Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3324 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

What's the deal with Power Ring?

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm way behind on comics right now, but I just jumped onto Justice League at the start of the Amazo Virus story. From what I've gathered, Hal left the League because he's now in charge of the Green Lantern Corps. and instead there's a girl called Power Ring, who I'm assuming is the "First Lantern" or whatever, and used to be an actual power ring. Is that basically it? Also, how long ago did Hal leave the League (what issue number)?

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By SoA

power ring is actually the name of an alternate universe gl (who was evil) after being defeated the ring sought out its new host , it differs from the oan rings due to it being magical , its an evil entity trying to control its host, and if you gove into the ring the host slowly and painfully mutates into a hideous monster .

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soa: Ah, thank you. I just knew that the First Lantern was actually a ring, so then when I saw a Green Lantern-like character called "Power Ring" I just guessed she was this same ring in human form. This actually sounds far more interesting, since it most likely means that she'll eventually turn and the League will have to take her out. That probably means we'll see a Green Lantern returning to the team, although I'd put my money on it being Kyle rather than Hal, since Kyle just lost his White Lantern ring.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Hal left the league in the second arc because of a public brawl between him and Wonder Woman. The fight had opened the League up to public scrutiny. Hal blamed himself for the fight and decided to leave the JL and accepted full responsibility for the fight as reparations.

The Power Ring is traditionally an evil alternate universe version of GL who is possessed by the ring of the first Lantern Volthoom.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Jessica Cruz is the new Power Ring, and the JL's resident ringslinger. She gets the ring following the events of Forever Evil.

And the First Lantern, Volthoom, is actually just a dude. He's not a ring.

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

And the First Lantern, Volthoom, is actually just a dude. He's not a ring.

I guess I was misinformed then... not sure if I was being trolled or if they were just trying not to give me spoilers. Either way thanks for the info.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.