Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3320 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

'The Darkseid War' Adds New Developments in JUSTICE LEAGUE #43

• 128 results
    kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@kivatt: the fact that he has no other reason not to be there, because he was with the team before this arc started.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@justice_teen: Maybe after getting defeated by a child in the name of Darkseid left Kalibak upset and shifted his perspective. In any case I'm more then happy to see any writer ignore what happened in that story.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@outside_85: He's a New God, they don't die easily, especially not one of Darksied's men. Not like the why really matters anyways, he's around and he's probably gonna have some really cool fights.

But die he did save in Johns' mind.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I honestly dont get the hype for this story, yeah it does have interesting concepts but those elements are the brain child of another creator(Morrison).

But this story itself doesn't have much substance outside of " ZOMG Darkseid vs Anti-monitor".

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you paid attention to Diana's narration of them being compared to Scylla and Charybdis, then it's hinted at who gets killed.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Have not enjoyed a Justice league story this much since the JLA days, Fabok gets better and better with each issue. That Darkseid/Anti Monitor face off spread was outstanding!

Avatar image for handofprometheus
    HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever said:

@outside_85: He's a New God, they don't die easily, especially not one of Darksied's men. Not like the why really matters anyways, he's around and he's probably gonna have some really cool fights.

But die he did save in Johns' mind.

Yet many of you guys forget that New Gods are always getting revived. Steppenwolf died one time and got revived by Desaad. Desaad died and Darkseid revived him. So most likely Steppenwolf got revived.

kivatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
    Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kritikalmassx: Ares and Steppenwolf should start a support group for characters who've been ripped in half.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@kritikalmassx: Ares and Steppenwolf should start a support group for characters who've been ripped in half.

Considering the fact that those two got ripped in half by F.I.S.S. characters (Brutaal and Sentry).

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone know exactly why Darksied and the Anti-Monitor are fighting?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yet many of you guys forget that New Gods are always getting revived. Steppenwolf died one time and got revived by Desaad. Desaad died and Darkseid revived him. So most likely Steppenwolf got revived.

Only when Darkseid was the one to kill them in the first place.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@outside_85: Darkseid came back though. They don't "die," they just sleep a long sleep.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I wonder if the survivors from the Crime Syndicate or Justice Society will join this fight? I mean the AM and Darkseid did destroy their respective Earths.

They definitely will. They have been teased too much for this event to not take part in it.

@azza04 said:

They certainly have Superman's place in a Justice League story nailed down now.

Removed from the main team: Check.

Remove a good portion of his powers: Check.

Superman goes bad: Check.

Indeed. Superman's story is completely cliche. And the "Negative look" looks more silly than cool.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From evil sunrays we get evil Superman, that is just ridiculous

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its not exactly clear yet. but there seems to be a back story there that left the anti monitor wanting revenge on darkseid

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no such thing as "evil sunrays" were ever mentioned.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I honestly dont get the hype for this story, yeah it does have interesting concepts but those elements are the brain child of another creator(Morrison).

But this story itself doesn't have much substance outside of " ZOMG Darkseid vs Anti-monitor".

Well, people are bashing Morrison's WW: Earth One because it DOESN'T have fight scenes(as he said in an interview). So figure how much fights mean to some.

Personally, I was more excited about the build-up. Issue 40 promised some very intriguing concepts, but the future solicits kinda killed my excitement. One of my main parts I loved in the interviews was that this was supposed to be a self-contained event. Yet now we see that the "second phase" will be full of one-shots to get the full story, and the cliches plaguing it has made me cautious.

This story has potential, but currently it is reminiscent of Johns latest work, first and last issue full of story that actually feel crammed and middle issues that have little to no effect and the actual effects are spoiled through solicits.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
    Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kritikalmassx: I can see a member now "uh... Hi, I'm Cletus.. And I was ripped in half"

Group "Hi Cletus!"

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@mark_stephen said:

its not exactly clear yet. but there seems to be a back story there that left the anti monitor wanting revenge on darkseid

Who doesn't want revenge on Darksied? :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get the art when DS and AM started fighting. Its like they both punched at each other but missed. It also feels a little early for them to be fighting.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow said:

Lex didn't know, he fought that they were normal sun energy but because it's in Apokolips, everything is evil (he did said this when he fought the slaves). This turned Superman into Evil Superman.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
    ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By ThEBeStOfTheBeST

If you paid attention to Diana's narration of them being compared to Scylla and Charybdis, then it's hinted at who gets killed.

Yep actually i did

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truth_teller said:
    @black_arrow said:

Lex didn't know, he fought that they were normal sun energy but because it's in Apokolips, everything is evil (he did said this when he fought the slaves). This turned Superman into Evil Superman.

We dont know if lex truly knows what he dropped superman into. So to just say something silly like "theyre evil sun rays" is just ridiculous .

