol
    extrememage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By extrememage

OMG 

i just wanted 2 start a nice little thread and im gettin other folks forums gettin thrown at me 

did u do this 2 the 2nd person who started a thread about her death 
    or the 3rd?? 

whats the point??!!
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#10  Edited By xerox_kitty

I know you're called 'extreme rage', but you might want to take a breather and chill out for a few minutes before you try & pick a fight with a moderator.   

As explained, there are already threads about Kitty's death.  You said you knew that, but wanted to know what people thought... so all you have to do is click on those links and read what's already been written.  It saves us all from repeating ourselves (yet again).

extrememage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By extrememage

I just want to apologise if i seem like an a**hole but its just frustrating that other people's forums are getting thrown at me. I was not trying to get in a fight with the moderator and i do truly apologise. If you would rather post on the other threads then that is okay with me. I really don't want to get into fights with anyone but i do not understand why i am getting all this crap. Like i said i am sorry and i do not want the people on comicvine thinking of me as an a**hole.

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Precise
    @extrememage: lol don't worry. But the thing is, we often get very similar threads which holds basically the same information. If you want to look anything up with the search function you have to go through all these similar topics. It would be a lot easier if it was just one topic. Plus it takes space on the server when it really shouldn't. =)

So if you'd like to avoid these things from happening, then you should use the search function on top of the forum and find a similar discussion (if there is one) and join in that discussion. But if you're new you probably didn't know that. =)
    extrememage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By extrememage

thnx i will nxt time =D
    Avatar image for breaker_envoy_of_setron
    Breaker envoy of Setron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kitty will return but i bet she will be kind of mess up in the head or something when they rescue her. 

Imagine if she was rescued and became a new intergalactic character. :)

Avatar image for lokein_lyesmith
    Lokein.Lyesmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Lokein.Lyesmith

I think she could get picked up by one of the Cosmic teams, get magic'd out of the bullet, and end up on their roster for a while. I think she'd be kick ass as a Starjammer or Guardian of the Galaxy. Hell, even as a temp member of the Novacorps! I think Kitty still has a lot of untapped potential, and could be good on a team outside of the X-series. I feel like she's always had a male-counterpart to define her. Wolverine, Pete Wisdom, Colossus... she always seems to be a sidekick. Make her tougher. Edgier. Maybe even a litle darker.

The Sadhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By The Sadhu

Just remember... no stays dead in comics... no except Uncle Ben!

John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By John_Feaster

I'm pretty sure she's just stuck in limbo - just waiting for someone to write her back into the plot. I've said it before...I feel she'd make a GREAT member of the Guardians on the Galaxy. I mean, she's lost in space...and it would be easy enough for them to rescue her. Who knows? She might be the thing that lagging book needs to jumpstart sales.
    buns134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By buns134

SHE DIED i didnt know that man i need to catch up

Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

Just let someone stay dead. Just once!

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#20  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

She never died in the first place. She's currently one with that missile. And, if I remember correctly, she didn't require food, sleep, or air.

She'll come back at some point. But she's not dead.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By John Valentine
    @Abnormally Warm Guy said:
    " Just let someone stay dead. Just once! "
    Not Kitty!
    Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

@John Valentine: She sacrificed herself for the entire world. Why can't we let that powerful decision stand? It means nothing if she comes back. It's just a minor inconvenience.
    LauraX23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LauraX23

She is. 
    And I did not know Magneto and Prof X died =\
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#24  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @Vance Astro said:
    " I hope she is dead. "
    XD
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#25  Edited By sora_thekey

I just though of something.... She's going to be the new Phoenix host! and that's how she will return!

John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By John_Feaster

@sora_thekey:
       That's exactly what I said like...9 months ago! Wouldn't she make a cool-cute Phoenix?

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By iLLituracy

Well, for those of you who haven't read SWORD should do so before reading any further.

AquaMist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AquaMist

I really doubt that she is dead. Maybe the writers just wanted to take a break with her and see how fans would react to her leap of absence.    
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29  Edited By castleking
    well not a very good job if she were dead logan would be a mess and acknowledging her death instead of running around in other titles. he would visit her parents. retreat to japan and meditate and cry.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#30  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @iLLituracy said:
    "Well, for those of you who haven't read SWORD should do so before reading any further.

It was revealed in SWORD issue 1 that Lockheed has been pushing Brand into trying to find ways to stop the bullet, which she has been doing. They got a station orbiting the bullet which is gaining density as it's further exposed to cosmic radiation, and thus has it's own gravitational pull. None of the measures that the team in the orbital station have taken to slow the bullet down has worked, though.  It's revealed that the bullet was in the path of asteroid travelers, basically an alien colony on asteroids and there was no time to warn the asteroid travelers that the bullet was coming, but instead of the bullet colliding with the colony, it phased through, meaning that Kitty is still inside of the bullet and her powers are still working.

There's a chance she may come back in that series.
    "
    I like this idea
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By fesak  Moderator

I still can't understand how she can be alive without food, water or oxygen.

ithinkitwasyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By ithinkitwasyou

I think that she was interesting and cool when she was initialy introduced to the comic. She got a little boring for a while. They never figured a really goo look out for her. essentially what i would hope happens is that she is brought back but with no coralation to the X-Men. I mean she flying in a bullet in some random diraction. If shes not dead, she will eventually hit something, like another planet perhaps.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#33  Edited By sora_thekey
    @fesak said:
    "I still can't understand how she can be alive without food, water or oxygen. "

I don't think she can... she's either dead, dying ot somebody allready got her out!
    marth99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By marth99

I really hope she is not dead I feel like reading first class just so I can read something she is in.

