Six New 'Kick-Ass 2' Posters Reveal Characters

Avatar image for k4tzm4n
Posted by k4tzm4n (40151 posts) - - Show Bio

The events of Kick-Ass has inspired more people to step into tights. Kick-Ass 2 will be all about the people who follow Kick-Ass and Hit-Girl, while others will step into costumes in an attempt to destroy them. The new trailer gave us a good look at Kick-Ass (seriously, I think they gave Aaron Taylor-Johnson the super soldier serum), Hit-Girl and Colonel Stars and Stripes, but today the website Cine1 posted exclusive posters which reveal even more characters. Check 'em out below.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Kick-Ass 2 is directed by Jeff Wadlow and scheduled to hit theaters August 16th. In case you missed it or want to watch it again, click here to check out the red band trailer. Are you pumped for the sequel or will you skip it? Speak your mind below.

Source: Cine1

Moderator
Avatar image for sevangrim
#1 Posted by SevanGrim (2191 posts) - - Show Bio

So hyped.

Avatar image for godofmischief
#2 Posted by GodOfMischief (708 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's weird that Jim Carrey's character is called Colonel Stars and Stripes; I swear in the book Stripes is his brother? Thanks for posting these by the way.

Avatar image for duo_forbidden
#3 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

I still can't help to laugh at these names. Night-bi*ch and The Mother-f**ker? Lol.

Still, I can't wait to see this movie. I liked reading it so, I got high hopes for this movie.

Avatar image for k4tzm4n
#4 Posted by k4tzm4n (40151 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodOfMischief said:

I think it's weird that Jim Carrey's character is called Colonel Stars and Stripes; I swear in the book Stripes is his brother? Thanks for posting these by the way.

Yes, he's only "Colonel Stars" in the comic, but he's apparently being called "Colonel Stars and Stripes" in the film.

And you're welcome!

Moderator
Avatar image for mr__kamikaze
#5 Posted by Mr. Kamikaze (834 posts) - - Show Bio

Names bug me...could never get into Kick-Ass as it just came off as a 11 year old boy getting a kick out of cursing for the first time...

Maybe i'm just not getting the joke. =/

In any case, the first move underwhelmed, but I'l still give this one a shit....mostly cause I didn't even know they had casted anybody for anything, much less there are posters. So..i've been pretty out of the loop, it seems.

Avatar image for mr__messy_face
#6 Posted by Mr. Messy Face (128 posts) - - Show Bio

Mother Russia looks like Kurt Russel and the Mother F*cker looks like Johnny Depp for some reason.

Avatar image for liamb8
#7 Posted by LiamB8 (57 posts) - - Show Bio

The mother fucker.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#8 Posted by AllStarSuperman (38131 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes looks awespme ! Can't wait!

Online
Avatar image for trevel8182
#9 Posted by Trevel8182 (755 posts) - - Show Bio

Move aside NOVA(Rider), Night-Bitch is now my favorite hero!

Avatar image for mickoreo_lz
#10 Posted by mickoreo_LZ (252 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks great. Loved the first one and this one looks promising

Avatar image for dondave
#11 Posted by dondave (41503 posts) - - Show Bio

Cant wait for this movie

Avatar image for innervenom123
#12 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29887 posts) - - Show Bio

Are we allowed to say The Mother F**ker's name uncensored in thread posts?

I mean, it is his name.

And you clearly have it uncensored in the OP.

So...

Avatar image for k4tzm4n
#13 Edited by k4tzm4n (40151 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

Are we allowed to say The Mother F**ker's name uncensored in thread posts?

I mean, it is his name.

And you clearly have it uncensored in the OP.

So...

F**k no.

Honestly, I don't know.

Moderator
Avatar image for rumble_man
#14 Posted by Rumble Man (11197 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved the book, can't wait for the movie

the Mother Fucker costume looks neat

Avatar image for tdk_1997
#15 Posted by TDK_1997 (17572 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait for the movie.

Avatar image for mutant_god
#16 Posted by Mutant God (3953 posts) - - Show Bio

Mother Russia is a girl right?

Avatar image for casval
#17 Edited by Casval (28 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mutant God said:

Mother Russia is a girl right?

I thought it was Kurt Russell for a moment.

Avatar image for iaconpoint
#18 Posted by iaconpoint (1491 posts) - - Show Bio

Chloë Grace Moretz needs to hurry and turn 21 so that I may lust after her.

Avatar image for wmwadeii
#19 Posted by wmwadeii (3325 posts) - - Show Bio

thought they might have waited too long because the actors ages, but glad its coming

Avatar image for weaponxx
#20 Posted by weaponxx (1614 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr. Messy Face said:

Mother Russia looks like Kurt Russel and the Mother F*cker looks like Johnny Depp for some reason.

Exactly my thoughts! LOL

QFT

Avatar image for MadeinBangladesh
#21 Edited by MadeinBangladesh (12470 posts) - - Show Bio

Gonna be AWESOME!!!

HAHA Mother F*cker and NightB*tch and the best one is Black Death. He will probably die fisrt. haha.

