Justice League #22

• 82 results
    lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@evanthemexijew: Yeah. I hope to see WW and Batman have some big moments here because I don't see alot of them.

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoyed this issue, but I thought the very last panel with that guy being all like "Oh people will think that person x did this because of me hahaha" was a bit OTT. Who speaks like that....

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#54  Edited By Squalleon

@feargalr: Johns put it probably to calm the fanboys

monsterduc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By monsterduc

@battheman008: "Did you actually read this issue? It was excellent and definitely NOT a waste of money IMO"

.Wow! Really? I explained pretty concisely why I'm not getting this book.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

@monsterduc: I've got about the same system worked out. Just about any $3.99 title that has less than 30 pages of actual story I trade wait on.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@stormbox said:

@outside_85 said:

I was bored by the end of this, the reason the fighting starts felt massively forced and it makes everyone look like insecure children.

Forced and immature? Seriously? You do realize superman did you know what, right? I'd say thats a pretty good reason for fighting

It's stupid and lazy writing on Johns part; "Oh look Wondy got scratched! DIE!"

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

This was a great issue.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
    superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Have to say, i was worried this would end up being too much like AVX but after reading it..... WOAH!!

Drummer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two words to describe this issue- Holy Sh*t!! when that 'moment' happened i literally exclaimed quite loudly, "No way!" great start to this event finally everything's coming together. i really loved how johns wrote billy/shazam....like a total child,it was so good! Wondering what the phantom stranger was doing at the kent's graves.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

You know, thinking back on it after a day, I think the part of this issue that affected me the most was the sudden death of Madame Xanadu (if indeed she is now dead).

Mark_Rojas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was my first foray into a DC crossover, I'm glad to say that i was pleasantly suprised by the issue. I thought the story telling was from an interesting perspective and i did not expect to see so much content smashed into a single issue.

Sign me up for the rest of the series.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By Stormbox

@stormbox said:

@outside_85 said:

I was bored by the end of this, the reason the fighting starts felt massively forced and it makes everyone look like insecure children.

Forced and immature? Seriously? You do realize superman did you know what, right? I'd say thats a pretty good reason for fighting

It's stupid and lazy writing on Johns part; "Oh look Wondy got scratched! DIE!"

Dude, they already said he was framed. He did not want to kill dr light

Reading comprehension much?

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

Dropped this book like a bad habit (after issue 21, Shazam was by far the best part) after they announced that it will encompass the two other JL books that are not on my pull list, raised the price of JLD, and dropped the page count of JLA without adjusting the price. What a joke. The big two are getting less and less of my business by doing sh!t like this. Especially when the independents are giving me more for my money with much richer, original stories (not just the Civil War re-hash this "Trinity War" is...) and actual use of the page counts instead of 10-12 pages of adverts.

I am starting to move to trades more and more for the big two's $3.99 books with Chapters/Indigo's 20-35% discount as that's the only way not to get ripped off by them.

cool?

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

I loved this issue. Best issue since the New 52. I have high hopes for an event thats been in the works for over two year.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

wow wow wow wow wow cant believe a new 52 justice league book could be THAT good. havent been digging the series except for the shazam backup and last week's shazam issue was my favorite justice league issue so far but this takes the cake! can never go wrong when highlighting madame xanadu. so many twists and shocking moments. third eye on superman screams despero (maybe he left a post hypnotic suggestion in supes mind??) there are also the sins who can possess people. i really have NO complaints about this book despite the really shocking and sad ending (i believe in you xanadu, teleportation and immortality are on your side).

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert said:

You know, thinking back on it after a day, I think the part of this issue that affected me the most was the sudden death of Madame Xanadu (if indeed she is now dead).

Eh, I don't think she's dead. That explosion were we see no bodies is a classic comic book trope, most of the times nobody dies on those. Plus, she has immortality, magic powers and sh!t.

The most interesting part to me was that Pandora is apparently "the worst one". Now, I haven't read her series but based on the preview and all her other appearances that I have read she's always depicted as a victim so I'm interested on seeing what this is all about.

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I can say is go out and buy this book!! dont read into spoilers you can never understand the proper context of the book from a few panels...also glad to see the outsider tie into this, leaves the door open for alot of returns

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was pretty good. I'll get the next issue.

However, Geoff Johns or Ivan Reis really doesn't seem to know much about Tarot. 26 major arcana cards were shown, when there is actually only 22 in a deck. And the names on the cards were:

The Boy
    The Hero
    The Warrior
    The Hostage
    The Politician
    The Soldier
    The Detective
    The Alien
    The Unknown
    The Betrayer
    The Prison
    The Gameplayer
    The Grid
    The Freak
    The Messenger
    The King
    The Magician
    The Archer
    The Thief
    The Spirit
    The Misfit
    The Miracle Worker
    The Savage
    The Assassin
    The Sacrifice
    The Outsider

Out of all of them, I only recognise one as being an actual card, The Magician, and I can accept that The King could be an interpretation of The Emperor.

