Justice League of what?

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
    knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

So the New 52 changed a lot of stuff when it was first activated. A lot of things have been noticed, some haven't, what I'm trying to see is if anyone has ever thought about this-

The New 52's Justice League is just that, the Justice League. There is a Justice League of America, that's for sure, but the team consisting of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg and Green Lantern is just called the Justice League, so why is it that their team is still under the Justice League of America page and not the Justice League page (if there is one of course).

Tell me what you guys think and in no way am I trying to be a know it all, it's just food for thought.

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Icon

I have noticed that and thought the same thing. The article about the main team should have the teams name, namely 'Justice League', and the JLA title should be for the page about that specific team.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By PowerHerc

It should have it's own page, I suppose, but it should still be called the Justice League of America.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By colonyofcells

The Justice League of Superheroing Pants Minus One ?

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By KnightRise

Its pretty much the New 52 adaption of the pre-N52 Justice League (of America). Superman doesn't have a different page for Pre-Crisis, Byrne era onward, and New 52. New 52 Justice League of America is a different team with the same name

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

#5  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@PowerHerc said:

It should have it's own page, I suppose, but it should still be called the Justice League of America.

Why? They aren't even based in America anymore. They operate in space, they work with the United Nations. They work for Justice and simply that,not any country.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

#6  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@KnightRise said:

Its pretty much the New 52 adaption of the pre-N52 Justice League (of America). Superman doesn't have a different page for Pre-Crisis, Byrne era onward, and New 52. New 52 Justice League of America is a different team with the same name

i still say we should just merge all the pages under the title of Justice League with sections for each incarnation.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Press Oblivion

I like it this way with Justice League having it's own page.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By fodigg

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@KnightRise said:

i still say we should just merge all the pages under the title of Justice League with sections for each incarnation.

Agreed.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Press Oblivion

Is there another forum like that here?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.