Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3320 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

What Should The Justice League Film Costumes Look Like?

• 71 results
    Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Captain13

Let's put an emphasis on "LIKE", as in "similar to."

Since, Snyder and Cavill will likely return, I would like the MoS costume to stay in continuity.
    Since, Snyder and Cavill will likely return, I would like the MoS costume to stay in continuity.
    Batman has to be somewhat armored in a realistic universe. I'd like the Nolan look with more technology built into it to justify Batman's presence. IMO, it would be cool if his gauntlets allowed him to hack computers.
    Batman has to be somewhat armored in a realistic universe. I'd like the Nolan look with more technology built into it to justify Batman's presence. IMO, it would be cool if his gauntlets allowed him to hack computers.
    I'd like Wonder Woman to look like a Greek Warrior. She shouldn't look modern because she should be a fish out of water. And the Greek look adds nobility and strength to her appearance.
    I'd like Wonder Woman to look like a Greek Warrior. She shouldn't look modern because she should be a fish out of water. And the Greek look adds nobility and strength to her appearance.
    I'd like Green Lantern to actually wear a fabric costume with emerald, construct energy flowing through it. The all CGI costume looked terrible. Also, there is no point to him having a mask since a GL shouldn't be able to hold two jobs and has no reason to hide his identity. And losing the mask allows the audience to take him more seriously in an Oscar-caliber epic.
    I'd like Green Lantern to actually wear a fabric costume with emerald, construct energy flowing through it. The all CGI costume looked terrible. Also, there is no point to him having a mask since a GL shouldn't be able to hold two jobs and has no reason to hide his identity. And losing the mask allows the audience to take him more seriously in an Oscar-caliber epic.
    Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Superdork

Batman really needs to be the "tech" guy in live action. I like the idea of a computer gauntlet as long as it's not flimsy and holds up in a fight.

No Caption Provided

I'd also like him to have his Bat summoning device, explosive mines, suped-up batmbile, bat plane/"the bat", combat wires, smoke pellets, sonic/flash bang grenades, batarangs, taser punch knuckles, sonic vision, built in police scanner, and emergency medical equipment.

He should also be able to fight.

Loading Video...

And Green Lantern should definitely be played by either Chadwick Boseman or Idris Elba.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with all of the above. I'd just like to add that I think that the roster should be small (for character/team development) and the threat should be credible. I mean, it looks like Superman is going to stop an alien invasion on his own in the Justice League movie, so the threat has to be even bigger to justify more heroes.

Maybe they should use Brainiac or Despero?

Brainiac
    Brainiac
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Despero and the Flames of Py'tar
    Despero and the Flames of Py'tar

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
    deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@outlawrenegade: I prefer Earth's based or supernatural villains such Professor Ivo and Amazo,Vandal Savage,The General, Queen of Fables,Neron,Doctor Destiny...

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@matchesmalone21: Okay, but how would you explain the origins of those characters in a realistic Man of Steel or Dark Knight world? And how would you make the threat bigger than an alien invasion of Kryptonians? For example, how would and why would IVO build a machine that could mimic metahumans when Superman is probably the only known metahuman in the world?

Also, if Despero and Braniac have been laying dormant for thousands of years, they feel a lot less extraterrestrial IMO... Anyway, I think this thread is just about costumes and concept art, lol

Edit- It might be cool if Cadmus or Lexcorp accidently activates Brainiac or releases some villain when they are studying Kryptonian technology.

Loading Video...

And did anyone else notice that Green Lantern may have shown up in the Man of Steel trailer above at 0:44?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outlawrenegade: Do you know MOS isn't based in reality as TDK,in millions ofinterviewsithas already beensaid andotherheroesexist in the samereality ofit. Let's the JL film takes place 5 years after MOS and others metahuman appeared around the world,for an example Superman appeared and youthink the Army wouldn't tryto create asuperweaponto counter attack,just becauseSupermanisthe only oneon Earth?

Ciriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ciriel

I'm gonna say New 52 because I'm tired of the general public's knowledge of comic books being from cartoons or worse 3 reboots ago.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@matchesmalone21: Of course it's not as based in reality, but this universe clearly doesn't have magic in it (yet). So your magic villain choices are a leap. Other heroes have not been confirmed yet. It has only been said that they could exist in this universe. You would still have to explain them because this world is more realistic and serious than Marvel's world. And as for Amazo, we hardly have the technology to make ASIMO robots. Amazo is a leap--not so much because he is a robot, but because he is designed to mimic the cell structure of several superhumans--not just Kryptonians. So the fact that he could mimic others needs to be explained. And we shouldn't assume certain heroes exist until they show up. Also, an Army of thousands of Kyrptonians seems like a much bigger threat than 1 robot that can mimic abilities. You have to ramp it up for the sequel.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Superdork

@ciriel: New 52 roster, team dynamic, and costumes suck IMO. I'm tired of the comics ignoring the things that the mass public actually knows. The comics should start taking cues from the movies once Justice League comes out--like what Marvel does. And I don't think any director could introduce 6 new heroes into the universe, develop them all, make them all important, and give them all significant screen time--which is what you have to do to sell each character for a solo film. Avengers had 4 lead in films and was only able to focus on 5 characters. Hawkeye was pretty much a glorified cameo...

