pregnet?

• 73 results
#1 Edited by dangerapple (40 posts) - - Show Bio

I recently heard that kitty is supposed the be pregnant in the wolverine and the x-men series

#2 Posted by fodigg (6244 posts) - - Show Bio

That'd be news to me.

#3 Posted by TheCrowbar (4397 posts) - - Show Bio

And Cyclops is the father! Dun Dun Dun!

(No I don't know but I thought it was funny)

#4 Posted by Dernman (26467 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops doesn't need anymore kids.

#5 Edited by Markall (182 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: Would be cool

Like a Tv Drama, Soap Opera

#6 Posted by jordama (4701 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

MIght explain this

Avatar image for the_impersonator
#7 Posted by The Impersonator (8501 posts) - - Show Bio

@jordama said:

No Caption Provided

MIght explain this

Hmmmm.....Interesting.

#8 Posted by frozenedge2 (1465 posts) - - Show Bio

@jordama said:

No Caption Provided

MIght explain this

She is wearing a wedding dress while hooked up to some medical stuff so maybe she was planning on getting married to the father so she wouldn't have the baby out of wedlock or something

#9 Posted by jordama (4701 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenedge said:

@jordama said:

No Caption Provided

MIght explain this

She is wearing a wedding dress while hooked up to some medical stuff so maybe she was planning on getting married to the father so she wouldn't have the baby out of wedlock or something

I thought she was wearing a wedding dress too, but everyone seemed so sure that it was just a medical outfit.

And lets just say, as of WatX 2, the daddy wont be Peter.

Avatar image for hotsaucecommittee
#10 Posted by HotSauceCommittee (375 posts) - - Show Bio

Brood?

#11 Posted by PrinceIMC (5506 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama said:

@frozenedge said:

@jordama said:

No Caption Provided

MIght explain this

I thought she was wearing a wedding dress too, but everyone seemed so sure that it was just a medical outfit.

To me it just looks like a medical robe or sheets and they've got to go on a trip into her bloodstream like Fantastic Voyage or Innerpace. Here's hoping Hank Pym is present to shrink them.
#12 Posted by frozenedge2 (1465 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC said:

@jordama said:

@frozenedge said:

@jordama said:

No Caption Provided

MIght explain this

To me it just looks like a medical robe or sheets and they've got to go on a trip into her bloodstream like Fantastic Voyage or Innerpace. Here's hoping Hank Pym is present to shrink them.
You might be right about them going into her bloodstream maybe to cure her from something or take something out of her. It looks more like a wedding dress more around the waist to me

#13 Posted by jordama (4701 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenedge said:

@PrinceIMC said:

@jordama said:

@frozenedge said:

@jordama said:

No Caption Provided

MIght explain this

You might be right about them going into her bloodstream maybe to cure her from something or take something out of her. It looks more like a wedding dress more around the waist to me

I originally thought it was a veil, not a pillow. If she is pregnant, her powers may not agree with the baby. They have said for a while now that there was going to be a power revelation.

#14 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3975 posts) - - Show Bio

@jordama said:

@frozenedge said:

@PrinceIMC said:

@jordama said:

@frozenedge said:

@jordama said:

No Caption Provided

MIght explain this

I originally thought it was a veil, not a pillow. If she is pregnant, her powers may not agree with the baby. They have said for a while now that there was going to be a power revelation.

That's what I thought.

Also, exciting stuff.

#15 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (6717 posts) - - Show Bio

@jordama said:

No Caption Provided

@frozenedge said:

@jordama said:

MIght explain this

I don't know. Peter and Kitty did have "you know what" before, but then again, it would be awkward if suddenly the baby is Colossus' and Kitty would have to go back to Utopia to tell Colossus that she just gave birth to his baby. But, it would be interesting if the baby is someone else's. I wonder how the stories would go if that happened?

#16 Posted by jordama (4701 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@jordama said:

No Caption Provided

@frozenedge said:

@jordama said:

MIght explain this

I don't know. Peter and Kitty did have "you know what" before, but then again, it would be awkward if suddenly the baby is Colossus' and Kitty would have to go back to Utopia to tell Colossus that she just gave birth to his baby. But, it would be interesting if the baby is someone else's. I wonder how the stories would go if that happened?

I'd say that WatX hinted that someone else may start a relationship with Kitty.