John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By John_Feaster
    @marth99 said:
    "I really hope she is not dead I feel like reading first class just so I can read something she is in. "

I've been reading Wolverine First Class since it started, and I'd say that 3 out of 4 issues have been good, solid "Kitty" issues. What bugs me about her being gone, is everyones (particularly Wolverines) "She's out of reach or dead, so we have to get over her." attitude, as opposed to "We have to think of a way to rescue her." 

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 20

#36  Edited By umbrafeline

i like that idea too. kitty is like the terminator, shell be back so keep reading sword and astonishing and shell show up maybe as an omega-level mutant or the cosmic rays will alter her mutant dna. who knows.
    John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By John_Feaster
    @umbrafeline said:
    "i like that idea too. kitty is like the terminator, shell be back so keep reading sword and astonishing and shell show up maybe as an omega-level mutant or the cosmic rays will alter her mutant dna. who knows. "
       You forgot the option "...or as the next Phoenix."  

Me, I just want her back and functioning. The Marvel Univers has been WAY too cluttered and dark, with it's easilly forgetable Skrull Invasion, obnoxious "Red Hulk" mystery, and depressing (and continuity destroying) Civil War. I just want an actual hero, who will save lives because it's the right thing to do. I want Kitty Pryde back...
    Rabioso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Rabioso
    @extrememage said:

"OMG  i just wanted 2 start a nice little thread and im gettin other folks forums gettin thrown at me  did u do this 2 the 2nd person who started a thread about her death or the 3rd??  whats the point??!! "

The "point" is that there are threads about this exact subject displayed on the main article page.  You probably saw them on the way into the forum. 

Also, no Kitty isn't dead.  Very few characters in graphic novels stay dead even when they're declared as such, and Kitty was never even declared dead. 

@Abnormally Warm Guy said:

" @John Valentine: She sacrificed herself for the entire world. Why can't we let that powerful decision stand? It means nothing if she comes back. It's just a minor inconvenience. "

Except that, again, she didn't.   If we were meant to believe that Kitty gave her life for that, they would have explicitly stated that she died.  Oh, and guess what: It means plenty even if she does come back, mostly because THE PLANET WAS SAVED.  Not every act of heroism needs to involve literal self-sacrifice; and in fact in light of events like 9/11 I think it's a good practice to break our admiration of. 

Realistically, of course, Kitty should be dead.  We've had her powers explained as only working when she holds her breath, and even when not phasing, running out of air in a missile would quickly be a problem, not to mention lack of nourishment.  Again, though, if she was supposed to die, we'd know it.  If in fact she does die, it would break trends constantly established up to this point.
    Avatar image for silver_knight75
    Silver Knight75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 10

#39  Edited By Silver Knight75

what if Silver Surfer caught up with the bullet? could he get her out?

Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#40  Edited By Illyana Rasputin

Danger said the bullet had Illyana Rasputin's genetic signature. I wouldn't be opposed to Illyana rescuing her best friend. 

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Korg
    @fesak said:
    " I still can't understand how she can be alive without food, water or oxygen. "
    There are a bunch of fans out there who take turns clapping really hard.
    Harlekin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#42  Edited By Harlekin
    @fesak:  I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact she can phase trough walls.
    John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By John_Feaster
    @Illyana Rasputin said:
    "Danger said the bullet had Illyana Rasputin's genetic signature. I wouldn't be opposed to Illyana rescuing her best friend.  "

I've been saying that for years...but when Illyana returned, not only did she not bring Kitty with her, I don't think thay's had her ASK where Kitty is! That's why it's nice to see them both together in X-Men Forever. Even though it's about a still evil Illyana trying to seduce Kitty into joining her as her demonic sidekick ;>)
    Walker696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Walker696

Its basic comic book knowledge, the only people who stay dead in comic books are Uncle Been and The Waynes(zombies don't count). Everybody else is free to come back as much as they want. Sentry brings everybody back, Sentry is the comic book Jesus, all things can be done through the Sentry, even in DC. All hail Reynolds lol...............I'm sorry I really want the Sentry to die right now

John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By John_Feaster
    @Walker696 said:
    "Its basic comic book knowledge, the only people who stay dead in comic books are Uncle Been and The Waynes(zombies don't count). Everybody else is free to come back as much as they want. Sentry brings everybody back, Sentry is the comic book Jesus, all things can be done through the Sentry, even in DC. All hail Reynolds lol...............I'm sorry I really want the Sentry to die right now "

The Sentry may be Marvel Jesus...but for the most part, he's an easily dismissable one. Once the Powers-That-Be stop forcing him on the Marvel Universe, he'll vanish quickly. Also...Bucky and a dozen OBVIOUSLY DEAD SUPERVILLAINS that have popped up as minions of the Hood should prove that NOBODY IS EVER DEAD ANYMORE! Honestly, I expect Uncle Ben to show up any day now... 

Just to say it again, I really hope Kitty comes back soon. Wolverine First Class and X-Men Forever are great...but I want Kitty back for real.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.