Edit: Also, Batman has nothing to do with Cyborg doing all the technology stuff. And with Superman having a long history of leading the League and the public growing attached to Cavill, Superman needs to lead. Batman can only be a strategist--which is not enough. Plus most of the new52 costumes like Hal's don't work in a realistic setting. That's why the GL movie was such a cartoon.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@ciriel: New 52 roster, team dynamic, and costumes suck IMO. I'm tired of the comics ignoring the things that the mass public actually knows. The comics should start taking cues from the movies once Justice League comes out--like what Marvel does.

Oh god no

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Superdork
    DC needs to start doing this with what the general public actually knows
    DC needs to start doing this with what the general public actually knows

@stormbox:

Ciriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ciriel

@ciriel: Plus most of the new52 costumes like Hal's don't work in a realistic setting.

No Caption Provided

Why doesn't it work?

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Superdork

@ciriel: Because no one can take this guy saying serious things in real life. It looks fine in a cartoon or a VERY unrealistic movie. But in real life, he looks like a clown with that silly mask on his face. He looks even dumber if you imagine him trying to crack a joke or smile with that thing on... At least Batman looks hardcore.

No Caption Provided
    Derp, Derp, Derp
    Derp, Derp, Derp
    No Caption Provided

Loading Video...

In addition, Green Lanterns are too busy to spend much time on Earth, so he couldn't be a pilot and be a GL in his spare time. And it's not like the aliens he meets care about his family on earth. The mask makes no logical sense--especially since almost no GL's wear them besides Hal and Kyle. It looks terrible. And it is a waste of money.

And the real fans would never let you get rid of the mask because it's too iconic and it differentiates him from other Green Lanterns and Superman, who is also a White male hero with no mask.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

. So the fact that he could mimic others needs to be explained. And we shouldn't assume certain heroes exist until they show up. Also, an Army of thousands of Kyrptonians seems like a much bigger threat than 1 robot that can mimic abilities. You have to ramp it up for the sequel.

The same can be said about an alien robot or barbarian alien conqueror. It islikelythatthere areheroes, as well asother people with powersthat are notheroesand villains,and the governmentbecomes awareof it andthen decidesto preparein case somethinggets out of control.And who sayshis technologycan notbe ofalienandhuman technology, I meanreverse engineering..

@matchesmalone21: Of course it's not as based in reality, but this universe clearly doesn't have magic in it (yet). So your magic villain choices are a leap. Other heroes have not been confirmed yet. It has only been said that they could exist in this universe. You would still have to explain them because this world is more realistic and serious than Marvel's world. And as for Amazo, we hardly have the technology to make ASIMO robots.

For the love ofgod,whatthat tone ofrealityhas to do withthe tech?The toneofthe filmreallyhas nothingto do withthe level oftechnology,but instead withthe pointof viewof the characterabout himself,how he see the world andhow the worldsees him,how it feels (this lack in Marvel movies),again this isn't the Nolanverse and even this wasn't that realistic too.
    Howsomeonecould berealisticwhen makinga movie about aalien, ifnot onewasseenin the real world?Nothaasbeing aestheticallyrealistic,when is talking about alien invasion..because this never happened.

FlashDamn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This should be the justice league movie green lantern

Loading Video...

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superdork: Sure, lets just piss on the characters people have loved for years and make them more like the movies all of a sudden

Sure, lets do it, for the monies, nothing else matters

And i love how you dismiss some comic booky aspects as too "childish" and stuff like that, i mean its not like this is based on a comic book, right?

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Superdork

@matchesmalone21 said:

@outlawrenegade said:

. So the fact that he could mimic others needs to be explained. And we shouldn't assume certain heroes exist until they show up. Also, an Army of thousands of Kyrptonians seems like a much bigger threat than 1 robot that can mimic abilities. You have to ramp it up for the sequel.

The same can be said about an alien robot or barbarian alien conqueror. It islikelythatthere areheroes, as well asother people with powersthat are notheroesand villains,and the governmentbecomes awareof it andthen decidesto preparein case somethinggets out of control.And who sayshis technologycan notbe ofalienandhuman technology, I meanreverse engineering..

