Justice League: Gods & Monsters - "Save or Rule?" Clip

Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
This video has an invalid file format.
00:00:00
Sorry, but you can't access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video

By clicking 'enter', you agree to Comic Vine's
Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

#1 Posted by Tommy_X (81 posts) - - Show Bio

This was a pretty decent film. Even if it wasn't anything mind blowing. It was certainly entertaining to be able to watch an animated and darker take on the DC trinity in a film where they're allowed to swear and use sexual innuendos too. But even so they kept it pretty tasteful. On the other hand the idea of "evil" Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman isn't really anything new by now so I'd give this film a solid 7/10

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
#2 Posted by StMichalofWilson (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

Rule those fools I say.

#3 Posted by HolySerpent (13762 posts) - - Show Bio

Good film but i hated the ending. Also I hated the way treated the new gods

#4 Posted by vasu12360 (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@holyserpent: that's what i liked the most...about how they treated the new gods

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
#5 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (9357 posts) - - Show Bio

@tommy_x: They were never evil. Just a bit darker. They wanted to save people they just didn't believe in kid gloves.

#6 Posted by Tommy_X (81 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardiandevil83: That's why I wrote "evil" because it kind of depends on where you stand. I'm all for superheroes using more force to put an end to supervillains once and for all but at some points this trinity went maybe a bit too far. Not to mention that they worked for the government and attacked whoever government pointed them at which is pretty questionable. But in the end I mainly meant that evil and/or darker and edgier, morally questionable Justice League has been done before so it's not really a groundbreaking idea.

#7 Posted by Incursion (1510 posts) - - Show Bio

Best superhero animated movie from DC in a looooooong time hope Bruce Timm sticks around for a while yet again

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
#8 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11692 posts) - - Show Bio

@tommy_x said:

This was a pretty decent film. Even if it wasn't anything mind blowing. It was certainly entertaining to be able to watch an animated and darker take on the DC trinity in a film where they're allowed to swear and use sexual innuendos too. But even so they kept it pretty tasteful. On the other hand the idea of "evil" Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman isn't really anything new by now so I'd give this film a solid 7/10

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
#10 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (9357 posts) - - Show Bio

@tommy_x: Yeah I understand. I think every major hero has gone dark at some point.

#11 Posted by NightFang3 (12364 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I hope it gets a squeal like Justice League: Gods and Monsters Chronicles.

#12 Posted by ThomasElliot (439 posts) - - Show Bio

I happen to like Elseworlds and alternate realities, so this was definitely up my alley. Yeah, some concepts about darker characters aren't new, but I like that they came up with all-new characterizations and did it through multi-media (web series, comic and full length film - that's pretty extensive to promote something that's going to be extremely different to the mainstream masses).

Thinking about:

• Crossover sequel where Earth Zero meets this group?
  • Does this new universe have its own designation? Earth
#13 Posted by Drache64 (1234 posts) - - Show Bio

I know it's late to say this... But I hate the costumes. All of them.

#15 Posted by Jonez_ (11470 posts) - - Show Bio

Good film but i hated the ending. Also I hated the way treated the new gods

The New Gods were perfect...

#16 Posted by Gotham331 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

Picking it up today. Got high hopes for Bruce Timm's return! Especially with killing joke coming?! DC Animation is on the comeback, I hope

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
#17 Posted by amazing_webhead (9904 posts) - - Show Bio

even in this dimension, Superman and Batman are the best of friends

#18 Edited by Tommy_X (81 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardiandevil83: Indeed. The 'evil twin' trope doesn't exist for nothing. And with JL especially we've seen both DC and even Marvel doing their own takes on that concept multiple times.

#19 Edited by stellar451 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

A 28 minute advert for dental implants for 53 second clip - srsly?

#20 Posted by tx12100 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys, Before we all start arguing, They announced a Second Season Of Gods And Monsters Chronicles Into a Full Season. So, The Second Season continues where the movie left off.

#21 Posted by Lurkero (507 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the new notes section. I never understood why Comicvine didn't have a method of putting more detailed descriptions to videos.

The look of Gods and Monsters still bothers me. I haven't seen the movie yet, but the recent shorts didn't manage to impress me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.