Kenneth G. Murray aka K.G. Murray is most known for its extensive DC reprint comics. Murray published his first magazine, "The Quality Man" in 1836, forming a publishing empire that dominated the Australian industry for decades. K.G.'s first comics in 1946 were original Australian work, but soon reprint material from the U.S dominated. The organization was initially composed of a range of jointly owned companies such as Man Magazine Pty Ltd, Cavalcade Magazine Pty Ltd, and Australian House and Garden Magazine Pty Ltd. with comics primarily published by Colour Comics Pty Ltd. In 1951, all shares in the companies were acquired by Publishers Holdings Ltd, a name that never appears in the comics. On February 1, 1972, Kenneth Murray retired as Managing Director while remaining on the board until 1974. On June 30, 1973, Australian Consolidated Press Ltd completed an acquisition and took control of the company. ACP continued producing comics until 1982, initially as The K.G. Murray Publishing Company, later named as Murray Publishers Pty Ltd.