@outlawrenegade said:

@matchesmalone21: Of course it's not as based in reality, but this universe clearly doesn't have magic in it (yet). So your magic villain choices are a leap. Other heroes have not been confirmed yet. It has only been said that they could exist in this universe. You would still have to explain them because this world is more realistic and serious than Marvel's world. And as for Amazo, we hardly have the technology to make ASIMO robots.

For the love ofgod,whatthat tone ofrealityhas to do withthe tech?The toneofthe filmreallyhas nothingto do withthe level oftechnology,but instead withthe pointof viewof the characterabout himself,how he see the world andhow the worldsees him,

how it feels (this lack in Marvel movies),again this isn't the Nolanverse and even this wasn't that realistic too.

Howsomeonecould berealisticwhen makinga movie about aalien, ifnot onewasseenin the real world?Nothaasbeing aestheticallyrealistic,when is talking about alien invasion..because this never happened.

First Part: Good story telling means showing people these things not just telling them about it. A large number of non-kryptonian metahumans hiding in secret and not being found out until man of steel is hard to swallow. A lot of explaining needs to be done that can't just be glossed over. And we shouldn't assume Batman, Wonder Woman, Katana, Vibe or anyone else exists in this world until they are shown. For all we know Superman may be the first hero to show up in the DCCU, not just the first one to go public. We can't assume that the Flash is running around witout him being mentioned just to make Amazo work. And Amazo is not as big of a threat as an army of Kryptonians since he can only mimic the powers of the heroes around him. The fewer heroes in the world, the weaker he is. Even if he amplified the power he has to 4-8 Kryptonians, Superman has still fought hundred of those. Plus Amazo hardly even has a personality, which is important for a villain.

Second Part: The rest of my comment admitted that tech was not a big deal--especially since the Kryptonians have advanced tech. The important part was that this world has no magic established yet, which means that the magical villains you listed are a hard sell.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Superdork

@stormbox said:

@superdork: Sure, lets just piss on the characters people have loved for years and make them more like the movies all of a sudden

Sure, lets do it, for the monies, nothing else matters

And i love how you dismiss some comic booky aspects as too "childish" and stuff like that, i mean its not like this is based on a comic book, right?

Well, they only need to have the line-up from the movies. I don't know how that's a problem since rosters on comic book teams change all the time. It's not like you're changing their personalities.

And yes, some parts are too childish to translate into certain movie worlds. If Green Lantern (2011) were the basis of the Justice League film, then you could make the movies as cartoon-y as you want them to be. But Man of Steel is the basis of the Justice League film, and that has a more serious, Oscar-winning-type tone. They lost the undies so that people could take Superman more seriously instead of thinking of him as a kiddie thing. They are mass murdering hundreds of people in Chicago/Metropolis. They're establishing real world motion physics and motivations. Those things don't gel with Hal Jordan and numerous characters have to be changed to fit that world. You can't just have Plastic Man show up like he is in the comics and expect people to take you seriously. This is nothing new. It happened with the Avengers characters. It happened with Batman. It's happening with Man of Steel right now. So what's the problem?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superdork: By some chance,at some point Isaid Amazowould bethe onlyvillain of themovie?no,what Isaid thatit could be usedin the film,but notexactly asthe main villain.
    Not having magicestablished inprevious filmsdoesn'tmean it can notbe establishedthroughthis film,which could be astarting point andbeyond thatwouldrun from thesamenessofalieninvasions,which oftengets to beannoying tosee,that's whyI do not wantthem to facesomeone likeDarkseidin the first film,becauselater would betoohard to finda greater threatthan him,of course there areasImperiex,but thiswould mean increasingthe number ofmembersand the filmwould end uplosing. Thanks for understanding my point upon the tech

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superdork: I dont care if its just the line-up, its forced because the only reason theyre doing it is because of the movies, like marvel pushing the movie avengers as the avengers and putting samuel l jackson and coulson in the comics. It sucks and nobody wants it, leave my comics separate from the movies

And what? Avengers never had a "realistic" angle. With loki, and asgard, and the cosmic cube and the chitauri and sh!t it was as comicbooky as the it gets. Hell, one of the next marvel movies has a space tree and a talking raccoon, how is this realistic in the least? And how do you know man of steel is gonna play out? Have you seen the movie? Trailers arent everything, people thought iron man 3's trailers had shown most of the movie and then boom! the mandarin is an actor! Never saw that one coming, huh? What if its the same with mos? What if its just a dumb simple movie and all that serious stuff is just all crammed together at the beginning? Plus, kryptonians shoot huge laser streams from their eyes, thats not very realistic is it?

And oh, a lot of people die in man of steel? Isnt that what happens in, like... every comic book event ever?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Batman should look like this

No Caption Provided

I am convinced that costume very similar if not identical to Batman's suit from Arkham Asylum would translate perfectly to the silver screen. PLEASE WARNER BROTHERS, NO MORE ALL BLACK, GIVE US SOME GREY!!

