User Lists: 0

This was awesome!

irishking44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

The only thing I didn't like was how Luthor's Kryptonite powered super armor was pierced by a normal pistol

Koop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was nothing short of amazing. What a great start! Nothing negative to say about this issue besides my boy Aquaman not being there lol. Fantastic issue nonetheless. Bring on issue #42!

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know what I hate ? Over-hyped and over-powered characters that take out something like Justice League with feats not even the MAIN VILLAIN supposedly done to them before. Darkseid couldn't break Diana's bracers...so how come this 'Grail' can ? If anything she is only HALF-god and half amazon. They better do Darkseid justice because I am sick of characters like Grail appear out of nowhere, steal the spotlight with feats of shock value. They could've take it easy and slow but noo , instant show up , instant beat Justice League like that. There goes my suspension of disbelief that Justice League can take on Darksied or Anti-Monitor. I think of the stories for the long run and if you pull something like this in the first issue of a big arc like this ...the rest will not be able to follow it other than it will be more like ''lets lick our wounds '' issues...which was not fun for Earth-2 titles , it won't be fun now.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Epic issue! Grail is fearsome and I like how Johns is giving characters like Wonder Woman and Mr. Miracle some attention. Plus Captain Cold is hilarious! Can't wait for next issue!

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

You guys are making my jiggly bits tingle with all this hype. Cannot wait to read it

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@theocitylegend:

The only thing I didn't like was how Luthor's Kryptonite powered super armor was pierced by a normal pistol

I actually don't think it was a normal pistol. I just took another look at the page and it seems like they were lasers. I know that could just be how Fabok draws bullets, but if Lena has access to a Mother Box, who's to say she doesn't have access to other Apokoliptan tech, like say an "Omega-pistol."

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wowlock: That can easily be explained away by saying something along the lines of "Darkseid didn't unleash the full power of his Omega beams on Wonder Woman because he underestimated them."

JTMac005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrblonde: yes I HATED that ad. Took up 2 half pages and completely threw the pacing of the issue off IMO. Can't beleive nobody talked about it until you did lol

Other than that, and the slightly hectic jumping around and introducing several new characters, I thought it was a great first chapter to the new arc

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
    HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm I call Ultraman escaping or some how escaping his prison and using the Kryptonite from Lex Luther's suit to power himself up. Whether he'll help the Justice League or something else, that can be interesting.

MaxSavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wowlock said:

You know what I hate ? Over-hyped and over-powered characters that take out something like Justice League with feats not even the MAIN VILLAIN supposedly done to them before. Darkseid couldn't break Diana's bracers...so how come this 'Grail' can ? If anything she is only HALF-god and half amazon. They better do Darkseid justice because I am sick of characters like Grail appear out of nowhere, steal the spotlight with feats of shock value. They could've take it easy and slow but noo , instant show up , instant beat Justice League like that. There goes my suspension of disbelief that Justice League can take on Darksied or Anti-Monitor. I think of the stories for the long run and if you pull something like this in the first issue of a big arc like this ...the rest will not be able to follow it other than it will be more like ''lets lick our wounds '' issues...which was not fun for Earth-2 titles , it won't be fun now.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#62 frozen  Moderator

@wowlock said:

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#63 frozen  Moderator

@lvenger said:

So, from the sounds of it, if Grail is soloing the Justice League in this issue, how are they going to deal with Darkseid and The Anti Monitor going a few rounds if they can't even handle one slightly amped up Amazon?

I have no idea, I'd have thought Darkseid SHOULD be more powerful than Grail; at-least it seems to be hyped up that way

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Superguy1591

@irishking44: It was suggested that Luthor had multiple suits, and the one he had on was not the most powerful. The suit he got shot in could've been just a Luthor hazmat suit that wasn't built for combat.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: He still is--I just assume that Grail isn't affected by Disna's Magic because she's half-Amazon.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:
    @lvenger said:

So, from the sounds of it, if Grail is soloing the Justice League in this issue, how are they going to deal with Darkseid and The Anti Monitor going a few rounds if they can't even handle one slightly amped up Amazon?

I have no idea, I'd have thought Darkseid SHOULD be more powerful than Grail; at-least it seems to be hyped up that way

Her taking down the League is a good thing. It just shows out of their level Darkseid is. And for all we know she's been amped by Anti-Monitor.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: He still is--I just assume that Grail isn't affected by Disna's Magic because she's half-Amazon.

Donna Troy is an Amazon and Diana used it on her just fine.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

SCOTT FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@zeeguy91 said:

@wowlock: That can easily be explained away by saying something along the lines of "Darkseid didn't unleash the full power of his Omega beams on Wonder Woman because he underestimated them."

No sir. Darksied does not underestimate and even if he did he wouldn't have lost the way he did in the first chapter of the story

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

The answer about the bracelets more than likely lies in that they aren't the same ones that Diana used against Darkseid.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@dondave: True, Darkseid should be out of the League's ability to fight on their own (one of the few improvements on Darkseid in the New 52) but that just means it's going to be a plot device which the League will be trying to find in order to stop Darkseid and Anti Monitor from fighting. And plot devices in comics can be made incredibly convenient in ending the story. Also, Grail's the daughter of Darkseid, why does she need to be amped?

@jayc1324 said:

@lvenger: The entire league wasn't there. One member was missing.

Have you read the issue yet? It's just that you said earlier that like me, you haven't read the issue so do you know which member was absent? I can guess who it was though.

