Follow

Kaguya Ōtsutsuki

Character » Kaguya Ōtsutsuki appears in 47 issues.

Kaguya Ōtsutsuki was a princess and Matriarch of the Ootsutsuki clan from the era long before the formation of the ninja clans, who ate the forbidden fruit from the Divine Tree and was the first person to use Chakra.

Kaguya Otsutsuki Misconception NOT Teleporting Others

Tobi-wan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Tobi-wan

Recently I have noticed that people seem to misunderstand how Kaguya's Amenominaka works. I was reading through a CAV with Kaguya vs some other characters and I noticed the debater said Kaguya can teleport others around to another dimension this is how he and others described Kaguya's Amenominaka

If people noticed Kakashi kept comparing her Amenominaka to Genjutsu and not Sasuke's teleportation power. Meaning it's not teleportation...Kakashi goes on to describe it as rewriting the world around her aka rewriting reality like Izanagi which is a genjutsu.

No Caption Provided

Kaguya made sure to be frozen in Ice so they wouldn't be able to move. She did not teleport them there she rewrote her surroundings.

DATABOOK IV

Notice how the range says "All" and the main text says she changes the world there's nothing about teleporting people to other dimensions. She's manipulating the world aka reality.

Amenominaka (Heavenly Governing Inside):

A technique used by Kaguya with her "Rinnesharingan". Changes the world around the user and the people around her into another dimension. The dimensions it can move to are ones of lava, ice, gravity, sand, and acid, and these five dimensions are directly linked to (whatever dimension Black Zetsu mentions back when Naruto is there with them. I can't remember or figure out how to translate it). Using it consumes a huge amount of Chakra, making it an eye technique only she can use.

Kanji: Heaven, Govern/Control, Inside

Classification: Ninjutsu/Kekkei Mōra

Class: Supplementary

Range: All Ranges

User(s): Kaguya Ōtsutsuki

How Kaguya transports people to other dimensions:

No Caption Provided

Like Sasuke's Portal

No Caption Provided

Notice how every time she used Amenominaka it was to get out of a dangerous situation kinda like how Danzo used Izanagi. Kaguya's Amenominaka is just a large scale Izanagi instead of manipulating reality to change to an alternate fate she is manipulating reality to change to an alternate dimension or alter the space-time continuum.

qdavis44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only anime/manga haters say that,she's just a low-mid level reality warper

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the theory. This should probably be in the general forum though.

Avatar image for deactivated-57c3cf21b495e
    deactivated-57c3cf21b495e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for vintage_spiderman
    vintage_spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By vintage_spiderman

@marczaddy said:

@tobi-wan: This is the wrong forum. @jashro44 could you move this, thanks.

This is interesting. I mean I myself contemplated it initially when Kakashi made the comparison with genjutsu, but considering all the other dimensional techniques I thought it made more sense if she were simply dragging them all to a different location altogether not manipulating the location on a planetary/dimensional scale to the point where they are not being teleported, but possibly being written into a different dimensional plane overlaying the first one or created into existence by the third eye's jutsu via the world the around them changing instantaneously....confused yet? Wait this would make her technique more akin to izanagi than kamui then? This is a groundbreaking theory if it's actually supported by manga as well as the databook, and the rest of Kishi's work.

Kaguya is truly a goddess then I guess gg hahahaha.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

... huh

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@tobi-wan: She clearly had different dimensions already created and clearly teleported the team to those dimensions. If that's not "teleporting" I don't know what is.

Avatar image for deactivated-57c3cf21b495e
    deactivated-57c3cf21b495e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vintage_spiderman said:

@marczaddy said:

This is interesting. I mean I myself contemplated it initially when Kakashi made the comparison with genjutsu, but considering all the other dimensional techniques I thought it made more sense if she were simply dragging them all to a different location altogether not manipulating the location on a planetary/dimensional scale to the point where they are not being teleported, but possibly being written into a different dimensional plane overlaying the first one or created into existence by the third eye's jutsu via the world the around them changing instantaneously....confused yet? Wait this would make her technique more akin to izanagi than kamui then? This is a groundbreaking theory if it's actually supported by manga as well as the databook, and the rest of Kishi's work.

It's an interesting theory, true. But, we know it's not correct. She and a few others are moved to another planet, not the other way around. As the Hokage could no longer sense them, and weren't moved with them.

Kakashi's specualtion isn't canon, and even contradicted in the same chapter. She opens a portal to move Sasuke to another dimension, and Obito, when searching for him sees all of her dimensions, including ones we've seen. Meaning, she must be teleporting them, not the other way around.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
    deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool theory

Clorox92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Clorox92

@thevivas said:

@tobi-wan: She clearly had different dimensions already created and clearly teleported the team to those dimensions. If that's not "teleporting" I don't know what is.