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Superdork

@matchesmalone21 said:

@superdork:

By some chance,at some point Isaid Amazowould bethe onlyvillain of themovie?no,what Isaid thatit could be usedin the film,but notexactly asthe main villain.

Not having magicestablished inprevious filmsdoesn'tmean it can notbe establishedthroughthis film,which could be astarting point andbeyond thatwouldrun from thesamenessofalieninvasions,which oftengets to beannoying tosee,

that's whyI do not wantthem to facesomeone likeDarkseidin the first film,becauselater would betoohard to finda greater threatthan him,of course there areasImperiex,but thiswould mean increasingthe number ofmembersand the filmwould end uplosing. Thanks for understanding my point upon the tech

Trying to introduce a whole magic side of this universe along with several new superheroes when Man of Steel only established technology and one superhero would be too jarring. Magic hasn't even been established in the Avengers universe yet and they had a Thor movie beforehand. Remember, Thor and Loki are just aliens. I agree that too many alien invasions is bad, but the threat still needs to be science based until a movie like Justice League Dark or Zatanna or Shazam comes along to make the transition into magic easier. I like Brainiac because he doesn't have to be an alien invader. He could be some kind of Kryptonian machine that went dormant after the invasion and hid out on Earth until it rebuilt enough strength. This was done on JLU where Brainiac was a Kryptonian machine that hid in Lex's body until it saw an opportunity to amass power.

*Edit-Not saying Brainiac is the only or even the best choice. I just think he would be an easy transition...

@stormbox said:

@superdork: I dont care if its just the line-up, its forced because the only reason theyre doing it is because of the movies, like marvel pushing the movie avengers as the avengers and putting samuel l jackson and coulson in the comics. It sucks and nobody wants it, leave my comics separate from the movies

And what? Avengers never had a "realistic" angle. With loki, and asgard, and the cosmic cube and the chitauri and sh!t it was as comicbooky as the it gets. Hell, one of the next marvel movies has a space tree and a talking raccoon, how is this realistic in the least? And how do you know man of steel is gonna play out? Have you seen the movie? Trailers arent everything, people thought iron man 3's trailers had shown most of the movie and then boom! the mandarin is an actor! Never saw that one coming, huh? What if its the same with mos? What if its just a dumb simple movie and all that serious stuff is just all crammed together at the beginning? Plus, kryptonians shoot huge laser streams from their eyes, thats not very realistic is it?

And oh, a lot of people die in man of steel? Isnt that what happens in, like... every comic book event ever?

Nobody wants it? Speak for yourself. It makes the tranisiton easier for new readers like my girlfriend, who is a fan of Black Widow and Coulson now. If she gets into the comics because of characters she liked in the movies, but those characters are no where to be found in the comics, then why should she spend money buying the books? That's bad business.

Also, the Marvel World has already been established as less realistic than Man of Steel or Dark Knight. Have you been reading my responses to you are are you in some kind of blind fury?

And yes, some parts are too childish to translate into certain movie worlds. If Green Lantern (2011) were the basis of the Justice League film, then you could make the movies as cartoon-y as you want them to be. But Man of Steel is the basis of the Justice League film, and that has a more serious, Oscar-winning-type tone.

Oh, and even though the Marvel Cinematic Universe is less realistic than MoS or DK, they still haven't gotten to the point where magic exists since Loki and Thor are aliens.

I haven't seen MoS, but I'll bet you Superman isn't going to the source wall or sneezing away universes or anything like that.

And by Realism, you should know that we're talking about people's interactions and reactions to certain events, people, or objects. The more realistic you get, the ore believable people have to react to extraordinary things and situations. That's what will separate MoS from the Marvel movies. That's all they've been showing in the trailers.

The movie is only establishing that aliens and pseudo science exist. Magic still has not been established. And guys wearing goofy looking domino masks will no doubt be treated as goofy looking rather than serious.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Superdork
    Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Stormbox

@superdork: Nobody who's currently reading comics wants it. I dont care about new readers if that means selling out, just look at people's reactions to stuff like the nick fury jr fiasco or even the new 52. Its just annoying and fans feel insulted when people who may or may not be interested in reading comics are given more priority than them

And how do you even know how that people's reaction to superman's existence is going to be "realistic" (whatever realistic is for you anyway). Oh, some mom was talking about clark having special abilities or stuff, its not like anyone would point that out, only in a "realistic" world. Oh, the military coming after superman! Never seen that one before!

