Follow

Killer Croc

Character » Killer Croc appears in 1499 issues.

Waylon Jones was born with a genetic mutation giving him a reptile's skin, sharp claws, and teeth; due to genetic atavism. Croc became a circus wrestler who would rise to conquer the Gotham Mob racket only then to become one of Batman's most physically imposing rogues.

He should definetly be in the next Batman movie!!!!!!!!!!!!

whirlwind6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By whirlwind6

He's so freakin awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He dosen't have to be the main villian, he could just be the muscle!

Magnus/Murdock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Magnus/Murdock

NO

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By G'bandit

Remember that they are trying to keep Batman as real as possible.

Ra's al Ghoul: This character has mystisism, what can we do to make the effects more believable? Simple, its is the person expose to the inhaler that sees things weird, not that Ra's actually have magic abilities. Also he is an active ninja more than just a creapy old man. Sold!

Joker: What are the odds of a person been in a factory and falling into a tub of acid? Astronomical, so lets just say that the joker has scars on his face and paint. Since he is so fixated in smiling that gives the audience a logical reason why he paints his face as a clown. Sold!

But what excuse can they give the audience to turn a person into a croc and make it believable? What?

He was born with a deformity that confidently shifted his appearance to look like a Crocodile?

What are the audience going to think?

Audience: Was Waylon's mom sleeping with a crocodile or something? O_O?

That's what I would think.

So NO! Maybe in the old franchise but not this one. ,

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By johnny_spam

He has a real skin condition called Epidermolytic hyperkeratosis he is also like the elephant man in that David Lynch movie (which is based on a real guy named Joseph Merrick) also he was deplicted in The Joker graphic novel realistically. Besides The Dark Knight is still a superhero movie it's not the "realism" that sold the movie it was the fact that it was well written, acted and directed treating Batman with dignity and respect.

Avatar image for incredible_hulk_prime
    Incredible Hulk-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Killer Croc could be in the movie so how.

pentagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By pentagram
    @G'bandit said:
    " Remember that they are trying to keep Batman as real as possible.Ra's al Ghoul: This character has mystisism, what can we do to make the effects more believable? Simple, its is the person expose to the inhaler that sees things weird, not that Ra's actually have magic abilities. Also he is an active ninja more than just a creapy old man. Sold!Joker: What are the odds of a person been in a factory and falling into a tub of acid? Astronomical, so lets just say that the joker has scars on his face and paint. Since he is so fixated in smiling that gives the audience a logical reason why he paints his face as a clown. Sold!But what excuse can they give the audience to turn a person into a croc and make it believable? What?He was born with a deformity that confidently shifted his appearance to look like a Crocodile? What are the audience going to think? Audience: Was Waylon's mom sleeping with a crocodile or something? O_O? That's what I would think. So NO! Maybe in the old franchise but not this one. , "
    wasnt ra's al ghoul in batman begins along with scarecrow.
    waylon & black mask  should be in the next movie.
    G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By G'bandit
    @pentagram said:
    " @G'bandit said:
    " Remember that they are trying to keep Batman as real as possible.Ra's al Ghoul: This character has mystisism, what can we do to make the effects more believable? Simple, its is the person expose to the inhaler that sees things weird, not that Ra's actually have magic abilities. Also he is an active ninja more than just a creapy old man. Sold!Joker: What are the odds of a person been in a factory and falling into a tub of acid? Astronomical, so lets just say that the joker has scars on his face and paint. Since he is so fixated in smiling that gives the audience a logical reason why he paints his face as a clown. Sold!But what excuse can they give the audience to turn a person into a croc and make it believable? What?He was born with a deformity that confidently shifted his appearance to look like a Crocodile? What are the audience going to think? Audience: Was Waylon's mom sleeping with a crocodile or something? O_O? That's what I would think. So NO! Maybe in the old franchise but not this one. , "
    Yes they were, didn't you read my post before quoting it? O_O

That's what I said Ra's was in the movie but different from his original self from the comic he was changed;

From a dark mystic
    From a dark mystic

To a wise ninja master
    To a wise ninja master

BTW I agree with Black Mask but not with Croc face it would ruin the third film

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Caligula
    @G'bandit said:
    "@pentagram said:
    " @G'bandit said:
    Yes they were, didn't you read my post before quoting it? O_O

That's what I said Ra's was in the movie but different from his original self from the comic he was changed;

From a dark mystic
    From a dark mystic

To a wise ninja master
    To a wise ninja master
    BTW I agree with Black Mask but not with Croc face it would ruin the third film"

Dude, Croc can be done realisticaly ever heard of Freak Shows? or Peeling Skin? or Teeth Shapening? it would be easy to make Croc real.
    SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SUNMAN

no. Seriously, if croc is just a guy with bad skin and sharpened teeth couldn't some cop just shoot him with a gun. He is not going to have ridiculous superstrength or anything. And since he wont be superhuman there is no point to introducing his character.

