Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3320 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

'The Darkseid War' Adds New Developments in JUSTICE LEAGUE #43

• 128 results
    Avatar image for thebestofthebest
    ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@greenscar1990 said:

Realistically speaking, Pre-New 52 Anti-Monitor would own Darkseid. I can only hope that this will remain the same in this battle, as I always thought of Anti-Monitor to be on par with Galactus and other high-end cosmic entities. Where as Darkseid to be on par with Thanos. Powerful, yes, but against someone like Anti-Monitor or Galactus... they're WAY outclassed. Unless there's a HUGE plot-device in the form of an all-powerful weapon or something.

Indeed. The New 52 Darkseid is way ahead his Pre52 counter part. Tbh i do want Darkseid to win this war... and get the respect he deserves.

Note : The New 52 AM is the COIE AM him self but in standard level "Universal"

Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Pres_Superman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr. Negative Superman FTW

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

roaris87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poor Seattle

Avatar image for themanofsteelprime
    TheManofSteelPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here we go again with that "no sunlight, less powers" thing. Didn't Superman spend five days in the Earth's core benchpressing the entire weight of the Earth with no sleep, no food, no water and no sunlight? And all it costs him is a single drop of sweat. He even said he doesn't feel weakened and could go on for days.

So how come his powers are fading in Apokolips because there is no sunlight?

The problem with the writers, is they are not consistent with what they write. For Superman to be challenged, they have to weaken him. Come on, he's Superman! He is powerful! Let him face Darkseid and the Anti-Monitor, let him face titanic beings of myth that could match his powers. The writers need to think outside the box. They shouldn't make lame excuses like this "no sunlight, less powers crap".

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
    WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great art. Ok story ,I'm hoping the story picks up in the next few issues.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
    WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great art. Ok story ,I'm hoping the story picks up in the next few issues.

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@greenscar1990 said:

Realistically speaking, Pre-New 52 Anti-Monitor would own Darkseid. I can only hope that this will remain the same in this battle, as I always thought of Anti-Monitor to be on par with Galactus and other high-end cosmic entities. Where as Darkseid to be on par with Thanos. Powerful, yes, but against someone like Anti-Monitor or Galactus... they're WAY outclassed. Unless there's a HUGE plot-device in the form of an all-powerful weapon or something.

Indeed. The New 52 Darkseid is way ahead his Pre52 counter part. Tbh i do want Darkseid to win this war... and get the respect he deserves.

Note : The New 52 AM is the COIE AM him self but in standard level "Universal"

When Darkseid win I want him to be an inch from death, otherwise this fight would suck.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
    ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked up the Justice League when Darkseid War started and never regretted it. That said, this is totally a filler issue, with the battle underway, which is why I am never a really a good fan of splitting teams/storylines up so we spend half the issue going back and forth between them and not going anywhere. But Johns does a good job of not putting out issues without some movement to the plot at hand.

I used to not care for Geoff Johns, but damn is he good at times. And Fabok, he makes really beautiful people, but I agree with what someone else has said is that the faces of the male characters especially look rather same-y, but I don't care, he does a fantastic job.

mynameiswally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By mynameiswally

i don't like the art. i need some one who has a style similar to jim lees'. that's how it started and that's how i want it ti continue

deadpool25mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i don't like the art. i need some one who has a style similar to jim lees'. that's how it started and that's how i want it ti continue

You dont like Faboks art?! lol? I realy hope you're joking.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Whew, since the first issue this arc hasn't had much action...hope it picks up action wise. The developments have been interesting but I need some action.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here we go again with that "no sunlight, less powers" thing. Didn't Superman spend five days in the Earth's core benchpressing the entire weight of the Earth with no sleep, no food, no water and no sunlight? And all it costs him is a single drop of sweat. He even said he doesn't feel weakened and could go on for days.

So how come his powers are fading in Apokolips because there is no sunlight?

The problem with the writers, is they are not consistent with what they write. For Superman to be challenged, they have to weaken him. Come on, he's Superman! He is powerful! Let him face Darkseid and the Anti-Monitor, let him face titanic beings of myth that could match his powers. The writers need to think outside the box. They shouldn't make lame excuses like this "no sunlight, less powers crap".

I'm going to take it that something was put in the air to drain him as he mentions that the air is strange despite earlier saying that he has been on Apokalips before, Superman has retained his power for some time under a red sun and he would start to weaken as soon as if stepped indoors if lack of sunlight was the only issue.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Dextersinister
    @outside_85 said:
    @_andy_can said:

@outside_85 Darkseid has the ability to resurrect or reanimate anyone he pleases through the omega sanction or he can utilise advanced apokolips technology to bio-genetically engineer Steppenwolf back. Also don't forget Darkseid is a god

Ressurection is not part of his powerset unless he was the guy that originally killed the person in question. And lets not forget that he also failed at making a working clone of Batman.

Yes it is, he has used it throughout the years, he used it in the GDS to make mockeries after he awakened, he resurrected the one of the female furies after she had been killed, in Final Crisis it's why there where still other Apokaliptian New Gods despite him being the only survivor of the war

The clones where physically identical and that has nothing to do with resurrection, it was all to do with replicating his mind.

