Kitty and Colossus are finally over? (SPOILERS)

Avatar image for kairan1979
#1 Posted by Kairan1979 (27621 posts) - - Show Bio

If you read Uncanny X-Men #543, you couldn't miss this scene.
 

No Caption Provided
"But I need someone who's willing to at least consider living".
Does it mean that Colossus and Kitty are finally over? Are we going to see Kitty dating somebody else?
Avatar image for rabbitearsblog
#2 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (6717 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Kitty is on Wolverine's team and Colossus is on Cyclops' team after Schism and this panel from "X-Men: Re genesis" sort of explains about why they are splitting:

No Caption Provided

So, for now, they are breaking up, but I have a feeling that they are going to get back together again since that always happens with the relationships in the X-Universe, but it's a little too soon to tell right now since it all depends on what the writer wants for these two. Personally, I want them to come back together, but it has to be written where it's not forced and they have to take time to get over these horrible events between them. Also, I really hope that neither Kitty nor Colossus date someone else during this time because it might become into another "Scott/Jean Grey/Emma" fiasco and I'm not feeling for that right now and I want these two to grow as characters.

Avatar image for benjaminkch
#3 Posted by benjaminkch (28 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

Also, I really hope that neither Kitty nor Colossus date someone else during this time because it might become into another "Scott/Jean Grey/Emma" fiasco and I'm not feeling for that right now and I want these two to grow as characters.

Idk it might be nice to have a love triangle not involving Jean and Scott

Avatar image for nightwalkerrevan
#4 Edited by NightwalkerRevan (124 posts) - - Show Bio

@benjaminkch: Well there's always Rogue/Gambit/Maggie (though I hate the idea of Rogue and Magento with a passion :) )

But hopefully Kitty and Pete will pull through, they didn't seem to have a final breakup in Regensis so hopefully it's just one of those bumps in the road that leads to a stronger relationship in the end

Avatar image for princeimc
#5 Posted by PrinceIMC (5506 posts) - - Show Bio

Until someone decides to put them back together.

Avatar image for luckydomino1
#6 Posted by luckydomino1 (495 posts) - - Show Bio

can collossus retract his metal skin

Avatar image for princeimc
#7 Posted by PrinceIMC (5506 posts) - - Show Bio

@luckydomino1 said:

can collossus retract his metal skin

I don't think he can anymore. It seems like he's stuck that way for now.

Avatar image for creyzi4zb12
#8 Posted by creyzi4zb12 (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Peter Parker going to die? I keep seeing that preview in the comics about Spiderman dying..

Avatar image for rabbitearsblog
#9 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6717 posts) - - Show Bio

@NightwalkerRevan said:

@benjaminkch: Well there's always Rogue/Gambit/Maggie (though I hate the idea of Rogue and Magento with a passion :) )

But hopefully Kitty and Pete will pull through, they didn't seem to have a final breakup in Regensis so hopefully it's just one of those bumps in the road that leads to a stronger relationship in the end

I hope this leads to a stronger relationship too. I really want to see Kitty and Colossus together again.

Avatar image for rabbitearsblog
#10 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6717 posts) - - Show Bio

Then again, I've just recently read X-Men Regenesis and they seem to have made up or something, because Kitty told Colossus to call her if anything happens, so I guess things are still alright between them, although it is a bit confusing.

Avatar image for john_feaster
#11 Edited by John_Feaster (359 posts) - - Show Bio

It's because there're so dang many X-books out there. One writer says "In this book thet're broken up" and another says "I want them to stay together" and so on. This has been happening for ages. I remember that when Namorita was acting like a total hardass in "New Warriors", she was also appearing in "Namor" with her old happy, fun-loving personality. Each book has it's own story reality, as it were.

Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
#12 Posted by deactivated-579156ff11b09 (1234 posts) - - Show Bio

- I liked the original pseudo-relationship from way back in the day, but them getting back together in Astonishing X-Men was IMO a bad idea and very forced.

