Follow

Justice League: War

Movie » Justice League: War released on February 04, 2014.

Justice League: War is based on the the initial run of Justice League in the New 52.

Justice League: War (Review)

Rh93535

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rh93535

I just finished watching the movie online today and it was really good though while watching the movie I had this feeling that something just doesn't feel right. It was really good and I liked it but to all those people that love the classic DC I don't recommend watching it unless you want to see what I mean. The real reason I'm writing this review is because I want to know if anyone else that loves DC felt the same as I do right now.

First thing I want to mention is the voice cast. I didn't mind the voice of Superman and Batman but the rest I didn't really like mainly the voice of Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman didn't sound right. Speaking of Wonder Woman I really hate what they did with her, she acts pretty stupid to be honest. I also hate what they did with Superman, Green Lantern and Captain Marvel. Superman acted more violent and less heroic. Green Lantern was a major dick to Batman and got really annoying and Captain Marvel (or should I say Captain Shazam) acts like some Jock or something and like his friends said to him in the movie, he's a jerk. If I remember right he was chosen by Shazam because of his good heart, didn't really see any of that in the movie. And I disapprove of the whole Wonder Woman and Superman together crap and it's obvious that Steve Trevor does too (at the end of the movie). The real Superman is in love with Lois Lane, his whole thing is basically saving Lois Lane all the time. If he's not with Lois Lane then I don't know that Superman, he ain't the Superman I know and love. To be honest the story was a bit messed up, I think I like the movie just because it's a Justice League movie (I love DC) and because of all the action.

It was good, I'm not saying it was bad... You'll know what I mean when you watch it. If you want to watch it I'll give you the link to the site I watched it at, I'm not putting it in this just in case there's some rule against posting links of movies that haven't been released yet. And If anyone asks, no I haven't read any of the New 52 comics because it's a reboot.

7/10

kurik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i am surprised more people haven't commented on this. My thoughts mimic your own Rh93535 but i take it a step further. I didn't like this movie at all but then i read the comics that it was based on and i don't like those either and i am a bit DC fan as well. The New 52 Justice League appear to be kids in adult bodies. None of them except for Batman act their age. The jokes are corny and juvenile as well and the whole characterization is WAY off. One of the most disturbing things...no make that two disturbing things is that 1. Superman, like in the movie, was happy to destroy any and everything thing in the city while fighting Green Lantern. No matter the collatoral damage. Superman of yesteryear would have act least acknowledged that the fight will need to take place somewhere else. 2. The Darksieds minions were humans/creatures transformed not robots...but no one cared....lets just lay them to waste in any which way we want because that's what Superman does. Honestly...the only good thing about this movie was the animation....everything else was just drivel and I really really don't understand what the motivation for having the characters this way. I miss Justice League Unlimted. The characters were closer to what I grew up and respected. i don't know who these ppl are. And one last thing: What have they done to Wonder Woman....I only read her main title now...The character in this movie and any other title are practically the same. Thank God the writer got her right in her main title. Good grief.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

God I tried to review this last night after I watched it but CV wouldn't let me. It was good but not great. Wonder Woman was bit of the main flaw in it but the rest was good. Once you get over Batman's voice, you enjoy it more. The Flash/Green Lantern bromance was the best bit but Darkseid came across as a video game boss level. Anyway it was good!!

robenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved the movie. The fight against Darkseid was awesome. I did not care much for Wonder Woman's voice but enjoyed her interaction with Superman.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I liked it..one of DC's weakest if you ask me, but still entertaining. Plus, this Wonder Woman was fantastic, I loved her.

aarontyler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was "ok", but not one of DC's best. I'm a huge Superman fan, and aside from him outclassing Batman in that little duel, his character could have dwelled deeper, he came off as a bully, very arrogant, & inconsiderate. Basically his character was WAY off, not even on point. I hated his romance with WW, Superman's lover is Lois Lane, she is who he saves all the time & is pretty much a big part of his universe. Why redirect that into a meaningless WW fling? Batman, was Batman. Had to get adjusted to his voice, but other than that I enjoyed his 'bromance' with Hal. I didn't find GL as annoying as other's did, infact I enjoyed his jokes, he was comedic relief, but maybe that's just me. Wonder Woman's voice just wasn't right, and she came off as a dumb, fight lovin bimbo, who had nothing smart or interesting to say other than swinging her sword all over the place. Captain Marvel or Shazam was too childish for someone who was suppose to have the wisdom of Solomon, I could have delt with alot less "she digs me" lines. Flash was great, I loved how they intergrated his smarts into his character (referencing how he avoided Darkseid's omega beams), instead of just being the league clown. Last but not least is Cyborg, I felt he had the most depth out of all characters, and fit in quite well with the league, alot better than I thought. I did not like this version of Darksied (or Hulkseid) at all. He had none of the qualities that made him Darkseid. he was just a raging Brute. Darkseid is a devious, relentless conqueror with a twisted philosophical edge. This Darkseid was only good for smashing through builds yelling "I will destroy you." Aside from that, the movie had nice action and animation, and I don't have to see it a second time. When it was over, I was thinking thank god all DC animated films are in different universes.