Agreed. In my opinion, Kaguya didn't create the dimensions but just teleported them there. The dimension itself has already been there. It makes sense since even she herself get affected in that gravity dimension. It's weird right for someone who can create dimension. Not to mention, if I was her, I just need to teleport them into on of the the dimensions and just destroy the whole dimension without even need to directly attacking them

vintage_spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vintage_spiderman said:

@marczaddy said:

It's an interesting theory, true. But, we know it's not correct. She and a few others are moved to another planet, not the other way around. As the Hokage could no longer sense them, and weren't moved with them.

Kakashi's specualtion isn't canon, and even contradicted in the same chapter. She opens a portal to move Sasuke to another dimension, and Obito, when searching for him sees all of her dimensions, including ones we've seen. Meaning, she must be teleporting them, not the other way around.

You are right I don't know what I was thinking. Lol this headache is killing me!

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clorox92: She never wanted to kill them in the first place, just take back the chakra they "stole" from her and was originally hers. Only after Naruto was seen as a threat and from prompting from Black Zetsu did she choose to kill them.

Why she didn't just close the dimensions with the in it is beyond me, though, but seeing how Kishi handled those last fights (Naruto and Sasuke vs Kaguya/Naruto vs Sasuke), PIS or CIS isn't out of the question.

Tobi-wan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Tobi-wan

@marczaddy: @thevivas: @clorox92: If you clearly read the databook description it said she changes the world around her and people by her into another dimension.

And whoever said "planet" is the one incorrect. It is another space-time.

Why would it take so much chakra for her to take people to another dimension when other characters use teleportation casually?

Also what would be the point of her having two teleportation moves?

Kakashi actually compared it to genjutsu twice and even said she summons another dimension not the other way. She doesn't summon them to another dimension.

I'm on my phone so I cannot post scans of this at the moment. It just bothers me when people are incorrect or have a misconception that influence their perception.

vintage_spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas said:

@clorox92: She never wanted to kill them in the first place, just take back the chakra they "stole" from her and was originally hers. Only after Naruto was seen as a threat and from prompting from Black Zetsu did she choose to kill them.

Why she didn't just close the dimensions with the in it is beyond me, though, but seeing how Kishi handled those last fights (Naruto and Sasuke vs Kaguya/Naruto vs Sasuke), PIS or CIS isn't out of the question.

Eh Kaguya didn't have enough combat showings for us to be able to determine whether or not it was....honestly I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that was her character....and she's just not very smart. I mean was black zetsu not coaching her along every step of the way canonically. I honestly think we should just stop writing off every illogical action as CIS/PIS some characters just are who they are....lol. Now the Sasuke and Naruto stuff that's very debatable as it pertains to whether or not it was heavily effected by the CIS/PIS plague.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobi-wan:

If you clearly read the databook description it said she changes the world around her and people by her into another dimension.

It's a paragraph. Of course I read it clearly.

Doesn't change the fact that she teleports. Teleporting the dimension to them is still teleporting because they're leaving the regular Earth and heading into another dimension. Why do you think Hagoromo had to summon them back to Earth after they sealed Kaguya?

Why would it take so much chakra for her to take people to another dimension when other characters use teleportation casually?

Both Obito and Sasuke, after linking their teleportation techniques to her dimensions, were considerably drained of chakra afterwards. Not sure what you're trying to prove with that question.

One to capture multiple people, the other to capture single targets?

Kakashi actually compared it to genjutsu twice and even said she summons another dimension not the other way. She doesn't summon them to another dimension.

Summoning a dimension to them = teleporting them to that dimension.

It just bothers me when people are incorrect or have a misconception that influence their perception.

Right..

Clorox92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Clorox92

@tobi-wan said:

@marczaddy: @thevivas: @clorox92: If you clearly read the databook description it said she changes the world around her and people by her into another dimension.

And whoever said "planet" is the one incorrect. It is another space-time.

> First of all, the dimensions maybe too far away from earth and it needs a lot of chakra to teleport there. And I think the dimension is a planet undoubtedly. We also know that Kaguya didn't come from earth. So it can be said that there's another planet other than earth itself.

> Because he thought it was an illusion because nobody in Naruto ever teleported people into another dimension (except for Obito but that's only space-time). According to your logic, if Kaguya summons those dimensions, all Hokages should be in her dimensions too right since she brings the dimensions to them. But what we can see here is all Hokages remained at the battlefield on earth whereas Naruto, Sasuke and the rest already moved somewhere else which confirmed she teleported them there.

I'm on my phone so I cannot post scans of this at the moment. It just bothers me when people are incorrect or have a misconception that influence their perception.

Tobi-wan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Tobi-wan

@thevivas: Doesn't change the fact that she teleports. Teleporting the dimension to them is still teleporting because they're leaving the regular Earth and heading into another dimension. Why do you think Hagoromo had to summon them back to Earth after they sealed Kaguya?

