Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3324 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

What was the last good run of Justice League?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Gambit1024

Just curious. Earlier this year I read the entire Morrison/Waid run (and I highly recommend it), and I want some more JLA. I'm not digging the New 52's League. What's worth reading between Waid's run and Johns's run?

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SmashBrawler

Joe Kelly's run

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Gambit1024

@SmashBrawler: What characters were in that? Main seven or...?

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SmashBrawler

@Gambit1024 said:

@SmashBrawler: What characters were in that? Main seven or...?

At the beggining: All the main seven, except for Aquaman, who had recently "died" during Our Worlds At War

Later on: Kyle left the team; John Stewart, Major Disaster, Faith and Manitou Raven joined

I also recommend Kurt Busiek's Syndicate Rules, which deals with the consequences of JLA/Avengers from the DC side

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Gambit1024

@SmashBrawler: Gotcha. Is there any major reading needed before I start, or am I just good to go?

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SmashBrawler

@Gambit1024 said:

@SmashBrawler: Gotcha. Is there any major reading needed before I start, or am I just good to go?

I forgot Plastic Man, but he leaves the team too.

Joe Kelly's run goes right after Morrison's and Waid's, so there's nothing else you need to read

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gambit1024

@SmashBrawler: Awesome. Looks like I know where to go now, lol. Any other stories featuring the JL? Preferably the main seven, or a majority of them anyway. I was looking into Justice (the one Alex Ross drew) and Year One, but I'm unsure.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SmashBrawler

@Gambit1024 said:

@SmashBrawler: Awesome. Looks like I know where to go now, lol. Any other stories featuring the JL? Preferably the main seven, or a majority of them anyway. I was looking into Justice (the one Alex Ross drew) and Year One, but I'm unsure.

Justice is good. Not nearly as good as Kingdom Come, but it has a lot of awesome moments. A nice "prequel" for this one is JLA: Liberty and Justice.

Year One is pretty good too, although the League feels more like a friends club rather than "World's Greatest Heroes". There's also a sequel named JLA: Incarnations, but it's not as good.

I also recommend JLA: Crisis of Conscience, although it takes place right before Infinite Crisis, so everybody hates each other.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gambit1024

@SmashBrawler: I own Liberty and Justice and I loved it. I just wanted to know if Justice was in the same ballpark.

For Crisis of Conscience, does anything build up to why they hate each other, or is it all in that arc?

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SmashBrawler

@Gambit1024 said:

@SmashBrawler: I own Liberty and Justice and I loved it. I just wanted to know if Justice was in the same ballpark.

For Crisis of Conscience, does anything build up to why they hate each other, or is it all in that arc?

Identity Crisis and, I guess, the OMAC Project. But IC is the main catalyst

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gambit1024

^Awesome. Thanks a lot. Any input on the Dwayne McDuffie stuff?

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SmashBrawler

@Gambit1024: Underrated. McDuffie's League was very maligned at the time, but it's not bad at all, to be honest. It's not AMAZING either, but then again Justice League of America Vol 2 was a big chunk of mediocre as a whole, and McDuffie's run was great compared to Brad Meltzer's or James Robinson's

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.