Avatar image for dh69
#22 Posted by DH69 (4324 posts) - - Show Bio

skip it, millars only series i could never get into, mainly do to my extreme hatred of romita jr's art, and to me the first movie was terrible

Avatar image for larrydavis
#23 Posted by LarryDavis (143 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr. Kamikaze said:

Names bug me...could never get into Kick-Ass as it just came off as a 11 year old boy getting a kick out of cursing for the first time...

Maybe i'm just not getting the joke. =/

Hi welcome to Mark Millar comics.

Avatar image for jalvarez022
#24 Posted by jalvarez022 (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Is the font of kick ass and borderlands the same? Its bugging me a bit off of the similarity.

Avatar image for knightrise
#25 Posted by KnightRise (4811 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really excited where's not-so-Red Mist?

Avatar image for the_tree
#26 Posted by the_tree (8607 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

I'm really excited where's not-so-Red Mist?

He's the Mother F*cker.

Avatar image for the_average_bear
#27 Posted by The Average Bear (2259 posts) - - Show Bio

Dang Black Death looks cool. I'm so excited

Avatar image for knightrise
#28 Posted by KnightRise (4811 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

@KnightRise said:

I'm really excited where's not-so-Red Mist?

He's the Mother F*cker.

Is he really? That mouth doesn't look like Christopher Mintz-Platz to me.

Avatar image for the_tree
#29 Posted by the_tree (8607 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

@The_Tree said:

@KnightRise said:

I'm really excited where's not-so-Red Mist?

He's the Mother F*cker.

Is he really? That mouth doesn't look like Christopher Mintz-Platz to me.

Yeah, it might be the combination of age and facial hair.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
#30 Posted by StMichalofWilson (5541 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh Snap!

Avatar image for soa
#31 Posted by SoA (6245 posts) - - Show Bio

first film disappointed me , and i read both series , gonna skip this one

Avatar image for veshark
#32 Posted by Veshark (9458 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool enough. Still, my opinion of this movie remains the same as its predecessor - I'm sure it'll be fun to watch, but nothing's exactly motivating me to buy a ticket. It just looks like an enjoyable romp, nothing more.

Avatar image for fables87
#33 Posted by fables87 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait!

Avatar image for dementedtheclown
#34 Posted by dementedtheclown (911 posts) - - Show Bio

Sooooooooooooooo.......

Can someone clarify this for me?

Does "THE MOTHER FU<KER" fu<k "MOTHER RUSSIA"?

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
#35 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (5369 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Are we allowed to say The Mother F**ker's name uncensored in thread posts?

I mean, it is his name.

And you clearly have it uncensored in the OP.

So...

F**k no.

Honestly, I don't know.

It's the character's name, so yes. See Shithead.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#36 Posted by AllStarSuperman (38131 posts) - - Show Bio

@dementedtheclown said:

Sooooooooooooooo.......

Can someone clarify this for me?

Does "THE MOTHER FU<KER" fu<k "MOTHER RUSSIA"?

No that's gross

Online
Avatar image for dementedtheclown
#37 Posted by dementedtheclown (911 posts) - - Show Bio

@AllStarSuperman: But he's the MOTHER fu<ker...

Avatar image for bobsjonjon
#38 Posted by Bobsjonjon (251 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait!

Avatar image for k4tzm4n
#39 Posted by k4tzm4n (40151 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Are we allowed to say The Mother F**ker's name uncensored in thread posts?

I mean, it is his name.

And you clearly have it uncensored in the OP.

So...

F**k no.

Honestly, I don't know.

It's the character's name, so yes. See Shithead.

Yeah, well aware of that. His question was whether or not it's okay to post the name or if it needs to be censored since the site is clearly against cursing. That's why I said I don't know what the policy is on that. I don't think it has even been discussed.

Moderator
Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
#40 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6958 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry but Mother Russia looks more like Snake Plissken than anything else...just too scary, lol.

Avatar image for lordrequiem
#41 Posted by LordRequiem (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope this isn't taking itself too seriously, I have yet to see this trailer though. And why's it a surprise other characters are being revealed? It is about two opposing teams anyway.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
#42 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (5369 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@sesquipedalophobe said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Are we allowed to say The Mother F**ker's name uncensored in thread posts?

I mean, it is his name.

And you clearly have it uncensored in the OP.

So...

F**k no.

Honestly, I don't know.

It's the character's name, so yes. See Shithead.

Yeah, well aware of that. His question was whether or not it's okay to post the name or if it needs to be censored since the site is clearly against cursing. That's why I said I don't know what the policy is on that. I don't think it has even been discussed.

I suppose it would be one of those times where it's okay, just so long as it doesn't become ridiculous like my lame thread.

Avatar image for ferro_vida
#43 Posted by Ferro Vida (34318 posts) - - Show Bio

No Doctor Gravity? I'm disappointed.

Avatar image for nuec_sol
#44 Posted by Nuec_Sol (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@LiamB8 said:

The mother fucker.

Is that a Catwoman mask he's wearing.

Avatar image for nuec_sol
#45 Posted by Nuec_Sol (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr. Kamikaze: You are not the only one who is 'not getting the joke'.

Avatar image for hulkbuster94
#46 Posted by hulkbuster94 (923 posts) - - Show Bio

The Colonel is one bad mutha trucker

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.