Sharpened teeth- might as well be a knife

Croc also is not as intelligent/cunning as other Batman villains.

He would have no edge in this movie. There is no reason to include him
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Caligula
    @SUNMAN said:
    "no. Seriously, if croc is just a guy with bad skin and sharpened teeth couldn't some cop just shoot him with a gun. He is not going to have ridiculous superstrength or anything. And since he wont be superhuman there is no point to introducing his character.

"

that's a lie.

A. Why did the cops not just shoot Joker.
    B. He could still be really strong, but on a Human Level.
    C. and Croc isn't stupid, have you ever read a Batman Comic
    D. if anything, he could be a side villain, for say Harley Quinn, or Riddler being that those two are physically frail compared to Bruce, where as Bruce would have a hard time dealing with Waylon Hand to Hand.
    Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Andferne

I'd rather see Catwoman or Riddler before Croc.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SUNMAN
    @Caligula said:
    " @SUNMAN said:
    "no. Seriously, if croc is just a guy with bad skin and sharpened teeth couldn't some cop just shoot him with a gun. He is not going to have ridiculous superstrength or anything. And since he wont be superhuman there is no point to introducing his character.

"
    that's a lie.A. Why did the cops not just shoot Joker.B. He could still be really strong, but on a Human Level.C. and Croc isn't stupid, have you ever read a Batman ComicD. if anything, he could be a side villain, for say Harley Quinn, or Riddler being that those two are physically frail compared to Bruce, where as Bruce would have a hard time dealing with Waylon Hand to Hand. "
    A. It was a movie and he outsmarted them, and manipulated the corrupt cops
    B. Really strong on a human level means nothing. He does not know any martial arts or forms of h2h combats besides brawling Batman would tool him
    C. Compared to other Bats villains he is. At best he is average intelligence which does not say much
    D. This is your only point I semi agree with. I am against Harley Quin cause without the Joker she should not be in the movie. I like the idea of Riddler. 
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Caligula
    @SUNMAN said:
    "@Caligula said:
    " @SUNMAN said:

"
    that's a lie.A. Why did the cops not just shoot Joker.B. He could still be really strong, but on a Human Level.C. and Croc isn't stupid, have you ever read a Batman ComicD. if anything, he could be a side villain, for say Harley Quinn, or Riddler being that those two are physically frail compared to Bruce, where as Bruce would have a hard time dealing with Waylon Hand to Hand. "
    A. It was a movie and he outsmarted them, and manipulated the corrupt cops
    B. Really strong on a human level means nothing. He does not know any martial arts or forms of h2h combats besides brawling Batman would tool him
    C. Compared to other Bats villains he is. At best he is average intelligence which does not say much
    D. This is your only point I semi agree with. I am against Harley Quin cause without the Joker she should not be in the movie. I like the idea of Riddler. 
    "

Bruce may know Martial arts, but that doesn't mean Croc wouldn't know how to fight, imagine looking like him all your life you would have to learn how to fight, and If he picked up a 2x4 or a pipe, and clobbered Bruce, it would do quite a bit of Damage, if he could say lift 400 or 500 pounds, which is reasonable for most Weight Lifters. or if he Bit Bruce. and is Croc is of atleast average intelligence he is still smart enough not to get himself shot.

and Harley would make a great stand alone Villain, she doesn't need the Joker. She could be an insane fan, carrying on his demented legacy.

Riddler would also make a great Stand Alone

or Hugo Strange or Mad Hatter. they are all great Choices.

the only Villain i think Nolan should stay away from, is Penguin, i think that the Devito Penguin, was the best Penguin we could ask for and needs to be left alone.

Firefly would also make a great side-villain

I also wouldn't mind seeing Scarecrow return as a Main again.
    Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Andferne

Bane would be nice to see, but not in the next one. I'd like the breaking of the Bat. lol

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SUNMAN

okay agree to disagree cause I can just tell this is going to keep going back and forth

Avatar image for silver_knight75
    Silver Knight75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By Silver Knight75

I'd love to see that.

Omega-Mekix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Omega-Mekix

It is possible to make Killer Croc realistic but it would be even harder to make him amazing. I don't think that Nolan will go through all the hard work of making Croc better when he could pick someone like; Riddler, Ventriloquist, Harley Quinn, or Fire-Fly. 

Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Agent Buttons
    @Magnus/Murdock said:
    "NO "

lol wow
    TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TazzMission

give me harley quinn or the riddler. maybe hush
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @G'bandit said:
    uh you just explained how they took the joker and changed him to be realistic. hows that any different from what they could do with croc?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.