Martian Manhunter VS Cyborg: Who's the best JL member?

Avatar image for thecowwasdelirious
#1 Posted by thecowwasdelirious (1585 posts) - - Show Bio

John was in the Justice League before the New 52, and Cyborg took his place. Who fits best in the Justice League?

#2 Posted by Darktimecop (366 posts) - - Show Bio

Another one of these? Ok fine, I guess. The answer is unquestionably the martian Manhunter. He (was) the most frequent and necessary member of the various versions of the team and was considered the heart and soul of the justice league post crisis. Claims of him being too similar to superman are invalid as he is the otherworldly alien that superman isn't and has many abilities that make him distinct.

#3 Posted by Nighthawk_313 (191 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Martian Manhunter fits the JLA best. Look at what he brings to the table, telepathy, strength shape shifting. I also like cyborg, so why not put them both in the league and drop Aquaman.

#4 Posted by Darktimecop (366 posts) - - Show Bio

@nighthawk_313: I like cyborg too, but I think he fits better with the teen titans.

#5 Posted by RustyRoy (16610 posts) - - Show Bio

MM easily.

#6 Posted by Black_Arrow (10287 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for timelordscience
#7 Posted by TimeLordScience (1940 posts) - - Show Bio

J'onn.

#8 Edited by CrazyScarecrow (2312 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter of course.

The change with Cyborg and J'onn single handedly messed up the DC universe so much in my opinion. Taking J'onn away from the League took away the heart and soul of the team and probably the worthiest member of a team made of the world's best heroes. Cyborg being taken away from the Titans pretty much ruined everyone who was ever a Teen Titan. Nightwing never had a Titan team, Beast Boy didn't have his best friend, the second generation of sidekicks (Tim, Superboy, Cassie, Impulse) all didn't have their mentor. Cyborg was just such a big part of the Titans.

#9 Posted by Darktimecop (366 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by CrazyScarecrow (2312 posts) - - Show Bio

@darktimecop: There absence from their teams just make New 52 seem kinda like a neverending Elseworlds. I guess in a way that is pretty cool looking back on the pre- New 52 stuff as it gives us more of an appreciation for Martian Manhunter and Cyborg in their roles.

#11 Posted by Mrnoital (8148 posts) - - Show Bio

Manhunter

but I do think it's good Cyborg is on the team, it means the team has a true tech expert

Batman is good with tech, but I don't think he matches Cyborg

J'onns telepathic link was always huge, but They didn't have much of a tech guy before, maybe Mr Terrific but he shouldn't be in a limited member JL

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
#12 Edited by deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0 (11360 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are good!!!

I hope one day to see these two together in the team, it would be interesting to see the dynamics between the two and could do some stories contrasting the differences and similarities between their powers beyond what the team would be even more powerful

Avatar image for superlanternflashmanwing
#13 Posted by SuperLanternFlashManWing (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyborg brings diversity to the team but I like MM Better

#14 Posted by RustyRoy (16610 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Bezza (5019 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a question for "MMISBetterThanCyborg" Where is he?

MM of course

#16 Edited by JJ_Was_Here (513 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter has always been there. Seems wrong not to have him on the team, but I understand. They needed a tech guy, here's Cyborg. I think Cyborg and Martian Manhunter should be a team. Like the World's Finest or the Brave and the Bold. What would their title be? Hmm...The Fast and the Furious? No, that's taken. Mean and Green? Kind of corny. I GOT IT! MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP!

I'll leave it to the professionals, but that should be a thing.

#17 Posted by lamdaddy20 (1439 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter for sure. Cyborg was only introduced in the New 52 Justice League to introduce diversity (which i'm all for) but I really miss MM on the original 7

#18 Posted by johnny_blaze (1357 posts) - - Show Bio

Both of them bring something to the team. Simple as that.

#19 Posted by MadFacedKid (6596 posts) - - Show Bio

^.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
#20 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyborg, I think he's a better fit.
Plus John is in a very good place in the comics right now.

#21 Posted by SilverPool (4562 posts) - - Show Bio

MM.

I don't even like Cyborg as a JL member. I like him in TT, but he seems so out of place in JL.

#22 Posted by ui876will (522 posts) - - Show Bio

MM is a better character than Cyborg,but the Justice League needed a "Tech Guy",so Cyborg is that guy....

#23 Posted by ScouterV (7764 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both equally, so...

#24 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

MM. Replace Cyborg with Mr.Terrific, Jaime Reyes, and kick Batman off too. Replace him with Animal Man.

#25 Posted by SUNMAN (8588 posts) - - Show Bio

I always find MM super boring. If not Cyborg there are about 20 other heroes I'd replace him with

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.