Yeah, magic is so silly. Its only in kids movies. No one takes magic seriously in stories, well excpet for the people that do. Seriously, do you even like these characters? Because it feels like you want to get rid of all the things that made people like them in the first place. Sure, lets make everything realistic and forget where these characters come from. Everything should be realistic! Its not like this is some fantasy world that is not real life where we can do stuff that wouldnt happen in real life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21 said:

@superdork:

By some chance,at some point Isaid Amazowould bethe onlyvillain of themovie?no,what Isaid thatit could be usedin the film,but notexactly asthe main villain.

Not having magicestablished inprevious filmsdoesn'tmean it can notbe establishedthroughthis film,which could be astarting point andbeyond thatwouldrun from thesamenessofalieninvasions,which oftengets to beannoying tosee,

that's whyI do not wantthem to facesomeone likeDarkseidin the first film,becauselater would betoohard to finda greater threatthan him,of course there areasImperiex,but thiswould mean increasingthe number ofmembersand the filmwould end uplosing. Thanks for understanding my point upon the tech

Trying to introduce a whole magic side of this universe along with several new superheroes when Man of Steel only established technology and one superhero would be too jarring. Magic hasn't even been established in the Avengers universe yet and they had a Thor movie beforehand. Remember, Thor and Loki are just aliens. I agree that too many alien invasions is bad, but the threat still needs to be science based until a movie like Justice League Dark or Zatanna or Shazam comes along to make the transition into magic easier. I like Brainiac because he doesn't have to be an alien invader. He could be some kind of Kryptonian machine that went dormant after the invasion and hid out on Earth until it rebuilt enough strength. This was done on JLU where Brainiac was a Kryptonian machine that hid in Lex's body until it saw an opportunity to amass power.

Actually there is no magic in MCU,Thor already stated in his first movie what theAsgardiansaretechnologicallyadvanced thatcould beconfusedwith magic,ReedRichardssaidalmost the samethingin the comicsand that's whyI do not likeMarvel,everything can be explainedthrough thescienceloses thegrace, themystery. Not to mention Iron Man created a new element,which is based upon th e Cosmic Cube energy.

I don't know. I still want Earth's based villains,something like a military response against them.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Superdork

@stormbox:

Response to Paragraph One: Since the New 52 came out before the movies, it was not a change due to movies. I like Fury Jr, and I know plenty of others who do too, not that it matters since DC isn't changing the races of their characters. Using the movie roster is not a bad idea. Even comic fans like me are more interested in a book with characters they get attached to from the movies. I'm not a marvel fan, but I bought several of the first issues of Avengers Assemble because it had the movie roster. No joke, no exageration, no lie. I stopped buying them because I didn't like the book, but I gave it a shot due to the roster.

Response to Paragraph Two: Because the trailers have established that. Clark's classmates fear him. He hides his powers. His parents tell him to hide his powers. The army is worried about him and the other Kryptonians. People see Superman as more of a threat than anything else early on, etc. Those are realistic reactions to someone with that much power. As opposed to everyone being cool with Thor tossing lightning on Earth or just accepting Asgard as a thing even though they haven't seen it themselves. This also contrasts with pretty much everything Hal did in his uber unrealistic movie, in which Hal gets scared because he sees a picture he put in his own cockpit, gets away with murdering people in a parking lot, and says terrible, hokey dialogue.

Response to Paragraph Three: Where did I say people don't take magic in film seriously? I said you can't just jump from pseudo science to magic without it jarring people or breaking their suspension of disbelief. Just because there are flying aliens doesn't mean people are going to accept flying carpets and magic wands right off the bat. It has to be introduced slowly, explained well, and not break the rules established in the cinematic universe regarding the level of realism.

I agree that too many alien invasions is bad, but the threat still needs to be science based until a movie like Justice League Dark or Zatanna or Shazam comes along to make the transition into magic easier.

And again, I didn't decide to use MoS as the starting point to to make the movies realistic, but that is the way things are headed. If Green Lantern were the base of the DCCU, then I wouldn't harp on realism. But if you establish a shared universe, you need to have a shared tone, and in this case, that tone is realism.

"The Justice League problem?" Lindelof said. "I think a lot of that depends on 'Man of Steel.' The Justice League problem is not a problem of, who is the bad guy that Wonder Woman and Green Lantern, Superman, whoever you decide to pit them against. The problem is: What's the tone of that movie? They've been struggling with launching their own tone. The tone of Green Lantern is very different from the tone of The Dark Knight. They clearly inhabit two entirely different worlds. You want to feel like someone is establishing a world where the Justice League can exist, maybe 'Man of Steel; is that movie.

http://www.latinospost.com/articles/19441/20130518/justice-league-america-movie-warner-bros-establish-common-tone-between.htm

Edit- Also, look at my first post in this thread about Batman's fighting style. Clearly I'm not asking for a return to Nolan levels of realism, and I do love these characters, which is why I'm on comic vine and want to see these characters succeed in live action.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Superdork

@matchesmalone21 said:

I don't know. I still want Earth's based villains,something like a military response against them.

