Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3320 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Justice League gets new script?

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lilben42

There is a rumor that WB tossed out Will Beals script. Apparently the script is horrible and that the quality of the screenplay is why they couldn't get a good director. Which means different plot, different characters, hopefully they go with the original team. Read it here http://collider.com/justice-league-movie-script-scrapped-will-beall/

I think this is a good thing most likely, JL movie will probably be pushed back and a new and probably better writer.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#2  Edited By Black_Claw

Good, Gangster Squad was horrible and I can't imagine how Will Beals script would ruin this movie.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lilben42

@Black_Claw: I know for some reasom WB wanted to go with Will Beall i mean he has no experience. David Goyer is the way to go.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By UltimateSMfan

weve only seen goyer's batman,yet to see how he handled superman only after man of steel can we begin to guess wat type of JUSTICE LEAGUE movie he'd be able to write otherwise have a team of david goyer and any other writer who knos comics or reads them and loves them....Avengers was A-mazing...frgt the lead upto it iv met ppl who've not even seen the other marvel movies but they loved the avengers, The JL movie has huge potential they just need a good story.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OutlawRenegade

I'm sad that I have to wait longer for a Justice League movie, but I'm happy to know that the movie isn't guaranteed to be ****

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@lilben42 said:

@Black_Claw: I know for some reasom WB wanted to go with Will Beall i mean he has no experience. David Goyer is the way to go.

Yeah, especially since Man of Steel was Goyer's idea. He needs to be involved in Justice League! Just make it a direct sequel to Man of Steel.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Lvenger

Good. The last thing I want is a rushed, awful final product rather than a pushed back, better film. WB can take all the time they need as long as the Justice League film is good.

Avatar image for markus_langbourn
    Markus_Langbourn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Markus_Langbourn
    @Lvenger said:

Good. The last thing I want is a rushed, awful final product rather than a pushed back, better film. WB can take all the time they need as long as the Justice League film is good.

Agreed. 

Not to mention the idea of bringing the New Gods in was just insane.
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lvenger

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Lvenger said:

Agreed. Not to mention the idea of bringing the New Gods in was just insane.

It's no wonder given that this is the guy who wrote Gangsta Squad. That film plain sucked.

Markus_Langbourn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Markus_Langbourn
    @Lvenger said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Lvenger said:

It's no wonder given that this is the guy who wrote Gangsta Squad. That film plain sucked.

Never saw it. Sean Penn and the title meant a no-go for me :P 

Honestly, I still think taking a cue from Morrison and the animated series is best. White Martians. Not only do you get an easy intro with Martian Manhunter that way, but it allows for anyone else to arrive to save the Earth as well. 

No one really needs to see an origin for Wonder Woman, Flash or GL (since GL got one with the movie, canon or not, everyone knows the origin now), so just bringing them in as established heroes couldn't really hurt.
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lvenger

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Lvenger said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Lvenger said:

Never saw it. Sean Penn and the title meant a no-go for me :P Honestly, I still think taking a cue from Morrison and the animated series is best. White Martians. Not only do you get an easy intro with Martian Manhunter that way, but it allows for anyone else to arrive to save the Earth as well. No one really needs to see an origin for Wonder Woman, Flash or GL (since GL got one with the movie, canon or not, everyone knows the origin now), so just bringing them in as established heroes couldn't really hurt.

My main concern is how they introduce all the other characters like WW, Flash and GL. If they can't do solo films they have to encapsulate these characters' early days quickly in a film. As for MM, don't get me wrong I love the character and the White Martians story (comic book and animated form) but MM would be a tad overkill. I mean the guy's even more powerful than Superman and to the untrained eye of the non comic book fan will mostly be the same character. I'd be fine with just an MM cameo at the end.

Markus_Langbourn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Markus_Langbourn
    @Lvenger said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Lvenger said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Lvenger said:

Never saw it. Sean Penn and the title meant a no-go for me :P Honestly, I still think taking a cue from Morrison and the animated series is best. White Martians. Not only do you get an easy intro with Martian Manhunter that way, but it allows for anyone else to arrive to save the Earth as well. No one really needs to see an origin for Wonder Woman, Flash or GL (since GL got one with the movie, canon or not, everyone knows the origin now), so just bringing them in as established heroes couldn't really hurt.

My main concern is how they introduce all the other characters like WW, Flash and GL. If they can't do solo films they have to encapsulate these characters' early days quickly in a film. As for MM, don't get me wrong I love the character and the White Martians story (comic book and animated form) but MM would be a tad overkill. I mean the guy's even more powerful than Superman and to the untrained eye of the non comic book fan will mostly be the same character. I'd be fine with just an MM cameo at the end.

Understandable concerns, and I too agree that the Big Five would be ideal, the trouble is finding a threat for them. Most of Marvel's villains are fairly self-contained. Origin+Foe+Goal. But DC's tend to share their own mythology, the bigger ones at least. So it becomes Origin+LORE+Foe+Goal. DC lack a generic faceless entity like the Chitauri/Skrull to fight. An Injustice Gang would be too tough to pull off in a film, and short of Sinestro (and I imagine they'd want to distance themselves from the GL failure), they don't really have any established villains who could show up and pose a threat. Having 6 Superman films with a grand total of two big villains has really shot them in the foot, sadly. Not to have a go at Superman or even the films themselves, it's not their fault. 