#17 Posted by SC (18222 posts) - - Show Bio

I think your all wrong. Jubilee and Wolfsbane will both take advantage of Kitty's and Colonaut's break to engage in a weird love triangle. Jubilee will knock up her buddy Kitty (biologically it works because they are mutants and former side kicks of Wolverine) then Kitty will get sick from the hybrid Vampire baby within in her. Jubilee will brood whilst Wolfsbane... I dunno. Etas breakfast? 

#18 Edited by RScottH08 (284 posts) - - Show Bio

Well i did see this cover for the february issue, but there is plenty of time in which it could be changed. guess you could call it a bit of a spoiler, looks like it to me, so dont say i didnt warn yall (sorry you may have to type the url in or copy and paste0

http://www.comicsblend.com/kitty-pryde-pregnant/

#19 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6717 posts) - - Show Bio

@jordama said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@jordama said:

No Caption Provided

@frozenedge said:

@jordama said:

MIght explain this

I wonder how long that relationship will last....

#20 Posted by Gambit1024 (10217 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope not... Babies make superheroes boring and predictable. Ask Luke and Jessica.

#22 Posted by frozenedge2 (1465 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@jordama said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@jordama said:

No Caption Provided

@frozenedge said:

@jordama said:

MIght explain this

Wait is Kitty in a relationship with somebody already? Who is it because I think I missed it

#23 Posted by fodigg (6244 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenedge said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@jordama said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@jordama said:

No Caption Provided

@frozenedge said:

@jordama said:

MIght explain this

Wait is Kitty in a relationship with somebody already? Who is it because I think I missed it

She's dating Juggernaut.

#24 Edited by frozenedge2 (1465 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: Her and Colossus actually broke up not too long ago

#25 Posted by fodigg (6244 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenedge said:

@fodigg: Her and Colossus actually broke up not too long ago

I thought they agreed on a long-distance "hold" on their relationship, not an actual split.

#26 Posted by frozenedge2 (1465 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: Well her and Bobby were kissing faces not too long ago so I was just assuming they permanently split

#27 Posted by fodigg (6244 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenedge: Important tip: kissing someone who is in a relationship does not nullify that relationship.

#28 Edited by Afro_Warrior (1134 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by DEGRAAF (8425 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see what Kitty's and Peotre's baby would be capable of if it had mutant powers. Maybe have abilities similar to both of it's parents, or maybe only be able to move through metal or something like that

#30 Posted by frozenedge2 (1465 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: Well I just figured Kitty wasn't the type to go make out with someone else if she was in a relationship with someone else. I thought I read somewhere that the two broke though but i can't remember where I saw it

#31 Posted by Mutant God (3957 posts) - - Show Bio

its Lockheeds

#32 Edited by fodigg (6244 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenedge said:

@fodigg: Well I just figured Kitty wasn't the type to go make out with someone else if she was in a relationship with someone else. I thought I read somewhere that the two broke though but i can't remember where I saw it

I think you should re-read the scene in Wolvie & the X-Men again. Bobby, on a lark, kisses Kitty and she's too stunned to shove his remote-controlled ice-body away, then the ever-faithful Lockheed melts him for his audacity. (see spoiler block for scans from Weekly Crisis blog)

Having a kiss planted on you is hardly what I'd call a make-out session. And just cause she doesn't want to see him fried doesn't mean she was all about it or something.

As for them breaking up, I would guess you're thinking of the conversation where she asks him to come with her to join Logan's school and he says no (or would it be "nyet?") because he doesn't feel like he's safe around children. But that's hardly a breakup.

#33 Posted by frozenedge2 (1465 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: Oh ok I think read it the wrong way. Thanks for clearing it up for me

#34 Posted by jordama (4701 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

@frozenedge said:

I think you should re-read the scene in Wolvie & the X-Men again. Bobby, on a lark, kisses Kitty and she's too stunned to shove his remote-controlled ice-body away, then the ever-faithful Lockheed melts him for his audacity. (see spoiler block for scans from Weekly Crisis blog)

Having a kiss planted on you is hardly what I'd call a make-out session. And just cause she doesn't want to see him fried doesn't mean she was all about it or something.

As for them breaking up, I would guess you're thinking of the conversation where she asks him to come with her to join Logan's school and he says no (or would it be "nyet?") because he doesn't feel like he's safe around children. But that's hardly a breakup.

However

No Caption Provided
#35 Posted by frozenedge2 (1465 posts) - - Show Bio

@jordama: So did they break-up or are they just taking some time off from each other?

#36 Posted by jordama (4701 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenedge said:

@jordama: So did they break-up or are they just taking some time off from each other?