I think that the Justice League vs a distrustful or mind controlled military/world would be epic. You could establish a lovecraftian version of Starro--some kind of psychic, out of this realm creature that has all this intelligence and power. It could be the League vs the entire world! They could race to get a cure or something.

Or Cadmus could be up to shady experiments like Doomsday, the Ultimen, Eiling, Clones, etc.

Or it could be both. Starro rises. Cadmus's Doomsday gets loose and then mind controlled along with millions of others. And it's up to the league to save the day.

I'm just spitballing, but I get where you're coming from about the alien invasions.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I agree with the designs for Wonder Woman and Green Lantern. Superman's MoS costume is good but I'd like it if the colors were just a tad brighter. But I'd take it regardless. And I'd rather Batman be distanced from Nolan's films through a less armored costume. Maybe more tech involved but I think they should throw in the gray tones rather than black armor.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman should look like this

No Caption Provided

I am convinced that costume very similar if not identical to Batman's suit from Arkham Asylum would translate perfectly to the silver screen. PLEASE WARNER BROTHERS, NO MORE ALL BLACK, GIVE US SOME GREY!!

No Caption Provided

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For Martian Manhunter, his New 52 suit is probably the way to go. It would translate better to the big screen than his previous costumes.

No Caption Provided

However, get rid of the loincloth.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman really needs to be the "tech" guy in live action. I like the idea of a computer gauntlet as long as it's not flimsy and holds up in a fight.

No Caption Provided

I would LOVE it if Batman had computer gauntlets.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And did anyone else notice that Green Lantern may have shown up in the Man of Steel trailer above at 0:44?

I did! I think... It was a random shot of Green Light...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
    deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll have to wait till MOS to see if the new suit looks great through an entire movie but at this point it looks good for a Justice League film.

As for Batman.......I didn't really mind the look of the suit from TDK and TDKR as it fit with Nolan's vision, but the neck section and the more "bike helmet"-esque mask didn't work for me. Maybe it was just Bale's body size but the neck and mask made his head look weird and out of proportion. Would keep the suit near identical (to whoever talked about more grey that could easily be done with the mesh sections and leave the armor pieces black but overall the all black looked fine) to Nolan's version but go with a cape and cowl closer to the comic books or Arkham games and not go with a helmet approach.

No Caption Provided

As for Wonder Woman......I found this picture online for an Artemis concept but think it would work perfectly using Wonder Woman's colors (going with silver like the new 52 rather than the traditional gold.....I think it actually looks better and wouldn't be an exact copy of Superman's colors) and closing off the toes. Definitely has a more warrior and traditional greek armor appearance than a bathing suit.

No Caption Provided

Gonna say no to the proposed Green Lantern suit. No matter if its Hal Jordan or John Stewart (I really don't care which and the film could even go with the idea of two Lanterns a sector and whichever one is in the film is the one that showed up first to see what the problem was.....thus technically allowing both Lanterns the opportunity to be on the team and if they use Hal the first time they could use John the second or vice versa) I think the best look for a Green Lantern in live action and closest to the other heroes looks is from the recent animated films First Flight and Emerald Knights.

The only thing I would change is to remove the mask. Its really not necessary and the majority of the Corps doesn't wear one. The film simply needs to solidify one of the rare powers of a Power Ring.....Mind Alteration. I'm a huge Doctor Who fan and one of the more recent villain groups, the Silence, use Hypnotic Suggestion to make people forget what they saw. The Power Ring is capable of doing something similar and would simply need to be explained as a continuously functioning ability that makes anyone the Lantern comes into contact with forget their exact features when not in the Lanterns presence......unless the Lantern allows a person or persons (such as the rest of the League) to remember. For cameras and video the Lantern is usually covered in a force field and this prevents their image from being recorded to the point of facial recognition. The explanation doesn't have to be greatly detailed, just a simple comment from Flash or Batman on why Hal/John doesn't wear a mask and 30 seconds later the precedent is set.

The only changes I would make to the classic Flash look are to a) get rid of the all yellow boots and go with red boots with yellow highlights (such as the wings at the top and making the soles yellow), b) make the lightning bolts and eye wings a pattern in the suit, much like Captain America's ear wings were painted on, and c) give the entire suit a textural look similar to a mesh shirts worn by marathon and track runners.

