Justice League #23

• 87 results
    JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

@nico4ever: I can see what you're saying now. I mean, I'm still fine with what happened but I can perfectly see where you're coming from and I honestly simpathize with you. I do agree that she's worth much more as a character as a her you can read about every month rather than a villain that pops out once in a while.

but I was so pissed that they killed alternative Aquaman...

I know what you're saying, that moment felt so random. Also, kind of a waste because he looked pretty cool.

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

At first I was a bit let down due to the fact its Earth 3 and The Crime Syndicate .

But What happened to Cyborg one word Ouch.

ILLO_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By ILLO_29

@batmannflash

@noteworthington I hope the find a way to bring back alternate Aqua Man that design was too good to was on a couple of panels.

This was a great story, granted it did drag a bit in the middle but this more then made up for it, so many twist and turns and it actually makes me excited for "Forever Evil".

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of my favorite issues ever. This book was amazing. It was full of jaw dropping moments. The cyborg scene was awsome ! I cant wait for forever evil.

So true. The Cyborg scene was incredible. I actually thought that it was going to be Brainiac for a moment there. My mind would have been absolutely blown if that had been the case. Still an awesome reveal though.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
    TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@illo_29 said:

@batmannflash

@noteworthington I hope the find a way to bring back alternate Aqua Man that design was too good to was on a couple of panels.

This was a great story, granted it did drag a bit in the middle but this more then made up for it, so many twist and turns and it actually makes me excited for "Forever Evil".

Was he killed by Ultraman?

I wonder what is going to happen next, What does the Crime Syndicate do to get rid of the heroes? That is the next question as well as why does SHAZAM look like Black Adam?

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

It's a really despicable marketing tactic to leave one event on a cliffhanger to the next event without any closure. But other than that and the fact that almost everything in this entire issue was spoiled by DC months ago, I thought this issue was a nice return to form for the story that started out so strong in the first three acts, and fell apart so terribly for the last two. Even though I was rarely surprised, the way Johns wrote the issue really sold the events much more convincingly than I would have expected.

Not going to get Forever Evil though. And I'm not going to continue on with Justice League.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Phew....now THIS was a finale....

syoungkeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By syoungkeezy

cant wait to see what the CS is capable of

No Caption Provided

EscGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By EscGamer

@anandak47:Technically he's Thomas Wayne Jr. before the reboot he was named after his father and if that remained the same which seems to be the case then he is the Evil version of Bruce Wayne but named differently

I love how this event went 5/5 for me. I loved Atom/Atomica so I was a little disappointed to see that she was a triple agent but then I got to thinking, what happened on Earth-3 to begin with that made them invade. Seeing as how we got an Earth-2 series why not an Earth-3. I think it would be cool to have a monthly issues telling us of the Syndicate rise to power and possible fall and desire to invade. The kick here is it will all be told from the Syndicates side. We'll follow them through out the issues instead of how we usually follow the Heroes. plus I want more Atom, good or bad she was awesome, if this was a movie and she was an actress I'd give her an Academy Award for best supporting.

syoungkeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@escgamer: exactly what you said, is there a way to inform the writers of this kind of idea i would want to see how the CS came to be and what their individual goals are.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#62  Edited By Jenkale

all the reveals were shocking to me. OMG to cyborg, atomica, and evil alfraid. and oh so sad, not even evil aquaman can get respect, he shows up only to drop dead on the spot, sigh. so many questions. who created the pandora boxes? what other boxes exist other than pandora and mother boxes? great art to complement the story. i really liked atomica so sad that she was a triple agent but she is pretty badass for a villainess. want to see more of her

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

This was a great issue. So much going on.

I just reread Justice League 20 and she doesn't actually say that in her inner monologue, she says she has secrets and she's keeping small so that the two telepaths, Martian Manhunter and Desparo, don't read her mind. It's out loud to Waller and Trevor that she goes on about being troubled by spying on the League, which they would expect from someone who is supposed to be a hero.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was a great issue. Glad to see this was series was more than Superheroes fighting each other for whose the top team.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Forever mediocre that's what this was,it's amazing how art can save even lackluster stories. Everything that happened in this issue made the Trinity of Sin,Pandora,the curse and the council of Wizards completely irrelevant,and not just irrelevant now but irrelevant from the start,congrats Johns now no one has any reason to read Phantom Stranger and Pandora cause it's science not magic GET IT.

Friskynesss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

@noteworthington: my thoughts exactly! It was so awesome when he came out first. I though Geoff was making him cool again D:

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

Very enjoyable issue.

Now, going to re-read the entire arc...instead of waiting like two weeks between issues...

asjmooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved it. A great conclusion (kind of) to an epic story. Got a shock by the cyborg reveal . I wish they had explained how The Outsider is immune to telepathy. That bugged me.

Shadowmyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Shadowmyst

@brentac: Think of it this way: Trinity War is like the Book 1 of Harry Potter. It has a conclusion but the story continued to Book 2 until 7 AND comic book stories do that all the time.

SlamAdams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 58

@illo_29 said:

@batmannflash

Was he killed by Ultraman?

I wonder what is going to happen next, What does the Crime Syndicate do to get rid of the heroes? That is the next question as well as why does SHAZAM look like Black Adam?

Seemed like Aquaman-3 died because crossing the threshold was dangerous or something.

Shazam looks like Black Adam because he touched Pandora's box. When he touched it there was a big energy surge and he ended up in a black costume

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Most development for Cyborg since the first couple of issues of his debut with the Justice League.