- There were years between the relationships and while they reconciled for the most part, the idea of getting back together was always a resounding "NO" by Kitty. I understand him dying and coming back may have sparked old feelings, but to go from dead to alive, sleeping tohether, and in a relationship in like 5 issues?

- As adults I think they make way better close friends than a couple

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
#13 Edited by haydenclaireheroes (12162 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel bad that Colossus and Kitty could of never really had a good relationship. Either one of them was dead at the time or too much was going on in their life. I hope they get back together but from that scene it does not seem likely.

Avatar image for jordama
#14 Posted by jordama (4701 posts) - - Show Bio

@haydenclaireheroes: When the X-Men come back together after regenesis.

Avatar image for rabbitearsblog
#15 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6717 posts) - - Show Bio

@haydenclaireheroes said:

I feel bad that Colossus and Kitty could of never really had a good relationship. Either one of them was dead at the time or too much was going on in their life. I hope they get back together but from that scene it does not seem likely.

Yeah, it looks really bad here, but I bet that the next writer will put them back together again, although I wouldn't mind seeing them as friends for awhile and not date anyone else for awhile, just to prevent more drama between these two.

Avatar image for omegahans
#16 Posted by OmegaHans (267 posts) - - Show Bio

Kitty should have stayed with him. She sounds like the one being more selfish. Should have forgiven him. Her own frustrations caused the breakup. Maybe she'll realize what she gave up one day.

Avatar image for xorion
#17 Posted by Xorion (447 posts) - - Show Bio

She doesn't deserve Piotr in my opinion. After everything Piotr did for her she is never glad and now she is dating/flirting with bobby. I feel weird I really like her in ultimate universe and dislike her in 616 now

Avatar image for allthatsgeek
#18 Posted by allthatsgeek (128 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xorion: I feel your pain dude. I'm a big Iceman fan too, but now I kinda don't like him anymore....

It's like watching a friend pick up your best friends ex. Not cool, bro.

Avatar image for blood1991
#19 Posted by Blood1991 (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

@allthatsgeek said:

@Xorion: I feel your pain dude. I'm a big Iceman fan too, but now I kinda don't like him anymore....

It's like watching a friend pick up your best friends ex. Not cool, bro.

Well you got to get with someone right? Then again he had a smokin hot Shiaar chick willing to get freaky inside his current squeezes body.

Avatar image for rabbitearsblog
#20 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6717 posts) - - Show Bio
@OmegaHans said:

Kitty should have stayed with him. She sounds like the one being more selfish. Should have forgiven him. Her own frustrations caused the breakup. Maybe she'll realize what she gave up one day.

I blame the writers for this.
Avatar image for omegahans
#21 Posted by OmegaHans (267 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: I do too, oh I so do. Marvel's writers absolutely SUCK at handling relationships. Unless it's Wolverine they don't seem to give a crap no longer.

And now Havok and Polaris have broken up! I can't take this stuff anymore!

What the heck is wrong with these guys, don't they believe in committed couples? Or do they just expect them all to be one night stands and disgusting orgies?

Avatar image for rickbarry
#22 Posted by Rickbarry (2005 posts) - - Show Bio

Bobby definitely broke the 'bro code'. I still say their break up is one of the worst things to come out of marvel. Her logic made zero sense. They're heroes; sacrifice comes with the job description...unless you sit in the mansion and never do anything like she has for the past year or two. It's a shame as Kitty was my favorite female X-gal for the longest. Now I really couldn't care less about her character these days.

I still say Pete needs to shack up with Emma. It'll burn Kitty.

Avatar image for teerack
#23 Posted by Teerack (10703 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been hoping for a 616 Kitty Pryde and Peter Parker for a long time. They were awesome in the ultimate universe.

Avatar image for rabbitearsblog
#24 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6717 posts) - - Show Bio
@OmegaHans said:

@Rabbitearsblog: I do too, oh I so do. Marvel's writers absolutely SUCK at handling relationships. Unless it's Wolverine they don't seem to give a crap no longer.