Maybe some of them are supposed to be interpretations of actual card names, but as they aren't numbered, it's impossible to know for sure which ones are supposed to be which.

This seems very much like someone who has heard of tarot cards, and likes their mystical sounding names, but hasn't bothered to research it, and has instead just made it up to suit the characters.

A small detail I know, but I thought I should bring it up.

By the way, I can't call myself an expert in things like this, so if these cards actually do mean something, let me know. I'm quite happy to be proved wrong.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#71  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

This is how you do an event MARVEL!!!!

Avatar image for braynehurricane
    braynehurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Ooh, I feel kind of foolish now. Another commenter has also corrected me. I don't even remember a character called The Outsider from Flashpoint... Guess he wasn't all that memorable.

Kraya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@braynehurricane: I suppose he was in one of the tie-ins. I have only read the main event and I don't remember him either.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#74  Edited By Kal'smahboi

I really enjoyed this. If the quality keeps up, this will be a great story and an awesome intro to the real event in September.

MikeStark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#75  Edited By MikeStark

Dropped this book like a bad habit (after issue 21, Shazam was by far the best part) after they announced that it will encompass the two other JL books that are not on my pull list, raised the price of JLD, and dropped the page count of JLA without adjusting the price. What a joke. The big two are getting less and less of my business by doing sh!t like this. Especially when the independents are giving me more for my money with much richer, original stories (not just the Civil War re-hash this "Trinity War" is...) and actual use of the page counts instead of 10-12 pages of adverts.

I am starting to move to trades more and more for the big two's $3.99 books with Chapters/Indigo's 20-35% discount as that's the only way not to get ripped off by them.

You know, I won't be a marvel troll & call you an idiot for having your own opinion. Dropping this book was up to you but honestly, your missing out. BIG TIME.

monsterduc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterduc said:

You know, I won't be a marvel troll & call you an idiot for having your own opinion. Dropping this book was up to you but honestly, your missing out. BIG TIME.

I'm not missing out at all. I gave it a look through at the store today and it was nothing special. Just a poorly done copy of Civil War with an idiotic reason to start a super hero fight, as well as showing how ridiculously easy it was to manipulate the best super heroes that DC has to offer. A very poor start imo. I'll give a flip through each issue as it comes out and if it improves, I might get the trade.

Besides, I just free'd up $4 bucks to get something fresh and original like Black Science by Remender, or Velvet by Brubaker and Epting, or Pretty Deadly by Deconick and Rios...hmm, I think I will get them all as I'm not wasting money on JLA and JLD in order to get that whole story.

Tev18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved Superman in this issue!!! Also i like when Wonder Woman said "There's a reason i don't have a list of villains as long as Bruce's, Barry's or even yours. When I deal with them, I deal with them".

DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#78  Edited By DarthShap

JL #22 was one of the dumbest stories I've ever read. Why can't the heroes see that Superman is clearly being mind-controlled? And either way, why would the JL fight alongside him against the JLA? Superman just killed someone but Batman is seemingly OK with that? He does not neutralize him with a Kryptonite ring? No, instead he fights against the JLA because of...reasons.

martyyy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@braynehurricane:

I say he is Sosuke Azien. I mean C'mon this kind of trolling is his MO.....Exaclty as planned LOL....Azien is causeing Trinity WAR

sonofodin25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Superman over-reacted and was kinda dick-ish in the issue, still really enjoyed it though, mostly cuase of Shazam/Captain Marvel

martyyy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The pairing of Simon Baz vs Hal is going to end so badly for Simon. Honestly he is still a rookie and hal is a vetren with tons of experience, plus simon saw what he can do. Aquaman is gonna decimate hawkman. And batman catwoman....ends in sex!!!

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By SavageDragon

Very Good Issue.

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JL #22 was one of the dumbest stories I've ever read. Why can't the heroes see that Superman is clearly being mind-controlled? And either way, why would the JL fight alongside him against the JLA? Superman just killed someone but Batman is seemingly OK with that? He does not neutralize him with a Kryptonite ring? No, instead he fights against the JLA because of...reasons.

To be fair I don't really think anyone on JL got time to think about what had happened because right after they were attacked by the JLA. So right now they're probably just reacting to JLA attacking them.

I'm really excited to see where this goes for Shazam. I really hope he gets his own book soon because JL 21 is one of my favorite issues. All he wanted to do was bury black adam and all this is happening now! Seemingly because of him.

rowan1018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hey does anyone else think that dr. light was a traitor and made appear that superman killed him because to me it makes alot of sense since dr light pre 52 was always evil

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.