Should Batman Quit from JL?

#1 Posted by NYBreezy (603 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion, I don't even think he contributes much to the team. I don't even think they view him as a leader. I don't even think the team even respects him. Should Batman just stay in Gotham? Should Batman be removed from the New 52 JL books and only appear on his comics and mythology? Should he stay away from all the other character's books?

What do you guys think?

#2 Posted by Moul (1177 posts) - - Show Bio

@nybreezy: I think the New 52 JL sucks so badly. Batman is a leader, he's the stoic and pessimist human who watches the gods. There's an old latin phrase "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" that means "Who will guard the guardians?". The presence of Batman in the JL is one of the few things who make the team interesting, is the essence of DC philosophy. Without the dark knight they're just a bunch of overpowered characters.

PS: yes, Geoff Johns is an idiot who likes "super friends"

#3 Posted by NYBreezy (603 posts) - - Show Bio

@moul: That's probably true in Pre-New 52 but not now. I'm still very confused of why he is still there. I was more confused when Batman was able to use Diana's lasso because of their "emotional connection" when they barely tolerate each other and not even friends. Did something happen between the 5 year gap between them?

#4 Posted by RDClip (2792 posts) - - Show Bio

The JL needs Batsy. He pays the cable bill and keeps the watchtower fridge stocked with hot pockets.

#7 Posted by NYBreezy (603 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#8 Posted by Superguy1591 (7539 posts) - - Show Bio

@moul: you have no idea what you're talking about.

#9 Posted by kfabz-23 (6135 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by Superguy1591 (7539 posts) - - Show Bio

@nybreezy: This tired argument again? What has Flash done on the JL? Green Lantern? Batman is, not only the leader of the N52 JL, but Batman has done more in that book than any other character to this point.

Yes, Geoff doesn't write the book around Batman, but Batman is still the most central character in his run.

#11 Posted by Nerd Of A Hero (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Batman can just be a part-timer like the JLU cartoon since he's so focused on Gotham City and any other things that he needs to take care of. That way he doesn't lose that appeal. In fact, I think half of the leaguers came solves the situations themselves like Sup's, Cyborg & Flash and not have the rest stick around so much. So when the time comes when there's a ACTUALLY a big emergency like cosmic beings, secret society groups, or need additional help then Bats can jump in and play his role as the brains of the team. One of the reasons he's there is to keep an eye on the team while help sell there books since DC knows Bats is a cash-cow.

#12 Posted by Moul (1177 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by tec79 (177 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman departing and forming a new outsiders team would be interesting. Dick Grayson joining the league would be cool and keep a connection between the Bat family and the JL but would require a plausible solution and great execution.

Avatar image for cappricebeatscapamerica
#14 Posted by CapPricebeatsCapamerica (81 posts) - - Show Bio

@moul: I like that Latin phrase

#15 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

He should be replaced by somebody else. Mr Terrific, Ted Kord. Also replace Luthor with somebody else

#16 Posted by ScouterV (7764 posts) - - Show Bio

He should be replaced by somebody else. Mr Terrific, Ted Kord. Also replace Luthor with somebody else

Hush, Heratic!

#17 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

@scouterv: Never. Boot Batman, Lex, and Cyborg. Replace with Jaime Reyes, Animal Man, and Mr. Terrific

#18 Posted by ScouterV (7764 posts) - - Show Bio

@scouterv: Never. Boot Batman, Lex, and Cyborg. Replace with Jaime Reyes, Animal Man, and Mr. Terrific

Reyes replacing Cyborg...I actually wouldn't be too beat up over. Animal Man replacing Lex? Take that to Rotworld and leave it. Terrific replacing Batman?...Eh. Could actually be cool.

Still. Heretic.

#19 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

@scouterv: Lol. I threw AM in there to be random. Btw is Lex still even in the League? I sorta lost track after the whole Amazo virus stuff.

#20 Posted by ScouterV (7764 posts) - - Show Bio

@scouterv: Lol. I threw AM in there to be random. Btw is Lex still even in the League? I sorta lost track after the whole Amazo virus stuff.

As of Savage Dawn, yeah. He's still in the League. Superman still doesn't like it, and I doubt Batman does either, despite the fact he's taken something of a leadership role.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.