And now Havok and Polaris have broken up! I can't take this stuff anymore!

What the heck is wrong with these guys, don't they believe in committed couples? Or do they just expect them all to be one night stands and disgusting orgies?

Exactly! Marvel just doesn't know how to handle relationships.  The one about Spider-Man and Mary Jane breaking up was the most tragic to me.
Avatar image for jessica_majestic
#25 Posted by Jessica_Majestic (12 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

I've been hoping for a 616 Kitty Pryde and Peter Parker for a long time. They were awesome in the ultimate universe.

They're together in the ultimate universe?

Avatar image for teerack
#26 Posted by Teerack (10703 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jessica_Majestic: No Peter is dead :P Kitty and Peter had a relationship though.

Avatar image for surfingthehighway
#27 Posted by SurfingtheHighway (1434 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry: Wouldn't that break the bro code as well? :P

Avatar image for numi
#28 Posted by numi (279 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

I've been hoping for a 616 Kitty Pryde and Peter Parker for a long time. They were awesome in the ultimate universe.

Yeah it might be more Jean Grey / Peter Parker now... Kitty gets a hologram.

Avatar image for teerack
#29 Posted by Teerack (10703 posts) - - Show Bio

@numi: I stopped following 1610 a while ago... is ultimate Peter Parker alive? for real real? I thought it was some sales trick when i saw the previews.

Avatar image for numi
#30 Posted by numi (279 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

@numi: I stopped following 1610 a while ago... is ultimate Peter Parker alive? for real real? I thought it was some sales trick when i saw the previews.

I have no idea, how can you tell him from Miles in costume from one panel? Check out all new 31 on the last page. It may be Miles and who knows if it'll be romantic, I'm speculating.

Avatar image for teerack
#31 Posted by Teerack (10703 posts) - - Show Bio
@numi said:

@teerack said:

@numi: I stopped following 1610 a while ago... is ultimate Peter Parker alive? for real real? I thought it was some sales trick when i saw the previews.

I have no idea, how can you tell him from Miles in costume from one panel? Check out all new 31 on the last page. It may be Miles and who knows if it'll be romantic, I'm speculating.

They're costumes are totally different... Bendis wouldn't dress Peter up like Miles. The images I was talking about had them fighting in their own spider-suits and talking out of costume.

Avatar image for numi
#32 Posted by numi (279 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:
@numi said:

@teerack said:

@numi: I stopped following 1610 a while ago... is ultimate Peter Parker alive? for real real? I thought it was some sales trick when i saw the previews.

I have no idea, how can you tell him from Miles in costume from one panel? Check out all new 31 on the last page. It may be Miles and who knows if it'll be romantic, I'm speculating.

They're costumes are totally different... Bendis wouldn't dress Peter up like Miles. The images I was talking about had them fighting in their own spider-suits and talking out of costume.

Oh yeah, in the Ultimate universe he's dead as a doornail.

Avatar image for comicdude360
#33 Posted by Comicdude360 (3245 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for degraaf
#34 Posted by DEGRAAF (8425 posts) - - Show Bio

what happened between her and Iceman?

Avatar image for numi
#35 Posted by numi (279 posts) - - Show Bio

@degraaf:

Among other things, he sided against her in the question of the o5 being forced to go home or allowing them to choose for themselves so she dumped him.

Avatar image for goonage
#36 Posted by goonage (2085 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they don't get back together. For some reason I always shipped Kitty/Iceman.

Avatar image for rickbarry
#37 Edited by Rickbarry (2005 posts) - - Show Bio

You can't disagree with Kitty on any subject whatsoever. She's the ideal woman.

Avatar image for bellaardila92
#38 Posted by bellaardila92 (106 posts) - - Show Bio

@omegahans: Disqusting orgie of course like Emma and Cyclops did

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.