Justice League Discussion Thread

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf470b432518
#1 Posted by deactivated-5bf470b432518 (5801 posts) - - Show Bio

Here we can discuss all Justice League related news and comics.

#3 Posted by Eto (5225 posts) - - Show Bio

Jimenez on art duties is such as delight!

#4 Posted by MightyKalEl (2206 posts) - - Show Bio

Sneak peak from JL #1.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/status/982389450444607488

#5 Posted by deactivated-5bf470b432518 (5801 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by deactivated-5bf470b432518 (5801 posts) - - Show Bio

Sneak peak from JL #1.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/status/982389450444607488

There isn't much to say but it looks interesting. Thanks for digging up some news, I couldn't find anything recent.

#7 Posted by Eto (5225 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
#8 Posted by ITouchedTheBoat (3367 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never understood the love Harley Quinn gets. She's so annoying. But I'm glad to see StarFire finally getting a serious team, and Wonder Woman gets to fill in a 'Superman' type of role for her own team.

#9 Posted by Eto (5225 posts) - - Show Bio

@itouchedtheboat: Well, personally I am a fan of Harley. HOWEVER, I am a fan of pre-New52/Rebirth Harley. I own the complete run of Gotham City Sirens. Would love to see a revival of that series (preferably written by legendary writer Paul friggin Dini).

Anyways, as for this JL.

I'm just glad I get to read Zatanna on a monthly basis.

So far we're getting:

- Justice League

- Justice League Dark (Zatanna :D)

- Justice Leauge (Darkseid What even...).

I'll give all three a shot though

#10 Posted by Lvenger (36335 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m more excited about the artists than the writer but the roster is cool and there’s definitely potential. Snyder can be a good fit to the book if he doesn’t go too far off track.

#11 Edited by MightyKalEl (2206 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't understand Harley's appeal either. She is annoying as hell and should not be in a serious team like this. I am excited to see Starfire interacting with Superman.

Looking forward to Justice League Dark, mainly because of Zatanna. I like her design and she is a cool character.

#12 Edited by ITouchedTheBoat (3367 posts) - - Show Bio

@eto said:

@itouchedtheboat: Well, personally I am a fan of Harley. HOWEVER, I am a fan of pre-New52/Rebirth Harley. I own the complete run of Gotham City Sirens. Would love to see a revival of that series (preferably written by legendary writer Paul friggin Dini).

Anyways, as for this JL.

So far we're getting:

- Justice League

yeah, I like the idea of such variety between the teams. Darkseid being in the Justice League is probably a build up for a very messy and beautiful story (I look forward to seeing him take back Apokolips like a boss). Also I like how the original Justice League books has the same line up as the cartoon (with a few additions)

#13 Edited by Eto (5225 posts) - - Show Bio

@eto said:

Anyways, as for this JL.

So far we're getting:

- Justice League

yeah, I like the idea of such variety between the teams. Darkseid being in the Justice League is probably a build up for a very messy and beautiful story (I look forward to seeing him take back Apokolips like a boss). Also I like how the original Justice League books has the same line up as the cartoon (with a few additions)

They should have removed Cyborg from JL and it would be perfect IMHO. (he's on JL Odyssey anyways).

#14 Posted by MightyKalEl (2206 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like one more JL title with Superman in it. He is only in the main title and even Cyborg and WW are in two JL books. As for Darkseid in JL, he isn't his grown up self in it. Apparently some changes happen to him at the end of his appearance in WW title.

#15 Posted by ITouchedTheBoat (3367 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like one more JL title with Superman in it. He is only in the main title and even Cyborg and WW are in two JL books. As for Darkseid in JL, he isn't his grown up self in it. Apparently some changes happen to him at the end of his appearance in WW title.

to be fair, Superman has 3 titles where he consistently appears. where WW and Cyborg only had 2 (now 3). I think it's a good idea to pull the breaks on so many Superman appearances because the writers might run out of ideas for him since he can be a difficult person to write about.

#16 Posted by ITouchedTheBoat (3367 posts) - - Show Bio

@eto: Cyborg is in a difficult place, because on one hand he shouldn't have been in the league at all (it's obvious why he was put there to begin with) because he's just not in that caliber, however on the other side he's too grown and mature of a character to be in the Teen Titans. Adding him and Starfire to the Titans with Donna, Richard, and Wally is the best idea, but Star fire being in the JL with WW is also great.

#17 Posted by deactivated-5bf470b432518 (5801 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol I'm not even posting news on my own thread. It's not much of an excuse but I don't have twitter so I have no idea what anyone there is posting.

@eto said:

Anyways, as for this JL.

So far we're getting:

- Justice League

I enjoyed GSS but it's painful to read now because of what DC has done to the character. TAS Harley is the best version of the character.