Except she is not teleporting but warping reality. She is transforming the world around her to gain the advantage. It's not teleportation.

Both Obito and Sasuke, after linking their teleportation techniques to her dimensions, were considerably drained of chakra afterwards. Not sure what you're trying to prove with that question.

Kaguya already has a teleportation technique that allows here to link herself to her dimensions. Obito was referring to how she can do with her Yomotsu Hirasaka technique.

One to capture multiple people, the other to capture single targets?

There's a creature that can teleport multiple targets and its fodder.

No Caption Provided

Summoning a dimension to them = teleporting them to that dimension.

A reality warper can create a house from imagination but that's not the same as a human building a house. Another example, a character can negate an attack by reversing time or changing the future but that's not the same as negating the attack by manipulating causality. Two completely different methods in functionality but similar end result.

@clorox92 said:
    @tobi-wan said:

@marczaddy: @thevivas: @clorox92:

> First of all, the dimensions maybe too far away from earth and it needs a lot of chakra to teleport there. And I think the dimension is a planet undoubtedly. We also know that Kaguya didn't come from earth. So it can be said that there's another planet other than earth itself.

> Because he thought it was an illusion because nobody in Naruto ever teleported people into another dimension (except for Obito but that's only space-time). According to your logic, if Kaguya summons those dimensions, all Hokages should be in her dimensions too right since she brings the dimensions to them. But what we can see here is all Hokages remained at the battlefield on earth whereas Naruto, Sasuke and the rest already moved somewhere else which confirmed she teleported them there.

However no where in the manga does it ever mention that Kaguya is teleporting them there. Yeah I can agree with you about the rest.

Again it does not mention anything about her teleporting them there. Genjutsu is close to reality warping, it's not because nobody ever teleported people into another dimension because we know Kakashi has been teleported to another dimension before and others have too.

It's not my logic, according to the manga and more specifically to Black Zetsu she transforms the world's dimensions.

jadenlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dood she teleports them it was heavily implied.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A technique used by Kaguya with her

"Rinnesharingan". Changes the world

around the user and the people around

her into another dimension. The

dimensions it can move to are ones of

lava, ice, gravity, sand, and acid.

change into another dimension

move to other dimensions

sounds pretty much like teleportation

Tobi-wan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Tobi-wan

@del_torro: @jadenlol: Implications = Assumtpions by you

The Almighty sounds like probability manipulation but in actuality it is future manipulation. There's a difference. If a Character changes timelines his power is not teleportation it is manipulating timelines. The same can be applied to Kaguya's ability.

The point is she is not teleporting them...her RinneSharingan is not manipulating them instead it manipulates the world's dimensions. It is dimension manipulation not teleportation since she is changing dimensions.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobi-wan:

Except she is not teleporting but warping reality. She is transforming the world around her to gain the advantage. It's not teleportation.

Except she's not transforming Earth because Earth is still there, perfectly fine afterwards. If she was reality warping to the extent you're trying to claim she is, the Earth itself would be changed into the different dimensions. It's not.

She brings the dimensions to them. That's still teleporting, otherwise why would Hagaromo need to "teleport" them back to Earth at all?

Kaguya already has a teleportation technique that allows here to link herself to her dimensions. Obito was referring to how she can do with her Yomotsu Hirasaka technique.

Which still does absolutely nothing to suggest that she's warping reality of the Earth. "Teleporting" them takes a lot of chakra because it takes a lot of chakra.

There's a creature that can teleport multiple targets and its fodder.

And?

A reality warper can create a house from imagination but that's not the same as a human building a house. Another example, a character can negate an attack by reversing time or changing the future but that's not the same as negating the attack by manipulating causality. Two completely different methods in functionality but similar end result.

All these examples *clearly* miss the point. You're basically saying "Paying with card instead of cash isn't the same thing as paying your bill". They end up in another dimension, which means they had to have been "teleported" to that dimension. Warping reality to bring them to that dimension is the same thing.

She's clearly not warping the earth because it stays the exact same and doesn't have any changes in it whatsoever. It doesn't matter if she brings the dimension to them because they still leave the Earth.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tobi-wan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for purple_d_dragon
    Purple_D_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobi-wan said:

@thevivas: Dude just stfu

No need to be rude, and you are starting to sound like the guy who used the databook to say Naruto characters were lightspeed, even the Samurais.

Avatar image for purple_d_dragon
    Purple_D_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobi-wan said:

@thevivas: Dude just stfu

No need to be rude, and you are starting to sound like the guy who used the databook to say Naruto characters were lightspeed, even the Samurais.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobi-wan: Wow nice attitude. Have your theories challenged and tell the other person to "stfu".

Good job.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.