No Caption Provided

For the Martian Manhunter this would probably be the best look to translate well to live action (thus not relying on a overly buff actor to play the role without a shirt the entire time) but would loss the cape as its not really necessary to his character. Would also change his powers enough to get rid of the Superman-copying. Reduce his telepathy (a simple explanation being that in the DC movie universe telepaths are overall not as powerful as their comic book counterparts and most intrusive mind scans and possible alteration requires direct physical contact) and telekinesis (maximum of 300 lbs or so), keeping his shape-shifting as is, and alter his malleability to be more like Mister Fantastics so even when shape-shifting his relative height and weight don't change too much (he can't become a fly or grow to a skyscraper for instance). He could still be stronger, faster, and more durable than a human (given his physiology) but nowhere near the levels of Superman and Wonder Woman (or even Aquaman if he's in the film).

Then of course you have the toss-up, do you go with Aquaman, Hawkgirl, or Cyborg.

No Caption Provided

My vote is for Aquaman because trying to rush Cyborg's introduction for a film would be a bad move (his rushed introduction simply to get him onto the Justice League in the new 52 was bad enough) and you already have two aliens and one human that operates in space so Hawkgirl brings nothing different to the table other than another female character and that could easily be filled by giving Amanda Waller a large presence in the film (which I think should happen regardless of the threat in order to establish her character and her views on the various heroes). Aquaman is a solid choice and if done right makes a good addition to the team, plus his solo title has really gotten a boost since the new 52. The picture I chose isn't of Orin, but I thought this would be a good look for a live action Aquaman rather than use the traditional suit (minus the sword, would stick with the trident) because it highlights two things about his character without him even needing to speak. First, that where he comes from still clings to its ancient heritage much like Wonder Woman and the Amazons and Themyscira. Second, that he's seen some action cause you don't wear armor for the hell of it. Add some gold shin guards similar in design to the forearm pieces and I think the suit could work. It doesn't need to look like a wetsuit or be streamlined because Atlantians, and especially Aquaman, are strong enough to swim at high speeds even in armor.

Power-wise you would obviously want to keep his telepathy and go with the version where it functions much like Martian Manhunters (a solo film could include the reasonable concept that all Atlanteans have low-level telepathy in order to communicate with each other underway, Aquaman's is simply stronger though he's not as powerful as the Martian Manhunter's) and his control of sea life is simply because of his status in Atlantis and the oceans, but I would also "atlantean magic" (combination hydrokinesis and electrokinesis) as seen in the Young Justice series. He wouldn't be as strong at it as we've seen with Aqualad (both Garth and Kaldur'ahm) or Mera but it would be an interesting twist to his character and give establish him as a nice "balanced" character......not as physically powerful as Superman and Wonder Woman (maybe limit his strength to around 20 tons), not as fast as Flash, not as telepathically strong as Martian Manhunter, not a powerful a long-range combatant as Green Lantern, and not as tactical or intelligent as Batman......he's kind of the centerpoint of the team because he can do a little of everything but all the other members have the edge in specialties.

Sorry, know the talk of powers got a bit off topic but some of it was to justify my costume choices.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#42  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

For Martian Manhunter, his New 52 suit is probably the way to go. It would translate better to the big screen than his previous costumes.

No Caption Provided

However, get rid of the loincloth.

awww.. i like the loincloth

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ltbrd said:

I'll have to wait till MOS to see if the new suit looks great through an entire movie but at this point it looks good for a Justice League film.

As for Batman.......I didn't really mind the look of the suit from TDK and TDKR as it fit with Nolan's vision, but the neck section and the more "bike helmet"-esque mask didn't work for me. Maybe it was just Bale's body size but the neck and mask made his head look weird and out of proportion. Would keep the suit near identical (to whoever talked about more grey that could easily be done with the mesh sections and leave the armor pieces black but overall the all black looked fine) to Nolan's version but go with a cape and cowl closer to the comic books or Arkham games and not go with a helmet approach.

No Caption Provided

As for Wonder Woman......I found this picture online for an Artemis concept but think it would work perfectly using Wonder Woman's colors (going with silver like the new 52 rather than the traditional gold.....I think it actually looks better and wouldn't be an exact copy of Superman's colors) and closing off the toes. Definitely has a more warrior and traditional greek armor appearance than a bathing suit.

No Caption Provided

Gonna say no to the proposed Green Lantern suit. No matter if its Hal Jordan or John Stewart (I really don't care which and the film could even go with the idea of two Lanterns a sector and whichever one is in the film is the one that showed up first to see what the problem was.....thus technically allowing both Lanterns the opportunity to be on the team and if they use Hal the first time they could use John the second or vice versa) I think the best look for a Green Lantern in live action and closest to the other heroes looks is from the recent animated films First Flight and Emerald Knights.