#18 Posted by Lvenger (36335 posts) - - Show Bio

Spoilers from Scott Snyder event at Fan Expo Dallas

• The Green Lanterns investigate The Source Wall in No Justice but seal it when its energies become too toxic and dangerous.
  • Justice League Odyssey deals with Yuga Khan, that's why Darkseid is on the team.
  • Justice League Dark is about the beings who created magic on Earth coming back to retake it.
  • The first issue of Justice League deals with the first thing that came through the Source Wall. It moves so fast it phases through time and Justice League One Million, The Monitor and Kamandi see it.
Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
#19 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (4466 posts) - - Show Bio

Extremely pumped for Snyder's run on this title. I've immensely enjoyed his work on Batman, Superman and Swamp Thing so i'm keen on diving into this whole new playground of his. Also really enjoyed Metal which was basically a 10 issue epic precursor to this run.

#20 Edited by TDK_1997 (18635 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I am hearing so far about these Justice League books it is sounding really good. I can't wait for Snyder's and Williamson's JL books, especially Odyssey.

I have one problem though, it's Tynion's JL Dark. Again he takes over a book and the premise he decides to take is about a person/organizations who comes back from the past to retake what is his or to test the capabilities of our protagonists. Does he have a fetish with long lost antagonists and plotlines or what?

#21 Posted by Eto (5225 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997: JLD has an awesome roster but the writer got me disappointed so much smh.

#22 Posted by TDK_1997 (18635 posts) - - Show Bio

@eto: Yeah, exactly. Like, Tynion can be a good writer when he wants to but that doesn't happen regularly and most of the times he uses his cheap gimmicks. I hope that isn't the case with Justice League Dark.

#23 Posted by entropy_aegis (20776 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Ugh and my interest in JLO just vanished altogether.

I firmly attribute Darkseid's downfall to Evanier and Yuga Khan. Everything traces back to that run and I hate Evaniers attempt at writing Darkseid, even his latest outing just a few months ago was atrocious so I refuse to accept his creation as a legit NG character.

#24 Posted by Lvenger (36335 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: The guy who wrote that Darkseid New Gods special not too long ago? Google says he's a Kirby biographer so beyond that I had no idea he wrote Darkseid further back than those specials. Ah I see what you mean now, Evanier created Yuga Khan. Also I wonder why Darkseid's look will change from the current Rebirth design to an MCU Ronan rip off.

#25 Posted by Black_Arrow (10248 posts) - - Show Bio

The Main Justice League title story sounds great, I will love to check it out.

#26 Posted by entropy_aegis (20776 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by tensor (8418 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by ITouchedTheBoat (3367 posts) - - Show Bio

@tensor: yeah Darkseid is in a justice league group. I think it's called Odyssey

he looks so different it's weird.

No Caption Provided

#29 Posted by MightyKalEl (2206 posts) - - Show Bio

July 2018 solicitations

* JUSTICE LEAGUE #3

John Stewart: Ultraviolet Lantern? Believe it! Under the influence of the Ultraviolet Spectrum, John Stewart engages in some ultraviolence against his teammates Flash, Wonder Woman and Aquaman. Meanwhile, the rest of the League investigates the scene of the fallen Source Wall fragment, and encounters not only a horde of giant monsters, but a pair of longtime archenemies using stolen Atom technology to literally get under their skin. Best to stock up on Cortizone for that sort of itch! All this and…the Turtle? Yep.

* JUSTICE LEAGUE #4

What is hidden in the darkest depths of the ocean and farthest reaches of space doesn't even compare to the insidious secrets buried in the pasts of Flash, Green Lantern, and Martian Manhunter! While the rest of the League battles to save their friends before all of reality unravels, the citizens of Earth make a startling decision…to join the Legion of Doom!

I am on my phone and cannot post the covers.

#30 Posted by Charan_ (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim Lee's variant for JL #1. Each issue's cover will focus on a member of the team.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JimLee/status/991650261901885441

Some teases from JL

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/status/991074626426957824/photo/1

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/status/984545813216022528

#31 Posted by JakeFuryV2 (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

Two issues into Snyder's run and honestly I am not sure how I feel so far. First issue was solid but issue 2 skips ahead and I thought the new John Stewart thing was kind of stupid and reminded me of why and when I dropped most of the Lantern titles. Hope its only temporary. Probably should have just waited for this in trade.

#32 Posted by JakeFuryV2 (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

Issue 3 is out next week!

#33 Posted by tensor (8418 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex shows why he is the Leader of the LOD. Good stuff

#34 Posted by Lvenger (36335 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice showing for Lex now he has time travel but this felt very filler ish.

#35 Posted by JakeFuryV2 (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I felt like issue 5 was the best issue so far. The first 4 issues have had a lot of big ideas but has been a bit confusing to be honest.

#36 Posted by JakeFuryV2 (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone check out JL Odyssey number 1?

I thought it was interesting. Cyborg and Starfire have good chemistry so far.

#37 Posted by Gracetrack (4629 posts) - - Show Bio

How about that Justice League issue 13? Joker showing Luthor what's what.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.