No Caption Provided

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Yes it is, he has used it throughout the years, he used it in the GDS to make mockeries after he awakened, he resurrected the one of the female furies after she had been killed, in Final Crisis it's why there where still other Apokaliptian New Gods despite him being the only survivor of the war

The clones where physically identical and that has nothing to do with resurrection, it was all to do with replicating his mind.

No it isn't. In GDS he created copies that only vaguely resembled the people he modeled them on.

And here comes the million dollar question: How did Lashina die?

See thats were you go wrong, Darkseid did not survive Death of the New Gods, Orion and the Source pretty well took care of that part. According to the Monitors Darkseid's body feel through a hole at the bottom of Creation, the hole Earth-1 is suspended above and stopping the Multiverse from collapsing into. What the New Gods of Apokolips did however was fly off as spirits and possessed various humans in order to survive. Darkseid however was the only one so toxic he had to replace his vessels regularly before they burnt out.

Btw, the way you lay it out is just confirming what I am saying: He can't resurrect people he hasn't personally killed, but he can copy them.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85:

No it isn't. In GDS he created copies that only vaguely resembled the people he modeled them on.

Of course, they where mockeries but shown to be just as powerful as the originals , if he made the real thing exact they would have turned on him, they also did contain the essence of the real characters as shown when Highfather freed Orion

And here comes the million dollar question: How did Lashina die?

Killed by Darkseid but he was also going to bring back members of the Suicide Squad to make up for the trouble they had as his guests but Waller didn't want that as she knew they would be under his control referencing the ability had been done to others in the past as well.

See thats were you go wrong, Darkseid did not survive Death of the New Gods, Orion and the Source pretty well took care of that part.

Death of the New gods was retconned by Final Crisis, Morrison wanted the New Gods left alone until he was finished but DC had other writers attempt to cash in which is why he states that other fights are just projections, also he never even died in it, his fate is off panel. The actual end of the New Gods was the inevitable war between the 2 that takes place off panel.

What the New Gods of Apokolips did however was fly off as spirits and possessed various humans in order to survive. Darkseid however was the only one so toxic he had to replace his vessels regularly before they burnt out.

Darkseid was stated to be the only survivor, he placed his servants in other bodies, the New Genesis gods did not end up in the bodies of homeless by accident, they where placed there by DS using the anti-life equation

Btw, the way you lay it out is just confirming what I am saying: He can't resurrect people he hasn't personally killed, but he can copy them.

That's a very odd stance, if he took it that way he could make multiple copies of the same person yet he only ever makes one, there are more examples, bringing Paraedemons back to life, bringing Orion back to life and other characters who he brings back to life off pane

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course, they where mockeries but shown to be just as powerful as the originals , if he made the real thing exact they would have turned on him, they also did contain the essence of the real characters as shown when Highfather freed Orion

Killed by Darkseid but he was also going to bring back members of the Suicide Squad to make up for the trouble they had as his guests but Waller didn't want that as she knew they would be under his control referencing the ability had been done to others in the past as well.

Death of the New gods was retconned by Final Crisis, Morrison wanted the New Gods left alone until he was finished but DC had other writers attempt to cash in which is why he states that other fights are just projections, also he never even died in it, his fate is off panel. The actual end of the New Gods was the inevitable war between the 2 that takes place off panel.

Darkseid was stated to be the only survivor, he placed his servants in other bodies, the New Genesis gods did not end up in the bodies of homeless by accident, they where placed there by DS using the anti-life equation

That's a very odd stance, if he took it that way he could make multiple copies of the same person yet he only ever makes one, there are more examples, bringing Paraedemons back to life, bringing Orion back to life and other characters who he brings back to life off pane

Considering how they more often than not relied on hit and run tactics, along with a Legion that had no idea what they were facing, I'll leave it an open question if the copies were as powerful as the real items. In regards to Orion's essence, considering he is Darkseid's son and how long he was fighting him, I wouldn't put it past Darkseid to have something like his essence to play around with.

Well, that just proves my point again that he can only actually do this with people he killed himself. That he wanted to do the same to the SS members... color me suspicious and thinking Waller is quite right, it wouldn't be the actual people, just something that looked like them.

It wasn't retconned, because there is nothing in Final Crisis that actually contradicts what happened in Death of the New Gods. Darkseid's body died in Death and it fell into the hole, his spirit fell to Earth along with Orion, who was then assassinated with the time-travelling radion bullet when he landed.

The Monitors, Death of the New Gods and pretty much everything we have on paper says otherwise. Darkseid's body died, but his spirit lived on in the form of Boss Darkside and later Dan Turpin.

The question is rather, out of all the people he's killed and resurrected; why would he ever want more than one? What use does he have for a second Lashina or Desaad? Bringing back parademons? I highly doubt he did that when they are so meaningless to him none of them ever get a name, and the throws them away on suicide missions with little to no gain by the hundreds. Orion? Considering how Orion is Darkseid's own executioner, and he knows that, I would assume he was sorely pressed to bring him back... or you've been reading the non-canon Darkseid vs Galactus story. As for the others who are off-panel resurrections... how do they count when you cant even be sure they aren't conventional clones like the Doomsday unit he sent to Themyscira as a distraction?