The only thing I would change is to remove the mask. Its really not necessary and the majority of the Corps doesn't wear one. The film simply needs to solidify one of the rare powers of a Power Ring.....Mind Alteration. I'm a huge Doctor Who fan and one of the more recent villain groups, the Silence, use Hypnotic Suggestion to make people forget what they saw. The Power Ring is capable of doing something similar and would simply need to be explained as a continuously functioning ability that makes anyone the Lantern comes into contact with forget their exact features when not in the Lanterns presence......unless the Lantern allows a person or persons (such as the rest of the League) to remember. For cameras and video the Lantern is usually covered in a force field and this prevents their image from being recorded to the point of facial recognition. The explanation doesn't have to be greatly detailed, just a simple comment from Flash or Batman on why Hal/John doesn't wear a mask and 30 seconds later the precedent is set.

The only changes I would make to the classic Flash look are to a) get rid of the all yellow boots and go with red boots with yellow highlights (such as the wings at the top and making the soles yellow), b) make the lightning bolts and eye wings a pattern in the suit, much like Captain America's ear wings were painted on, and c) give the entire suit a textural look similar to a mesh shirts worn by marathon and track runners.

No Caption Provided

For the Martian Manhunter this would probably be the best look to translate well to live action (thus not relying on a overly buff actor to play the role without a shirt the entire time) but would loss the cape as its not really necessary to his character. Would also change his powers enough to get rid of the Superman-copying. Reduce his telepathy (a simple explanation being that in the DC movie universe telepaths are overall not as powerful as their comic book counterparts and most intrusive mind scans and possible alteration requires direct physical contact) and telekinesis (maximum of 300 lbs or so), keeping his shape-shifting as is, and alter his malleability to be more like Mister Fantastics so even when shape-shifting his relative height and weight don't change too much (he can't become a fly or grow to a skyscraper for instance). He could still be stronger, faster, and more durable than a human (given his physiology) but nowhere near the levels of Superman and Wonder Woman (or even Aquaman if he's in the film).

Then of course you have the toss-up, do you go with Aquaman, Hawkgirl, or Cyborg.

No Caption Provided

My vote is for Aquaman because trying to rush Cyborg's introduction for a film would be a bad move (his rushed introduction simply to get him onto the Justice League in the new 52 was bad enough) and you already have two aliens and one human that operates in space so Hawkgirl brings nothing different to the table other than another female character and that could easily be filled by giving Amanda Waller a large presence in the film (which I think should happen regardless of the threat in order to establish her character and her views on the various heroes). Aquaman is a solid choice and if done right makes a good addition to the team, plus his solo title has really gotten a boost since the new 52. The picture I chose isn't of Orin, but I thought this would be a good look for a live action Aquaman rather than use the traditional suit (minus the sword, would stick with the trident) because it highlights two things about his character without him even needing to speak. First, that where he comes from still clings to its ancient heritage much like Wonder Woman and the Amazons and Themyscira. Second, that he's seen some action cause you don't wear armor for the hell of it. Add some gold shin guards similar in design to the forearm pieces and I think the suit could work. It doesn't need to look like a wetsuit or be streamlined because Atlantians, and especially Aquaman, are strong enough to swim at high speeds even in armor.

Power-wise you would obviously want to keep his telepathy and go with the version where it functions much like Martian Manhunters (a solo film could include the reasonable concept that all Atlanteans have low-level telepathy in order to communicate with each other underway, Aquaman's is simply stronger though he's not as powerful as the Martian Manhunter's) and his control of sea life is simply because of his status in Atlantis and the oceans, but I would also "atlantean magic" (combination hydrokinesis and electrokinesis) as seen in the Young Justice series. He wouldn't be as strong at it as we've seen with Aqualad (both Garth and Kaldur'ahm) or Mera but it would be an interesting twist to his character and give establish him as a nice "balanced" character......not as physically powerful as Superman and Wonder Woman (maybe limit his strength to around 20 tons), not as fast as Flash, not as telepathically strong as Martian Manhunter, not a powerful a long-range combatant as Green Lantern, and not as tactical or intelligent as Batman......he's kind of the centerpoint of the team because he can do a little of everything but all the other members have the edge in specialties.

Sorry, know the talk of powers got a bit off topic but some of it was to justify my costume choices.

i like this

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SandMan_

You really want this movie to happen huh?

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Captain13
    Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to give some credit to Wizard Magazine for updating Clark's look before anyone else, giving Bruce armor before Nolan did, infusing John with energy, and making Diana look like a warrior. Their concepts are not all hits, but they started heading in the right direction before anyone else. And Nolan and Snyder's costumes look similar to theirs.

No Caption Provided

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

of course he does. we all do.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

I don't...I guess I'm the minority.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@sandman_ said:

I don't...I guess I'm the minority.

may i ask why?

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

No Caption Provided

@supbatz: Like these?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Looks near-perfect to me. I could take of leave the yellow around the bat-symbol though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.