This is starting to sound like the Friends story line about whether or not Ross and Rachel were on a break...

I would say, writers are treating them as temporarily separated but allowed to see other people, which means Kitty can see other people because I doubt Peter is gonna find anyone. Eventually, Peter will lose the Juggernaut powers and Kitty will be dating someone else and she will have the dilemma of who to chose.

#37 Posted by fodigg (6244 posts) - - Show Bio

@jordama: Wow that's shockingly explicit for a breakup considering how they're treating things. Eh. Well my apologies @frozenedge: I guess you're not the only one misreading scenes. That slipped under my radar.

#38 Posted by jordama (4701 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: No harm.

#39 Posted by frozenedge2 (1465 posts) - - Show Bio

@jordama: @fodigg: It looks like we'll all have to wait until we get an explanation on whether or not Kitty and Peter are still together and who the father of Kitty's baby is

Avatar image for the_impersonator
#40 Posted by The Impersonator (8501 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

I really hope not... Babies make superheroes boring and predictable. Ask Luke and Jessica.

lol.

#41 Posted by jordama (4701 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

I contrast that with Wolfsbane

#42 Edited by Gambit1024 (10217 posts) - - Show Bio

@jordama:

True, but Mutant werewolf offspring > Boring superbabies that may or may not be super

#43 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6717 posts) - - Show Bio

@jordama said:

@frozenedge said:

This is starting to sound like the Friends story line about whether or not Ross and Rachel were on a break...

I would say, writers are treating them as temporarily separated but allowed to see other people, which means Kitty can see other people because I doubt Peter is gonna find anyone. Eventually, Peter will lose the Juggernaut powers and Kitty will be dating someone else and she will have the dilemma of who to chose.

I definitely agree with you on that! This is starting to sound like the Friends storyline where Rachel and Ross were trying to decide whether or not they should stay together and I bet that whoever Kitty starts dating later on, she will definitely have doubts about dating another person because in the end, she still has a soft spot for Peter, just like what happened when she dated Peter Wisdom early on.

#44 Edited by umbrafeline (5919 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: lol the results were revealed on maury povich :-P

people seem to forget that kitty and wisdom had a thing back in the latter days of excalibur vol 1. @Rabbitearsblog has a point but what i interpreted is that kitty and iceman were getting a bit too friendly with each other toward the end of watxm #4 something about a kiss or something idk, i was too drawn back by the crappy art

#45 Posted by luckydomino1 (495 posts) - - Show Bio

brood infected her with his alien eggs while she was sleeping i bet this is what happened i would laugh so hard if im right

#46 Posted by xerox_kitty (17342 posts) - - Show Bio

@luckydomino1 said:

Typical Brood Hatching; No Pregnant 'Bump'
Typical Brood Hatching; No Pregnant 'Bump'

brood infected her with his alien eggs while she was sleeping i bet this is what happened i would laugh so hard if im right

Except we've seen the effects of a Brood egg hatching inside of it's victim; it doesn't take the form of an in utero pregnancy.

We can safely assume that the "father" isn't normal. After all, you don't develop a bump overnight, and certainly not without feeling it. Therefore we can rule out Colossus, Iceman & Wolverine...

Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
#47 Posted by deactivated-579156ff11b09 (1234 posts) - - Show Bio

- Charlie Sheen is the dad, it's the result of his tiger blood powered sperm

#48 Posted by Chaos Burn (1898 posts) - - Show Bio

@WarMachineMarkV said:

that be ace

MAYBE Colossanuats sperm are 'unstoppable', making the Kitty fertilised in seconds, and the baby develops at an 'unstoppable' rate? Lmao... I should write these comics

#49 Posted by jrock85 (2882 posts) - - Show Bio

@WarMachineMarkV said:

No Caption Provided
#50 Posted by Rickbarry (2005 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the idea of Kitty could be pregnant would be interesting for the dynamic between herself and Peter/Piotr/Colossus. She seems to be quite progressive and could choose to not have the baby. I'm not sure if the comics have tackled abortion, but that could start an interesting arc where Petey discovers her ending the life of his child. It'd actually give the writers a reason to let him go berserk and show off the upper limits of his power. Illyana seems to have him on a leash in terms of not letting him lose control. Cut the big man loose!

'Course I did see the cover floating around. Two issues and it'll be over. A shame.

Also, I think if Kitty bangs anyone it'll be Logan. Comic women tend to enjoy overly hairy, homeless, old men.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.