@lvenger: slightly amped up? She's Darksieds daughter not to mention she has some form of omega beams.

Because despite my excitement for the story, I'm not exactly fond of the first antagonist the League faces in this storyline being able to walk all over them in a fight. The JL are supposed to be engaging Darkseid and Anti Monitor both at the same time, it's hard for the reader to believe they can manage it when Grail was beating up most of them herself.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Yeah I read it after I posted that. Superman

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Thought so, thanks for confirming my suspicions.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@dondave: True, Darkseid should be out of the League's ability to fight on their own (one of the few improvements on Darkseid in the New 52) but that just means it's going to be a plot device which the League will be trying to find in order to stop Darkseid and Anti Monitor from fighting. And plot devices in comics can be made incredibly convenient in ending the story. Also, Grail's the daughter of Darkseid, why does she need to be amped?

Kalibak is also a child of Darkseid but that doesn't mean he isn't in need of an amp. Even Darkseid himself has been looking for a way to increase his power.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Yeah well Kalibak is a bit of a chump in the stories he shows up in, he's always been written needing an amp to fight Orion. Still, I'll wait to read the issue for myself before commenting further on the matter, these comments have too many spoilers.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Donna Troy isn't really an Amazon in this universe though, right? She's clay. I dunno, we're just going to have to wait and see.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:
    @jayc1324 said:

@lvenger: Yeah I read it after I posted that. Superman

And Aquaman.

And Lex and Captain Cold. =)

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't fall for this grail chick beating Diana.the god of war. An Olympian. Daughter of Zeus and Hippolyta.Grail is daughter of Darkseid and some unknown insignificant amazon.

Like huh?

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herrweis: Insignificant amazon? Grail is the daughter of the best assassin out of the Amazons.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@koop: Well we do not know if it is normal.After all she is working for Darkseid. Plus she has her own motherbox so I doubt it is normal at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Grail would have stomped him too, but I don't even remember seeing him in the issue so I forgot about him.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wowlock: what overpowered feats? Not only did she catch them by surprise but she also said that she had been studying them for some time. If I remember correctly Darseid shot a beam at her but it wasn't consistent. Grail fired a constant beam at WW.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@herrweis said:

I don't fall for this grail chick beating Diana.the god of war. An Olympian. Daughter of Zeus and Hippolyta.Grail is daughter of Darkseid and some unknown insignificant amazon.

Like huh?

Her mother was the best Amazon assassin.And Darkseid is stronger than anyone you mentioned and she works for the Anti-Monitor. Plus she caught them by surprise and half the league was missing. Diana wasn't beaten btw. Her bracelets just broke.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: when did Diana even use magic on her? All I saw was her bracelets got broken and Diana attempted to get the lasso around her but Grail brok out of it (something I've seen other characters do before).

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justice_teen: all great villains have been guilty to some extent of underestimating the hero of the story. It doesn't take away from the villain as long as it's done well and not an obvious dues ex machina device.

emad_ishtiaque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By emad_ishtiaque

Why the hell is no one concerned that she simply killed Shazam!?!?!

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VickBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Poor Lex Luthor, try to do good has already taken him to three attempts to kill him:

• two mercenaries(paid by his sister, revealing it in chapter)
    • the Kryptonian bullet(by Xa-du)
    • Lena Luthor(2nd time)

as both hated his sister? the problem of his illness? Lexcorp did something she could not stand? She said all hate Lex . will have to wait..

with that super gun that could pierce armor so hard superman was of the few on the ground with possibility...

With the technology of Apokolips I think even see out of the wheelchair even with powers... you remember what he did to Helena Wayne Apokolips? They transformed it into a freak and fought power girl..

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emad_ishtiaque said:

Why the hell is no one concerned that she simply killed Shazam!?!?!

I doubt anyone is going to miss that version of the character

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Dat Fabok art.

NELLOGISTICS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By NELLOGISTICS

I haven't kept much attention on The New 52 . . there were a couple titles I adored, but I always seen it as a wasted gimmick. The DCYOU is my gateway back into this realm, and that said, this issue was nothing short of a compelling mystery with great action, lovely art and cinematic panels.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DARKSEID war #41 got 10/10.

Avatar image for thekingofthehill
    TheKingoftheHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For anyone who is hesitant, this was a great issue and a great start to the new arc.

Avatar image for thekingofthehill
    TheKingoftheHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: so this version of Darkseid is more powerful than Zeus?not on par with but more than? And this other amazon I doubt has more MOJO than hippolyta.it just seems unlikely that she is more powerful than Orion who is the son of 2 new gods

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@herrweis said:

@squalleon: so this version of Darkseid is more powerful than Zeus?not on par with but more than? And this other amazon I doubt has more MOJO than hippolyta.it just seems unlikely that she is more powerful than Orion who is the son of 2 new gods

Darkseid was on par with JL and he was beaten by BFR. He annihilated the Justice Society and has destroyed a plethora of worlds. New 52 Zeus is featless. And Diana one of the most powerful gods was easily beaten by Darkseid.

Grail has the Omega Sanction that puts her above Orion.

moi245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

great issue :D

JV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

A bit late in reading this, but this was great. Loved the complexity of the plot.. I enjoy a more complex drawn out arc. So many things going on, but it tied in so nice. Not sure how long this arc is going for, but I hope it carries through the Summer. Awesome art. I also liked how it tied in Forever Evil and who destroyed their planet.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.