Herx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 1

I finished watching the film last night and my thought of it was: It's alright, but not... well not the justice league (pretty much the same feelings i had with the new-52 story that this was based off of). I am fully aware that this is meant to be the new origin for the league, but it just lacked the spark to make me really care. The Green Lantern/Batman interactions i enjoyed as well as the interactions with the Flash, but the rest of the cast just fell flat for me. Superman just appeared as a brute, tearing through multiple buildings in Metropolis in a fight with Green Lantern (note that the last time Superman did this in an animated feature it was the conclusion of Justice League Unlimited where he fought Darkseid, and as much as i do like GL i must point out that GL and his power ring are not in the same league as the new-god overlord of Apokolips). Diana, as has previously been pointed out, comes off more dim than in previous incarnations (the ice cream thing still just bugs me) especially considering that she is a) the crown princess of her home island (meaning that she must be knowledgable in politics), b) the political ambassador to her people (previous note of her political knowledge + knowledge of foreign cultures) and c) the future military leader of her own people (knowledgable in tactics and various forms of combat), yet none of these traits appear here (its up to GL to say "hey, lets try teamwork now") plus her attraction to Superman because "hey, he's strong" doesn't really ring well with her (hey i'm wonder woman, i'm a strong indipendant woman who just wants a strong man in her life......................WHA? i mean at least in the new 52 JL they'd known each other for 5 years (and i'm still against it. Not for the coupling itself, but the fact that the coupling was forced and unnatural)). The Cyborg story was ruined by the end (yay! my daddy turned up! everything is now alright, despite him turning me into a freak becuse he only realized that he loved me after i got mortally wounded and nearly died! YAY!) and the replacement of captain-not-marvel-SHAZAM! for Aquaman just didn't make sense to me, especially considering the mid-credits scene for the next justice league story would have benifted from a previous outing with Aquaman in the film. As it has also been mentioned in other comments, Darkseid just felt like the end-boss of a game even in their tactic for beating him (go for the shiny red eyes). He lacked the fines and cunning that you'd expect from the lord of Apokolips and (this is a cripe i also had with the original story) he should have been able to tear through a "just formed/untrained" justice league (a point which is made even more obvious through the comparisons of darkseids invasion of this earth with that of earth 2 where his forces destroyed their trinity who had been a veteran hero team with capabilities and skills beyond those of their earth 1 counterparts).

The movie is a loud outing for the new-52 justice league, full of explosions and little development. If you just want to sit down and watch heroes hack and slash some paradeamons for a good few minutes than i i'd recomend it as a watch, but if you want proper hero dilemmas with proper characterization than id suggest you avoid it. As well as being the first outing of the new-52 stories it also highlights many of the issues people have had with the new-52; wrong characterizations of characters (superman and wonder woman), a plot but no story (darkseid here, and then he's gone) and the unnatural decision and actions of various characters just for the sake of plot and attention (Victor pulling the motherbox out of the machine, despite the fact that he's meant to be an intelligent young man who's also at his physical peak, i.e. he has brains and brawn not just one of the two, and the forceful "shipping" of superman and wonder woman together just so that they can have "the power couple" even though it makes no sense whatsoever).

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

i liked it. given these are the new 52 incarnations so a lot of old fans will be scratching their heads but it was really good. Favorite scene? Hal being pummeled by parademons after being swatted by Darkseid.

Avatar image for romthelegionaire
    Romthelegionaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

Was anyone else slightly irritated that Raquel Ervin/Rocket's cameo wasn't put in the film? The scene where Wonder Woman and the little girl go for ice cream? In the New52 comics which the movie was based on, the little girl was a young Rocket but in the film they replaced her. Did DC lose the rights to the Milestone characters or did they just decide not to bother with them anymore?

Avatar image for chrischrischris
    chrischrischris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Worse movie ever. Characterizations were destroyed (except wonder woman). Writing was cheesy, lame, predictable. and very sad. The only good thing about it was the animation. And come on, the person who's greatest weapon is secrets and concealment reveals his secret identity to somebody he doesn't fully trust??? really was that intelligent writing? I had to force myself to finish it. I feel so ashamed. It was like watching great strong characters having everything strong about them being raped in front of me. I truly have to give this movie a 2/5. Only because the animation and action sequences are well done. animation team 5 stars, writing and story concept, anybody associated with it should be let go, or sent back into training.

BlakeCanary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BlakeCanary

Great animation and fight sequences but in attempt to keep this short, I don't know what value Aquaman's absence had being replaced with that of Shazam. Also, when did everyone start pretending Superman just murders people all the time? These were the biggest stretches for me. I just couldn't get on board with it.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should read the New 52

amberthemute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@jonez120: I do. And the entire Shazam part is not in the justice league series. Not at all. Not even close. Not to mention superman snapping anyone's neck. When he is being poisoned by kryptonite he does fry Dr. Light. But that's as uncontrolled as he gets. He doesn't choke someone out.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.