The other option is a Justice Lords scenario with a mirrorverse invading. Not sure the actors would love that though.
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lvenger

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Lvenger said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Lvenger said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Lvenger said:

Understandable concerns, and I too agree that the Big Five would be ideal, the trouble is finding a threat for them. Most of Marvel's villains are fairly self-contained. Origin+Foe+Goal. But DC's tend to share their own mythology, the bigger ones at least. So it becomes Origin+LORE+Foe+Goal. DC lack a generic faceless entity like the Chitauri/Skrull to fight. An Injustice Gang would be too tough to pull off in a film, and short of Sinestro (and I imagine they'd want to distance themselves from the GL failure), they don't really have any established villains who could show up and pose a threat. Having 6 Superman films with a grand total of two big villains has really shot them in the foot, sadly. Not to have a go at Superman or even the films themselves, it's not their fault. The other option is a Justice Lords scenario with a mirrorverse invading. Not sure the actors would love that though.

All excellent points made though it might be a tad cliched for the actors to play evil versions of themselves rather than face a common threat. The only problem is what could cause that. DC have better cosmic villains than Marvel IMO but in light of the Avengers, it may seem like cheating to follow in Marvel's path. But then again what earth based threat could unit the JLA?

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By reignmaker

If this was tied to that half-baked, retro new-gods idea, I'm glad it's dead. Normal movie-goers would never accept that sh** as an opening movie.

Markus_Langbourn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Markus_Langbourn
    @Lvenger said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Lvenger said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Lvenger said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Lvenger said:

Understandable concerns, and I too agree that the Big Five would be ideal, the trouble is finding a threat for them. Most of Marvel's villains are fairly self-contained. Origin+Foe+Goal. But DC's tend to share their own mythology, the bigger ones at least. So it becomes Origin+LORE+Foe+Goal. DC lack a generic faceless entity like the Chitauri/Skrull to fight. An Injustice Gang would be too tough to pull off in a film, and short of Sinestro (and I imagine they'd want to distance themselves from the GL failure), they don't really have any established villains who could show up and pose a threat. Having 6 Superman films with a grand total of two big villains has really shot them in the foot, sadly. Not to have a go at Superman or even the films themselves, it's not their fault. The other option is a Justice Lords scenario with a mirrorverse invading. Not sure the actors would love that though.

All excellent points made though it might be a tad cliched for the actors to play evil versions of themselves rather than face a common threat. The only problem is what could cause that. DC have better cosmic villains than Marvel IMO but in light of the Avengers, it may seem like cheating to follow in Marvel's path. But then again what earth based threat could unit the JLA?

Oh, I agree completely that a big, common threat is preferable to mirrorverse bad guys, I'm just struggling to think of someone big enough. Superman's villains either fit in the "have lots of back story" area (Brainiac, Darkseid, Imperiex) or just not tough enough to be a threat to more than just Supes (Parasite, Kryptonite Man, Livewire). Honestly, the only villain that I can really think of is Mongul. 

Though Thanos looks even more like Mongul than he does Darkseid, so if Marvel get in first, then the comparisons will not bode well for DC from the general public.
    Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Aiden Cross

@Lvenger said:

Same here. Take all the time you need, just don't mess it up :O Though you can never make everyone happy

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lvenger

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Lvenger said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Lvenger said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Lvenger said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Lvenger said:

Oh, I agree completely that a big, common threat is preferable to mirrorverse bad guys, I'm just struggling to think of someone big enough. Superman's villains either fit in the "have lots of back story" area (Brainiac, Darkseid, Imperiex) or just not tough enough to be a threat to more than just Supes (Parasite, Kryptonite Man, Livewire). Honestly, the only villain that I can really think of is Mongul. Though Thanos looks even more like Mongul than he does Darkseid, so if Marvel get in first, then the comparisons will not bode well for DC from the general public.

Too true. Maybe Felix Faust, Doctor Destiny or Vandal Savage might make a feasible replacement villain.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lilben42

@Lvenger: I don't know about Doctor Destiny. I say Braniac and Amazo. Braniacs back story is easy to tell. With Amazo you could say Braniac has been studying Earths greatest heroes to make Amazo.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lvenger

@lilben42: Eh Brainiac is more of a Superman villain to me though I can see how he can be generalised to make a threat for the Justice League. I'd prefer a more traditional League villain though.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Captain13

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Lvenger said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Lvenger said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Lvenger said:

No Caption Provided

How about this?

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By evilvegeta74

I hope they work this out fast!

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By judasnixon

Maybe they can get Mark Millar to write a Script...... 

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FatihBATMAN

Good, dont rush that ish...

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lilben42

@judasnixon: Funny

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheHulk

Hulk don't it will work unless they make plot so it different from Avengers.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jphulk26

@Markus_Langbourn: MM is awesome, and should be given more respect. He needs a redo of his origin story. A first contact kind of story. As for JL script being bad, I said this ages ago. It was an obvious knee jerk reaction to Avengers. They need solo WW and Flash movies, then they can start thinking JL. Maybe they´ll get that through their thick heads now.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By lilben42

@jphulk26: Right, I like his new 52 costume.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By lilben42

@OutlawRenegade: The only problem with that is that he is involved with Man Of Steel at the moment. I really don't know any great writers that read comics.

@Lvenger: I really can't think of someone that would be great for a JL film.Despero is ok but I wanted someone like Darkseid except not Darkseid because he should be in the last.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.