QuantumVertex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By QuantumVertex

Outside Court Of Owls in Batman... This Feels Like Dc's First Real Big Event! I Cant Stress How Impressed I Am. The Reveal At The End Of This Book Is Simply Mouth Watering

bennyq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Such a great issue. My only problems were, and someone may be able to explain this;

SPOILERS BELOW! Writing this on my phone so there's no black boxes.

How did Wonder Woman know they were from Earth 3? They could've been clones or robots or anything. And unless I'm mistaken, the leagues aren't aware of any other Earths yet?

And if Pandora 's box is science, why did ask the magic users get affected when Shazam picked it up?

Not a problem, just a question, Are the seven deadly sins from Earth 3 then?

Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This issue was incredibly amazing. This is setting things up for an EPIC September/October.

@bennyq said:

Such a great issue. My only problems were, and someone may be able to explain this;

SPOILERS BELOW! Writing this on my phone so there's no black boxes.

How did Wonder Woman know they were from Earth 3? They could've been clones or robots or anything. And unless I'm mistaken, the leagues aren't aware of any other Earths yet?

And if Pandora 's box is science, why did ask the magic users get affected when Shazam picked it up?

Not a problem, just a question, Are the seven deadly sins from Earth 3 then?

That was Xanadu, not Wonder Woman.

I believe the Seven Deadly Sins are from Earth 3, as The Outsider said it was the "birthplace of evil."

As far as science/magic - good question, I don't have an answer...although by the end it was everyone being affected by the box, not just the magic users.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

TitanTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ares94: I would think the prisoner is Blackout from Flashpoint

JSAVen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I really dont know how anyone could have not liked this. This issue was

AWESOME.

Really one of the BEST events Ive ever read. Big props to Lemire, Johns, Reiss and the rest.

Instantly got me way more excited for forever evil.

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My god... it was a good issue. Everything was explained. And it fits perfectly. Love it when stories do that. BUT when did Black Adam come into play?

And the traitor was the atom right? Who else was the traitor?

And HOLY SH*T!!! I can't wait for Forever Evil. How this is gonna tie up in a multiversal manner and what will happen to the individual series...

SIDE NOTE/PS: Would be great if they brought back the fourth world. Bring DS, HF, Orion, Lightray, Metron, Barda, and Mr Miracle in the big picture. Many viners know that I love the Fourth World. And I hope we get to see more new gods in the future. Seems like they're missing out and w/o the new gods, the DCU feels... a bit empty... as if there's a void that needs to be filled to fill the cosmic DCU... But that aside, hope we can see more from FOREVER EVIL OH YEA!!!!!!

bennyq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@equonox: Oh my bad. So Xanadu must be aware of Earth 2 then, to be able to know that they're from Earth 3. And Earth one come to think of it, because the main world is Earth Prime isn't it. Earth one is where those Superman Earth One and Batman Earth One books take place. And Grant Morrison's new Wonder Woman earth One.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shusho: Agreed! Great issue. It was especially awesome seeing that scene from the FCBD issue come to life! I wonder if we are going to get an actual "ATOM"?

Hopefully.

the door for Ray Palmer just reopen

I'm super excited at the possibility for his return!

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My god... it was a good issue. Everything was explained. And it fits perfectly. Love it when stories do that. BUT when did Black Adam come into play?

And the traitor was the atom right? Who else was the traitor?

And HOLY SH*T!!! I can't wait for Forever Evil. How this is gonna tie up in a multiversal manner and what will happen to the individual series...

SIDE NOTE/PS: Would be great if they brought back the fourth world. Bring DS, HF, Orion, Lightray, Metron, Barda, and Mr Miracle in the big picture. Many viners know that I love the Fourth World. And I hope we get to see more new gods in the future. Seems like they're missing out and w/o the new gods, the DCU feels... a bit empty... as if there's a void that needs to be filled to fill the cosmic DCU... But that aside, hope we can see more from FOREVER EVIL OH YEA!!!!!!

I don't know. Most of the New Gods are separated right now in various books.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
    Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This event was mediocre at best. All this was a lead in to Forever Evil. Nothing earth shattering, the ending was predictable. I really had high hopes for this event.

bigboi100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still feel like there could be more to come from Rhonda she may turn good maybe I'm just being optimistic

Was she the one who broke into the Batcave and stole the Kryptonite ring?

bigboi100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This event was mediocre at best. All this was a lead in to Forever Evil. Nothing earth shattering, the ending was predictable. I really had high hopes for this event.

You don't gotta like it and you sure as hell ain't gonna read it. So quit all that bitchin'

comicbookfan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
    WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Edited by KingdomCome - August 28, 2013 at 10:27 AM

@thecheesestabber said:

I feel like this was DC's version of AvX but done right :3

Decent start, persistently mediocre middle and good finish equals "done right"?

This. Art GREAT! Story good! Twist was meh.

Praetor_fenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Praetor_fenix

How many twists and reveals can you put on in a single issue? How can you "conclude" an event on a cliffhanger? What sense did it make to cram the event full of characters, then split them into 3 mashups of diferent teams if they're not going to have a spotlight? This issue tries to solve the first 2 questions so you don't make the third one. I'm so sick of writers misleading (the whole Atom affair), now, it was a fun issue, but it was not a conclusion it was a bridge between two events (or rather, an event and it's prologue if we are fair). I hope forever evil is better than this, it should, since it had this "great event" as prologue.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

One things for sure.... WonderWoman sure can have a lot of sex....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.