Follow

Kitty Pryde

Character » Kitty Pryde appears in 6445 issues.

Kitty Pryde (a.k.a. Shadowcat) is a mutant gifted with the ability to become intangible and phase her entire body through solid material. A talented prodigy, she became the poster child of the X-Men; eventually reaching maturation and becoming the team's current leader.

I've been wondering

KevinSevenNgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By KevinSevenNgo

Okay so I've been talking to people and I just don't see what's great about Kitty, her power is to phase threw things =[ I don't see it. Could someone fill me in?

Uncanny X-Men #522
    Uncanny X-Men #522
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Her personality.

Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Cherry Bomb

If your talking about power-wise, then I think she's awesome.
     She doesn't have the most useful or best power in the X-Men, but she certainly uses it sufficiently and has proven herself time and time again in combat as to how powerful she is or how skilled she is at using her powers.

I think Phasing is pretty cool actually. [:

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By sexy_merc

It's probably her personality. I don't know much people who actually like her because she can just phase.

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Lance Uppercut
    @KevinSevenNgo: She's phased a world destroying bullet, fused WWH's hands in to concrete on a molecular level, owned Emma Frost, etc. When you really take a look at it, her power set is actually very versatile and useful.
    IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By IrishX

Kitty Pryde is my favorite female character in comics. She has the girl next door look, a sweetheart personality, and an awesome power... how can you not love her? She also has a pet dragon and uses swords... that's cool too. 

eldestrisk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By eldestrisk

Lovable and tough personality, samurai training, jewish/mutant, 13 and a half girl turned X-Man, she could kill you without you even noticing her (she won't do it of course), she's such a great character that she can have two completely different alternate versions and both be great (Age of Apocalypse and Ultimate),  

And of course, she was the first one to notice Xavier is a jerk. =)

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Gylan Thomas

Alot of characters have powers that aren't that great.
    She's still cool :)

KevinSevenNgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KevinSevenNgo

=\, I guess but nothing about her really stands out to me, because a lot of people can phase threw things and pretty much all magic users can do it. 
    If your talking about how kitty can pull you threw a concrete wall and leave you there and be bonded with it at a super level... who cares? Not really a power that matters....
    =[

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @KevinSevenNgo: You just need to see her personality, then you'll like her ^_^ 
    KevinSevenNgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KevinSevenNgo

Well ok, here's hoping I see character development later from her so I can like her. =]

sonic5328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By sonic5328

For me it's her personality that makes her so likable but it is also about her powers. I really like her powers because:
    1. They make sense. A scientific explanation is given to explain how she phases.
    2. Her powers are not overly offensive. I find it odd that nearly every mutants power are combat based.

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By 614azrael
    @KevinSevenNgo:
    i disagre it is a usefull power. If u dont have phase or superstrength how u gona pull ur ass out a wall? ur stuck lot of use u r lol. also when phase materialises it pushes away other molecules or whtever the science mumbo is. poit is phase my hand in ur head n unphase u now hav a hole in ur head. her powers an understated one like dominos. thats one reason i rele like her the powers an underdog

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.