nicknicholby's Justice League: The Rise of Arsenal #3 - Domestic Disturbance review

Avatar image for nicknicholby

roy the crybaby boy

I've been trying to expand myself out of the Marvel Universe and chose the Justice League to do that.  Over the last couple months I've been following the aftermath of Prometheus' attempt tp destroy the league.   I really enjoyed that storyline and most of the preceeding issues.

The Good-
    The artwork isn't half bad.  I like the character of Cheshire and Arsenal.  The story has a really good premise.   There could be some workable storylines from this.

The Bad-
    Whoever writes the "junky" parts needs to talk with a real drug addict.  Everytime we see his druggy friend I cringe.  Seriously the terms used and the ambience created in these scenes seems to be straight out of a 1950's drug scare tactic film.  This is seriously some of the worst writing I've ever read.
    I'm also getting a little tired of Roy's crybaby attitude.  Grow a pair of nuts dude and move on.

Other reviews for Justice League: The Rise of Arsenal #3 - Domestic Disturbance

Series Killer 0

Roy Harper. He was the Green Arrow’s sidekick, Speedy. Then he was a heroin addict, but was able to get his live back on track and eventually become Red Arrow, a respected member of the Justice League. Roy was a flawed character but a genuinely good man who learned from his mistakes. His character really shined in the scenes with his daughter Lian. Unfortunately, someone decided that Roy Harper was going to be the Job of DC universe.  In the limited series “Cry for Justice” Roy’s life is decima...

A little better? 0

J.T. Krul pens "Domestic Disturbance," the latest issue of the Rise and Fall series, featuring Roy Harper's return as Arsenal. Sharing the art duties on this issue are Geraldo Borges, Kevin Sharpe & Sergio Arino. The Rise of Arsenal continues the story arc from Cry for Justice, which saw Roy Harper (then, as Red Arrow) lose his arm and his daughter, Lian, to the villian Prometheus. Since then, Roy's body has been made whole thanks to a new prosthetic. However, deep mental and emotional woun...