Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3320 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Will Flash and GL be dropped from the JL film??

TheBhramaBull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheBhramaBull

OK, so now The Rock has dropped a huge tease pretty much confirming he will be playing Shazam, which is rumoured to be one of DC's next films, I would expect him to be on the JL. And with other JL members pretty much confirmed too, the roster currently looks likely to include:

• Superman - Henry Cavill
    • Batman - Ben Affleck
    • Wonder Woman - Gal Gadot
    • Aquaman - Jason Mamoa
    • Cyborg - Ray Fisher
    • Shazam - The Rock

Surely there's not room for both of them in this film, otherwise it's too overcrowded. I even think 7 maybe a little too many heroes for one movie.

DC could probably make a case for either not to be included too:

• Flash: Might not want to confuse audiences who will think he's tied to his TV show
    • GL: Might not want to use him again in this film after his disastrous last movie

Given rumours of a GL and Flash team up movie too, they may be saving them for that.

Btw, I'm not saying I want either of them dropped, I just don't think they can use 8 heroes in 1 film. 7 at push I think, if they can only choose one I hope it's Flash.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Doubt it. If the world can have two Quicksilvers then they can have two Flashes. Besides it'll be nice to a see a big screen version of The Flash. And Green Lantern(yes it will Hal Jordan) has got be used, if Hulk can have two not well received films and still have a impact in The Avengers films then why can't Hal Jordan.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By linsanel_Doctor

God no

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lyrafay: Which flash would you rather see, Barry Allen or Wally West.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@legacy6364: I don't mind which actually, I've read the comics of Barry and watched the Wally West on the JL animated show. Barry would be great because of his relationship with Hal. But Wally would be a great comedic character to light up the JL. Just hard to decided. However Barry may happen because DC/WB have been pushing him for awhile.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Captain13

Nah, at SDCC, DC will announce Chadwick Boseman as GL and Chris Pine as Flash, two characters who will be in Justice League and star in their own buddy film. :P

Or not.

But GL and Flash are in the top 5 in terms of importance and icon status.

Not sure if Dwayne Johnson will be in the Justice League even if he plays Shazam.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash and GL definitely needs to be in JL.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@captain13 If Dc announced those two actors my year would be made

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#10  Edited By Black_Claw

GL and Flash are staples to the Justice League. They'd have to be high not to put them in the film.

Superbat420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1.if the rock plays Shazam and not black Adam, they're screwing up the movie 2. Same as if they put Shazam in the justice league and not gl and flash 3. I see dc screwing up a great opportunity but ill wait and see. Really hoping they deliver something fantastic

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GL and Flash are staples to the Justice League. They'd have to be high not to put them in the film.

This

Watertaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Watertaco

Wtf? How is The Rock going to play Shazam? Moreover, if too many members are a detriment to the movie, I say drop Cyborg and Shazam. And add GL and Flash. Those two are essential, iconic members of the JL.

I hope the Shazam crap is just pure speculation.

Also, I'd be willing to get rid of Aquaman for Martian Manhunter.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kgb725

@watertaco: Its not speculation hes black adam or hes shazam. People got over it when they changed the new 52 JL lineup and they would get over it on film

JuJuTrain91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@watertaco: Well Cyborg is confirmed. Aquaman isn't confirmed but it's pretty much certain he will be in it, played by Jason Momoa. The Rock is almost certain to be playing Shazam, so it just remains to be seen if he will be connected to this film universe.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Still no confirmation whether Shazam will be in JLA. I don't see them being left out. The fact that they included Cyborg leads me to believe that Synder will be using the New 52 league, so he might as well get the whole team in there. Besides, why include Cyborg and Aquaman over Flash and GL? Not saying Aquaman and Cyborg are bad (They're hella awesome,) but Flash and GL are too classic to be left out.

Watertaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: Indeed. My question is, when will we get our Flash movie? And if we do, how will you get people to watch?

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

@watertaco: I don't think you'd need to do anything really. People flock to see Superhero movies, and The Flash is one of the oldest and most popular heros out there. Pair that with the popularity of the upcoming tv show, and that's all you need.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By DrF8

They should dropp Shazam & Cyborg and add Flash, Green Lantern & Martian Manhunter.

But that's just like...my opinion man.

If they have to have The Rock in the movie then he can be MMH.

iDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I dont think Shazam is going to be in Justice League. I believe the roster will end up looking somthing like this: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Flash, and Cyborg.

I would love it if they included MM instead of cyborg, but since Ray Fisher is already cast, I dont think thats going to happen.

Watertaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: I hope you're right, but people said the same thing about Green Lantern. But that movie just suffered from incompetent direction, that's all. Get a good director, and they can turn manure into a garden.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure they've already confirmed that Shazam won't be in Justice League. I think that's better for his character anyways. He's supposed to be the kid that grows up idolizing superheroes and then gets to live the fanboy dream of becoming one. That kinda required for him to come after Justice League.

As car as Cyborg goes we don't really know what they'll be doing with him. Chances are he probably will be in Justice League. Maybe he could be joining ARGUS instead which could possibly come into play for Justice League 2.

Assuming they're going for a seven member team that leaves one spot open. That could go to Martian Manhunter for the classic line up. Although even though I think he's a great character I wouldn't mind if they held off on him for a while. I'd rather have a second female member for the team. Maybe Black Canary, or Zatanna.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.