Follow

Kitty Pryde

Character » Kitty Pryde appears in 6445 issues.

Kitty Pryde (a.k.a. Shadowcat) is a mutant gifted with the ability to become intangible and phase her entire body through solid material. A talented prodigy, she became the poster child of the X-Men; eventually reaching maturation and becoming the team's current leader.

Kitty and forcefields...

Avatar image for ultimate_magneto
    Ultimate Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ultimate Magneto

Okay, I've been wondering a few things. Can Kitty phase through any forcefield? Is there a kinds she's failed to get through? Being that Magneto's is electromagnetic I would ASSUME she should be able to phase through it with ease, right? 

Side question: When she's phasing, can she still be levitated by certain means? Can her mind still be assaulted psychically or in some way physically like say someone controls the bio-electrical signals in there?

John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By John_Feaster

Well, this is what I THINK I know about her. She can phase through force fields, but not as easily as she can solid barriers. She's had trouble with Magneto's force field, for example...and he was able to knock her out once when she tried to phase through him. In fact, he was afraid that he'd killed her. 

I don't know about levitating, but I'd assume that she couldn't me levitated or held unless she let it happen. I know for a fact (it's been talked about) that while phasing, she is resistant to mental attack. For example, Emma Frost couldn't seem to do much to her when she was in phase, but her resistance didn't help much when Cassandra Nova - a telepath at least as powerful as Charles Xavier - attacked her.
    Ultimate Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ultimate Joker
    @John_Feaster said:
    "    Well, this is what I THINK I know about her. She can phase through force fields, but not as easily as she can solid barriers. She's had trouble with Magneto's force field, for example...and he was able to knock her out once when she tried to phase through him. In fact, he was afraid that he'd killed her.     I don't know about levitating, but I'd assume that she couldn't me levitated or held unless she let it happen. I know for a fact (it's been talked about) that while phasing, she is resistant to mental attack. For example, Emma Frost couldn't seem to do much to her when she was in phase, but her resistance didn't help much when Cassandra Nova - a telepath at least as powerful as Charles Xavier - attacked her. "
    (It's me; same guy, different account.) 

Thanks for some of that. Very interesting facts I didn't know about Kitty. She's a cool character and her power seems more useful than I originally thought. Anyone else got some feats for Kitty?
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By sora_thekey

I thought she did? 

Although it would be cool to see Kitty Pryde VS Invisible Woman!
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AngelFrost

Hm .. I'm not too sure about this. :/

But I know she's highly resistant to mental attacks.
    Because when she's in phasing mode, she technically has no brain to be affected. Which I agree with, so if telepaths can affect her in her phasing state, it should be an error.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

depends on the nature of the force field. 

she only is changing her density. but she is still intact structurally.
    this is why Magneto's field works on her. Magnetos field is a manipulation
    of the polarity and intensity of the electro-magnetic fields present around him.
    basically its like a scrambled code, that several things cant pass through or have
    a hard time doing, one the number one things being electrons themselves,
    which regardless of being phased, Kitty still has in her composition.

personally i always wanted to see her tested against Sue Storms field, which has stopped and
    contained a phaser before ( Iconclast, probably the best chance she had to have an arch-nemesis
    here, unfortunately the writers seem to have forgotten him).

Ultimate Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ultimate Joker

Could Kitty resist/be immuned to a telepathic attack on the level of say, Xavier or Jean Grey while in her phase-form?

laughingcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By laughingcorpse

To comment on the Kitty phasing's against Sue's force fields. During Ultimate X-men/Fantastic Four, Kitty is in phased state and Sue puts a field behind Kitty. And instead of going through the field she hits her head on the bubble and knocks out. When Bobby and Wolvie come to Kitty, she is unconscious and stuck in her phased state.....So, if that is correct and wasn't an error on the writters part, than Kitty is effected by Sue's force fields. 

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9  Edited By charlieboy

kitty resisted the shadow king while phased.
    charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By charlieboy
    @Edamame:

it was during the x-men true friends mini. it starred kitty rachel and wolverine and was set during her excalibur days.

MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By MrMiracle77

There was an issue of Excalibur against Dr. Doom, where she couldn't phase through Doom's forcefield.  Doom's field might be sufficiently advance to resist phasing powers compared to other fields.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.