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ive asked geoff johns, jason fabok, 2 DC editors and the writer that was writing Earth 2 at the time Steppenwolf died how he is still alive right now. Only the Earth 2 writer has replied so far. He said he had no idea how hes alive right now because he hasnt worked at DC for 2 years. When I get a reply, I will let everyone know.

WartyComb39498

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anybody else feel an eventual Batman vs Superman conflict leading up? Without spoiling it, batman is getting cocky, and is changing with his new found power... And superman might be getting in his way due to his change. And this supposed fight could do more in the story then just be a cheap fan pleasure.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
    HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever:

@jstndmnd said:

I'm hoping they will branch out with a New Gods comic after this which will primarily feature Mister Miracle.

Same here, I'd really love an Orion book.

That makes two of us. Walt Simonson's Orion book was among my favorite Pre-Flashpoint stories. I'd love to see someone like Grant Morrison do another one.

A Mister Miracle book would also be quite intriguing. Especially if he still has the Anti-Life Equation...

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azza04 said:

They certainly have Superman's place in a Justice League story nailed down now.

Removed from the main team: Check.

Remove a good portion of his powers: Check.

Superman goes bad: Check.

Indeed. Superman's story is completely cliche. And the "Negative look" looks more silly than cool.

All that's missing is Batman slapping Superman around. Guarantee it happens later.

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So what kind of work out has Darkseid been doing, because he beat by the JL and now he's back like on a different level.

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So what kind of work out has Darkseid been doing, because he beat by the JL and now he's back like on a different level.

He got pushed through a boom tube. I'd hardly call that getting beat by the JL.

Avatar image for handofprometheus
    HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truth_teller:

Ive asked geoff johns, jason fabok, 2 DC editors and the writer that was writing Earth 2 at the time Steppenwolf died how he is still alive right now. Only the Earth 2 writer has replied so far. He said he had no idea how hes alive right now because he hasnt worked at DC for 2 years. When I get a reply, I will let everyone know.

Hmmm....most likely he just got revived but at least your're onto it.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Darkseid came back though. They don't "die," they just sleep a long sleep.

It only took a company reboot.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
    unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@virgintroll: I suggest you remove the link before you get banned. It's against the rules to post things like that.

joaoanjos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really wish the Olympus got involved in this. And that Diana is treated like a true god. I mean, she is the goddes of WAR, and there's a war going on right there, that should power her up, right?

VirginTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
    unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
    ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Art is So awesome lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
    deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@rainja said:

While this issue and story has been very good. This saga raises a few questions regarding dc's continuity. Well johns did say, Dc was gojng to focus on good story telling rather than continiuty. Which is a good and bad thing. I mean, with the whole "Good" story telling aspect, i think some characters might get to shine or in some cases shine even more for a story. This will also means to a lot of contradictions if u have been following every story which some of us do. Anyways, i wish Dc well, i hope it goes the way they want it to.

DC chiefs made it clear that is loose continuity...you don't have to follow or make a retail quiltwith the chronology

mrBlonde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The page where Lex and Superman discover that there's no sunlight is brilliant. The fear in both their eyes is so realistic

skyroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Very interesting, and it's nice to know Diana pulling Metron out of his chair is actually was Metron's intentions, Metron is the one setting the whole war up. And what did he mean I'll soon be freed?

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Superman immediately start losing power because there was no sun light? Didn't he flew through a few black holes after being lost in space last year, wtf?

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#93  Edited By GreenScar1990

Realistically speaking, Pre-New 52 Anti-Monitor would own Darkseid. I can only hope that this will remain the same in this battle, as I always thought of Anti-Monitor to be on par with Galactus and other high-end cosmic entities. Where as Darkseid to be on par with Thanos. Powerful, yes, but against someone like Anti-Monitor or Galactus... they're WAY outclassed. Unless there's a HUGE plot-device in the form of an all-powerful weapon or something.

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:

So Superman immediately start losing power because there was no sun light? Didn't he flew through a few black holes after being lost in space last year, wtf?

You do know that there are stars in space right? So when he flew back through space from the black hole incident he was absorbing radiation from any and all stars nearby. But now he's in another dimension. Thats the difference.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By The_Kidd

@truth_teller: Yes, but since when does his powers fade so quickly when not under the sun? He couldn't even fly at the end of the issue and this is not the first time he went without the sun.

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:

@truth_teller: Yes, but since when does his powers fade so quickly when not under the sun? He couldn't even fly at the end of the issue and this is not the first time he went without the sun.

The error your making is in thinking that Apokolips atmosphere is the same as Supermans universe.

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
    cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truth_teller: you could be onto something, but even under a red sun it would be hours before he started losing powers. And he has had his powers in Apokolips before. But its all pre flashpoint so maybe things have changed, but seems more like a stupid plot device to me. I am sure down the line somone will write him tearing through enemies in Apokolips.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.