Justice League #50

• 53 results
    Shadowstare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Last thing, Why did Lex put Superman's shield on his chest at the end again? Is that something to be explained later? Because I have no idea why he did it.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was bad, just bad:

The entire CSA was completely wasted. I think you have to look at their participation starting from Trinity War

Grail's plan makes no sense. Her plan was to have total control of a suped up Darkseid that was pretty much unstoppable by anyone except for her (I was confused by "The Chosen One" plan though. Chosen for what? To control the Anti-Life equation?)

Darkseid's entire purpose in this story was to become Grail's slave. His purpose was to find and stop his daughter and obtain the Anti-Life equation

The reveal with the Joker was astronomically stupid, issues deserves 0 for that alone, now it's just moving in to negative scores imo. I like the idea if done right. I do think they could screw the character up royally if done wrong but i think there is good material potential there

What was the point again? as usual only Lex Luthor gained something from this arc, Johns wankery strikes again. Superman, Barry, Hal, Cyborg and Billy were just there.

Johns Anti-life is just stupid. What about it is stupid?

No scratch that, Johns is stupid.

@wowlock said:

I still don't know what the hell Grail's plan was.. Was she just crazy ? And now she is out there hiding with a baby Darkseid ? ...Bah.

Also, I really don't think Anti-life equation should work like that O.o

Her plan seemed to be having a suped up Darkseid as a weapon (with the power of the omega effect, Apokolips lava pits, and the god of gods then add on the power of the Anti-Life Equation) under her control. The only thing that confused me was the "The chosen one is the first male to lay foot on Themysciera" What is he the chosen one of? You mean it shouldnt work as a power to be obtained? Thats basically what its always been. Its explained the baby can take it since he is the offspring of Mazahs who can absorb all kinds of energies. I am still a little confused on how the baby became Darkseid though. Also i hope (dont think it will) they dont make a story arc similar to the current Apocalypse character as a child being brought up who has a choice to be good or bad

Wait? Did Grail became New Anti-Monitor and what happened to Mobius?

She had the Anti-Life Equation and then put it in Steve Trevor who used it to kill the Anti-Monitor and then it was placed in the baby which then had it separated from him and i believe someone said it was dispursed

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Gracetrack

It was an enjoyable story arc overall, even if the ending stumbled quite a bit. Grail's endgame was too incoherent, with Johns trying to "change hands" too many times between too many final villains and Grail's change of heart happening much too suddenly (even if it we are to believe it was primarily due to the magic lasso).

I'm excited to see a new writing team take the helm of Justice League going forward.

(lol at what happened to Owlman.)

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By mysoulz

It's a good story arc, but changing multiple concepts that were defined by previous writers throughout history is unnecessary. And I just couldn't get into Grail's character. She just comes off as another bland mindless villain. Mr. Miracle is one of the most stood out characters in this story arc for me.

@degraaf: If you read the JL Darkseid War Special, Grail studied other secrets in the ways to use the anti-life equation. Grail has the ability to resurrect and formed a recipe to reincarnate Darkseid from the newborn such as absorbing the powers of the JL heroes that became gods (one of them being Luthor was able to possess the Omega Effect) and fusing the anti-life equation.

mantequilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 193

Too many loose ends and questionable plot points to be a 5 star, but damn despite those flaws it was a great issue

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.