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hellsuperman is sweet (after he fell into the fire pit).

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Dextersinister

@outside_85:

Considering how they more often than not relied on hit and run tactics

They stated while fighting one that it was as strong as a Krptonian and they had scans which showed they the mockeries where members of there specific race, Krptonian and Guardian

Well, that just proves my point again that he can only actually do this with people he killed himself

He hadn't killed any of them, he wasn't even present for the battle.

It wasn't retconned

It was retconned, Morrison specifically told people to ignore it, that the actual fight between the New Gods was never witnessed by mortals. DOTNG has many contradictory things, the Source getting involved for one or even being sentient.

The Monitors, Death of the New Gods and pretty much everything we have on paper says otherwise. Darkseid's body died, but his spirit lived on in the form of Boss Darkside and later Dan Turpin

He didn't die, he is suffering from injuries all the way until the end of Final Crisis where he is removed from existence but still exists outside it.

and how could he even have died when we never see the actual battle which comes back to the idea of you saying nothing was contradicted

The question is rather, out of all the people he's killed and resurrected; why would he ever want more than one?

But that jumps to the assumptions that it's a clone and not a copy, which wouldn't be the case as it would bring up the unpleasant idea that Orion is just a copy.

Avatar image for aquamanisthebest
    AquamanIsTheBest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@kivatt: I 100% agree.

I miss Arthur

The only solicitation that even mentions his name is the one for the Flash "JL: Gods and Men" issue in October I believe

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They stated while fighting one that it was as strong as a Krptonian and they had scans which showed they the mockeries where members of there specific race, Krptonian and Guardian

He hadn't killed any of them, he wasn't even present for the battle.

It was retconned, Morrison specifically told people to ignore it, that the actual fight between the New Gods was never witnessed by mortals. DOTNG has many contradictory things, the Source getting involved for one or even being sentient.

He didn't die, he is suffering from injuries all the way until the end of Final Crisis where he is removed from existence but still exists outside it.

and how could he even have died when we never see the actual battle which comes back to the idea of you saying nothing was contradicted

But that jumps to the assumptions that it's a clone and not a copy, which wouldn't be the case as it would bring up the unpleasant idea that Orion is just a copy.

Being 'strong as a Kryptonian' is a dangerous line to use, mostly because all it is, is that line, with nothing else to back it up.

You just said he was the one who killed Lashina. Whenever he actually could bring the SS members back is only speculation.

Morrison telling people not to pay DotNG any attention is not a retcon, it's just him telling people it's not required reading to jump into Final Crisis. Not to mention his own refusal to speak of why the Apokoliptians were in human for FC just leaves the door wide open for anyone to tell a story; and so they did. And so DotNG tell us why Darksied is on Earth, why he's in a human body and why/how he finally managed to gain the elusive Anti-Life Equation he had been after for so long. btw, the Source has always been sentient, how else could it manifest to write messages to Highfather?

His body died, his spirit endured the same way Sauron survived his own bodily death on Numenor. Also we have this:

No Caption Provided

Darkseid's body did not fall to Earth like Orion did, someone would have found it in that case, but it did fall from the Fourth World and through the Multiverse, with his spirit simply getting off at the last stop, Earth-1, before the remains fell through the hole at the bottom.

Because that part is underlined within FC itself when Batman confronts him. He knows Darkseid suffered bodily death, hence why he now needed humans to host him, since he'd never reside within anything as weak as a human body unless he was desperate. Futhermore, he knows Darkseid is also already dying in spirit because of the wounds he suffered. Shooting him with the radion bullet just accelerated the process and forced him out of Turpin's body with the help of the Black Racer.

Where I again have to ask: When did Darkseid resurrect Orion? Because I dont think that happened in an in-canon setting.

HuiZe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By HuiZe

Holy sh*t!

That panel with Anti-Monitor and Darkseid is epic.

Need to get back to reading this.

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Klaus

I love how Wonder Woman is taking the lead. It actually makes sense. War is being waged between two of the most powerful beings in the Multiverse and Earth is caught in the middle. So it is logical for the God of War to lead the charge and help protect the planet just like she led all of Earth's heroes against Brainiac's forces. But I just hope we see her display those powers because as we learned in her solo title, she doesn't use the powers she gained when she became War. And I need a god-mode battle against Grail next issue. Heres hoping.

mynameiswally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadpool25mm: ok i don't ''hate'' it. it started with jim's art and id like it to continue with it. but, jim is an important person at dc and i understand that he doesn't have a lot of time to pencil for comics. i'm sure after a lot of reading i'll see what you see in fabok's art. have a nice day :)

deadpool25mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for darkscorpion_omega
    darkscorpion_omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@outside_85: Yeah I was wondering about that myself. Multiple versions? I'm behind on major events but this is the one I've been most looking forward too.

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks exciting...so many storylines and events but merge with each other in perfect correlation...im loving what they are doing with darkseid...he's quickly becoming the ultra powerful being he deserves...big fan...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.