Follow

Kingdom Come

Story arc »

When Superman goes into retirement after the rise of numerous vigilante "heroes", who will defend the world against the coming destruction? Illustrated by Alex Ross

Movie?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Methos

Rumor's are currently flying around that DC's next major animated movie project will actually be the award winning Elseworld Kingdom Come.

From what i've heard, Waid has definitely signed onto the project, but bare in mind all of this is just rumor at the moment and hasn't been confirmed or denied by anyone at DC, who are remaining strangely tightlipped about the entire project...

It seems, after the success of New Frontier, DC are considoring bringing their brightest and best books off the shelves and giving them the direct to DVD animated movie treatment, with Batman: Knightfall on the list as well to be made...

While i'm excited about the project itself, don't get me wrong, seeing Kingdom Come on TV would almost certainly be a red letter day for EVERY comic fan out there, i have to worry that they will have to 'lighten it up' somewhat to make it accessible and understandable for the every day comic reader...

And 'lightening' Kingdom Come up would almost certainly ruin it...

Well, stay tuned to this thread and i will update people as soon as i hear anything else :D

M

Avatar image for lantern_of_hatred
    Lantern Of Hatred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Lantern Of Hatred

I see sinestro corps in the near future as well

Im excited :D

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Methos

I haven't heard anything about a Sinestro Corps animated series, the only ones that i know are being considered at the moment are...

Kingdom Come

Batman: Knightfall

Superman: Exile

Flash: origin story

Also i heard that Final Night was batted around but refused... never did find out why though...

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Methos

Ms. Invisible says:

"Rumour, heh? If it is really happening, then that would be cool.I also don't hope they don't have lighten it up either. It's one of DC's stories where it makes the reader really think which is what I like about it (apart from the art, that is). Though *Superman: Doomsday* was geared towards teenage audiences and it certainly wasn't a cartoon movie for little kids. They might make this one adults-only, though it seems pretty risky to do such a thing."

yeah... which is probably why DC are taking this one so slowly...

it's a massive thing to try and pull off and i don't think i've ever seen an animated movie that would actually rival this one for being so epic...

if they do pull it off it has a chance of being a masterpiece, or just being complete crap and being forgotten

M

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Rumour, heh? If it is really happening, then that would be cool.

I also don't hope they don't have lighten it up either. It's one of DC's stories where it makes the reader really think which is what I like about it (apart from the art, that is). Though Superman: Doomsday was geared towards teenage audiences and it certainly wasn't a cartoon movie for little kids. They might make this one adults-only, though it seems pretty risky to do such a thing.

Avatar image for lantern_of_hatred
    Lantern Of Hatred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lantern Of Hatred

Methos says:

"Ms. Invisible says:
    "Rumour, heh? If it is really happening, then that would be cool.I also don't hope they don't have lighten it up either. It's one of DC's stories where it makes the reader really think which is what I like about it (apart from the art, that is). Though *Superman: Doomsday* was geared towards teenage audiences and it certainly wasn't a cartoon movie for little kids. They might make this one adults-only, though it seems pretty risky to do such a thing."

yeah... which is probably why DC are taking this one so slowly...

it's a massive thing to try and pull off and i don't think i've ever seen an animated movie that would actually rival this one for being so epic...

if they do pull it off it has a chance of being a masterpiece, or just being complete crap and being forgotten

M"

Sadly that might be why they've rejected final night.. with all the.. genocide.. coughs

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Methos

Final Night wasn't that bad... my feeling is they rejected it because to make it believable they would have had to do so much backstory for it with Hal, Superman, Lex and The Legion, that the backstory would be more of a movie than the main event would be...

M

AllisaMilan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Young people need to constantly meet asserted people and live charmed. You can rapidly change into a real individual who will essentially bring unbelievable delight and give https://colombianwomen.net/ earth shattering adoration. On the dating site, you can talk about the interests and needs of youngsters. This is a shocking site that will give you striking worship.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.