Justice League Trailer Music - Rock vs Orchestral

Avatar image for kryptonianbawse
#1 Edited by KryptonianBAWSE (101 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know about many of you who liked the epic orchestral serious vibes from the previous DC movie trailers and soundtracks. Personally for me, I really loved the darker and serious tone we got which differs a lot from Marvel, and honestly I prefer serious epicness than comedic epicness. Not being a DC fan boy or anything, I love and respect both properties, but one thing that really bugged me was the new tone as I was not part of the fans who did not complain about the older films' dark tone. As you all may know, Zack Snyder has listened to the majority of the fans who wanted a lighter toned universe, so I don't blame him nor the studios.

A video captured my attention where someone edited the JL trailer and instead put in the old soundtracks from BvS and Man Of Steel which worked perfectly with the trailer, apart from the fact that the movie has a new approach to a lighter tone. Just wanted your guys thoughts on the contrast of the different music that conveys different tones and vibes.

Original Trailer

Rescored Version

I do not own both videos, each video belongs to their respective owners.

#2 Posted by KryptonianBAWSE (101 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry, start from 0:00 on the rescored version.

#3 Posted by adamTRMM (9235 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh I think the rock music is supposed to lay emphasis on the tone change. Kinda.

#4 Posted by Eto (5297 posts) - - Show Bio

@kryptonianbawse: I like darker toned movie as well, but bear in mind that dark doesnt necessarily mean better. As for the trailers, I think the first aka original one suits the trailer perfectly and actually better than the second one.

#5 Posted by KryptonianBAWSE (101 posts) - - Show Bio

@eto: The darker colors on Superman's suit wasn't something I really liked as well, but it was just the tone of things. I can relate more when things are a lot more realistic and dark but eh that's just me. I like depressing movies for some reason haha, which is why Logan is my favorite comic book movie.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#6 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (16521 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by KryptonianBAWSE (101 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness: Yeah I like how they've utilised the term "alien" with Superman, and created these weird technologies from Krypton. Superman's suit should be able to do more weird and cool stuff, like turning back when Superman is weak or something.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.