Justice League: Gods and Monsters by Bruce Timm (2015)

• 61 results
#51 Posted by RustyRoy (16610 posts) - - Show Bio

The DCAU won't be dead until Justice League Beyond ceases to exist, and seeing some of the stuff going on there lately...wow.

Just making it clear since I feel you'll blame Timm for JLB and BB 2.0, Timm is in no way involved in those series.

#52 Posted by entropy_aegis (20909 posts) - - Show Bio

He's worked on plenty of DC animated movies before (all of them except Flashpoint, War, Son of Batman, and the Arkham universe: Assault on Arkham) as well as Green Lantern TAS, so I doubt he will set it in the DCAU. Personally I hope he doesn't, I think it's about time people move on from that. Besides Dwayne McDuffie is the real reason why the DCAU was so good.

Dwayne showed up near the end,his contribution was great but Timm had a decade over him.

#53 Posted by DianaXKal (520 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: I'm not blaming anyone. I don't care about those books, I don't read them.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
#54 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainmarvel4ever said:

He's worked on plenty of DC animated movies before (all of them except Flashpoint, War, Son of Batman, and the Arkham universe: Assault on Arkham) as well as Green Lantern TAS, so I doubt he will set it in the DCAU. Personally I hope he doesn't, I think it's about time people move on from that. Besides Dwayne McDuffie is the real reason why the DCAU was so good.

Dwayne showed up near the end,his contribution was great but Timm had a decade over him.

I still respect Timm, and he is one of the best in the business, but to me McDuffie did more for the DCAU, and animation in general

#55 Posted by STELIOS23 (378 posts) - - Show Bio

If Bruce Timm is behind it, I'm pretty sure I won't like it.

@captain13: he was into her, but after the pig episode whe he tells her that he can't protect her(like he would need to?) it was a one dimensional, she wants him, but he's too cool for her.

Everything you posted happened pre-piggy episode, where Bruce basically told her no and she had to prove her worth.

Anyway, outside of beating Superman, name one fight Diana won in JL? She was nerfed, she never had a character moment like Superman's world made of cardboard or Batman.

I don't like Bruce Timm on JL because he doesn't deny his love for Batman, which is fine, he can do the Batman movies, but JL is supposed to showcase all 7.

NUFF SAID

#56 Edited by ndixit (94 posts) - - Show Bio

DCAU may not have done complete justice to Superman and Wonder Woman all the time, but to say that Bruce Timm only did justice to Batman in JL is incorrect. John Stewart and Shayera Hol got much more complex and emotional arcs over the course of JL/JLU then Batman ever got. Then there were great supporting characters like Green Arrow and Question that were introduced to the general public in a highly entertaining manner. Wally was possible one of the funniest and more likable cartoon characters and had possibly the most badass moment ever in a cartoon. As for Wonder Woman, she wasn't perfect, but she got some pretty cool moments of her own. I remember 'To Another Shore' where she gets poisoned but still manages to kick ass before she got an antidote.

#57 Posted by Claymore1998 (16541 posts) - - Show Bio
#58 Posted by MetalJimmor (6579 posts) - - Show Bio

I am excited. I loved Justice League and Unlimited so much. All the DCAU shows really.

I honestly can't understand why people would be upset over this. Watching it as a kid I never got the impression that Batman was a more important member of the team than anyone else. Sure, he had his crowning moments of awesome, but so did every other member. Even minor members like Aquaman, the Question, and Green Arrow who weren't in every episode got their time in the spotlight.

#59 Posted by ScouterV (7764 posts) - - Show Bio

...Curious why we're doing another Batman movie, but whatever.

I'm sure Gods and Monsters will be an entertaining outing.

Avatar image for tylerdurden7272
#60 Posted by TylerDurden7272 (1220 posts) - - Show Bio

@metaljimmor:

It's simple my friend (clears throat) people love to complain!

#61 Posted by 239461 (151 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunman: no it really doesn't reflect on the big 7

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.