Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3337 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Is The Justice League Movie Happening Again?

• 58 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided

We've been waiting for a Justice League movie for some time now.  If Marvel (and FOX) could make three X-Men films, why can't Warner Bros. make a Justice League one?  The biggest hurtle, I would assume, would be getting the big characters together.  Despite Warners holding the rights to DC characters, they've always seemed to be tied into other franchises or deals that would prevent them from crossing over (like how we keep hearing that Bruce Wayne cannot appear on Smallville).

While there hasn't been an official announcement on a Justice League movie, the Hollywood Reporter made mention of it while discussing the possibility of Brad Pitt appearing in the sequel to Sherlock Holmes (even though the first has yet to be released).  In talking about the sequel, they reported the following:

The studio is poised to bring on Kieran and Michele Mulroney, the scribes who are penning its "Justice League: Mortal"  tentpole, to pen a draft of the new tale.

"Justice League: Mortal"?  Sounds a little heavy.  Also, the fact that it's mentioned as a "tentpole" movie would indicate that Warner Bros. (rightfully so) plans on it being a big summer movie.

Now a script is just a script.  I'm sure there are several Justice League scripts floating around.  With the recent move to form DC Entertainment, could we finally see some movement on this project.  Warner Bros. really should jump start this franchise to heat up the competition with the Marvel movies.  Is this little bit of news too good to be true?  What do you think the "Mortal" title is referring to?  What characters do you think they would include?  Would it be possible to include the big guns?
    badog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By badog

Hmmm sounds like its going to be animated

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @badog: If they're calling it a "tentpole" movie, that usually means a summer blockbuster.
    King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By King Quisling

Justice League: Mortal? They need to work on that title. 
     Maybe....  

Justice League: Finally!  
      or 
    JLA: Here Ya Go Fanboys!  
     or 

Justice: Just Trying to Keep Up With the Avengers movie.

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Moomin123

I hope it isn't animated. I want them to do it like the Avengers movie. First 1 hero, then another, then another and so on like that until all the heroes are ready. Then the JLA can begin. Here's a good idea on what it could be like. 

Green Lantern-Dark Knight sequel-Superman Returns sequel-Aquaman-Flash-Capt. Marvel-Green Arrow-Wonder Woman-Martian Manhunter. 

Or they could do the JLA like the original with Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman and Green Arrow. Then eventually, Batman and Superman join.
    Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Adam Michaels

If they plan to establish the characters individually first, then we got long ways to go folks. I would also advise them cutting down the Justice League to just a few members.
    Xion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Xion

Nice! I hope they get someone good for J'onn J'onz!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @Adam Michaels: Or maybe they'll do it like X-Men.  Just do the team movie and then they can branch out into spin-off sequels.
    Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Aronmorales

DC, your animated movies are top-notch; can't be beat, but PLEASE do this in live-action!

ryanwh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ryanwh

Well, a better comparison to JL is the Avengers. And what's happening there, obviously, is they're building up a preamble of movies that will lead into it. DC, on the other hand, has a bomb of a Superman movie and an alternate "no magic" universe Batman, and that's about it. Maybe it would be better to do like the comics did back in the day, make the Justice League movie FIRST, then see who's popular and give the popular kids their own movie later. Sort of the reverse of what Marvel's doing.  

Then again, that kind of thinking created Wolverine Origins, so maybe its not the best way to go about it.  
    I would like a Green Arrow movie, though, and I feel like with the right casting his character could break into public consciousness with a JL movie.

Ellocobruja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ellocobruja

Sounds like more useless "dark for no reason" crap
    Archetype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Archetype
    @Adam Michaels said:
    " If they plan to establish the characters individually first, then we got long ways to go folks. I would also advise them cutting down the Justice League to just a few members. "
    My thoughts exactly...

@G-Man:
    I do like this idea more especially for the lesser known characters Martian Manhunter, Captain Marvel, any of the Hawk people etc...because if they include the big three then they alone could pull in enough of an audience to get acquainted with the other characters.Not only that but they don't have to be individual movies I wouldn't mind some The Brave and The Bold style movies.
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bruce Vain

You know I was just thinking about when they were trying to do the JLA movie with the director of the Mad Max movies ; and was happy they didn't make that movie. I think the only thing good that was gonna come out of that was the person that they cast was Megan Gale. Who honestly does look like Wonder Woman. So I'm curious on why they wouldn't try to focus on a WW movie again and have her star in it. I mean she got the part for the JLA movie that they were trying to do, and she obviously did something right in the audition so I don't see why she couldn't do just a solo WW movie. Like I said this girl looks like WW : she has the height,the hair, the beauty & that smile - to me she looks like she was the model for Adam Hughes WW. 

Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Adam Michaels
    @G-Man:
    But the difference between X-Men and Justice League is that X-Men is a team first, individual heroes second. Justice League is the opposite: individual heroes with their own stories and villains first and a team second, just like Avengers. Not to say it can't be done the same way with JLA as in X-Men, but I think it's important you get some of your individual heroes established first and then giving them a reason to come together. X-Men didn't need a reason to come together, they already were together.

I wouldn't be against spin-offs or origins being told after the JLA film, but I believe that the main heroes of the team should be established first. And they are: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern. 

- Batman is already established. Maybe a third film can incorporate elements of a JLA team up in the future.
    - Green Lantern is in motion, so if they get it all together legally in time, they can incorporate the JLA team in the film. 
    - Superman might be an established character in the film world (not just in comics), but we need something to place him in this JLA team film continuity.  
    - Wonder Woman needs to get going as well. So far, there is nothing of it and I believe it's time there is. 

Once they are established, then I feel the JLA film can get going. They can add characters like Green Arrow and Martian Manhunter in the team and do their own spin-off films after JLA to explain their origins or just a film of a solo adventure of theirs.
    ryanwh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ryanwh
    @Adam Michaels: Don't forget Aquaman! :-D 

:-) 

:-(
    04nbod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By 04nbod

Justice League:Mortal was the one they almost filmed last year with the Happy Feet director

RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RaptorFratBoy

"Mortal" as a sub-title? I've honestly a spent a couple minutes trying to figure that out, and all I can really think of is maybe the villain(s) de-power the League, thus making them "mortal"...but that's as big a stretch if any.

I put the title in Google, and came-up with http://www.justiceleaguemovie.net, which is unofficial, but still has a release date of 2011 and it being Directed by George Miller. Again, it's a fan-site, and I'm sure it's all speculation, but the "Mortal" title for now has legs it seems...

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By gmanfromheck

Maybe they left off "Kombat" on the title?

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By goldenkey
    @Bruce Vain said:
    "You know I was just thinking about when they were trying to do the JLA movie with the director of the Mad Max movies ; and was happy they didn't make that movie. I think the only thing good that was gonna come out of that was the person that they cast was Megan Gale. Who honestly does look like Wonder Woman. So I'm curious on why they wouldn't try to focus on a WW movie again and have her star in it. I mean she got the part for the JLA movie that they were trying to do, and she obviously did something right in the audition so I don't see why she couldn't do just a solo WW movie. Like I said this girl looks like WW : she has the height,the hair, the beauty & that smile - to me she looks like she was the model for Adam Hughes WW. 

"

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By goldenkey

I still want to see Supermax.  Something about that story just sounds sick.  I keep hearing that there is a script of it online somewhere.  Does anyone know where to find it????
    johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By johnny_spam

Sounds like they listed dated information so far Warner bros and DC have yet to say anything solid about the JLA film. I wouldn't put much thought in this.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AngelFrost

I've seen the cast and they all look fantastic.  :D
    Megan Gale would look stunning as Wonder Woman.

I hope the movie happens.

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By Mbecks14

i;m not getting my hopes up

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @Bruce Vain: Megan Gale would make the perfect WW as far as looks, but can she act? Could she carry a WW movie? I think a WW solo movie would work best if it was spun off from the JLA movie. 

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Bruce Vain
    @Gambler:
    Well we don't know , but like I said she must've down something right to get the part when they were gonna do the JLA movie a while back. I've always prefered unknowns for my superhero movies.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @Bruce Vain: Its always cool when an unknown actor/actress blows up with a popular role. She certainly has the look.
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Bruce Vain
    @Gambler:
    Exactly.A good example is Hugh Jackman ,Christopher Reeve , & in a way Christian Bale too.
    konshu101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By konshu101

This would be cool if it eventualy came to pass. It's about time we got some more DC characters on the big screen. Reckon a JLA movie would be just the ticket. I don't care how long I have to wait for this, it has to happen at some point. (fingers crossed)
    Avatar image for emerald_warrior
    Emerald Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Emerald Warrior
      "If Marvel (and FOX) could make three X-Men films, why can't Warner Bros. make a Justice League one? " uh, i dunno maybe because in a JLA movie they'd actually have to be respectful of the source material, as opposed to the crap we got on the X-men movies, where accuracy and respect to the comics were the most absent elements in the script?!
    WAKE UP PEOPLE! JLA movie?! NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!  The characters are TOO BIG AND ICONIC for hollywood (Avengers, sure... no icons there, it's easy...but JLA? NO WAY)

And if a JL movie ever-- EVER-- happens, it's gonna suck by all accounts, maybe with a roster as pathetic as the one from the JLA series pilot from the 90's! -sigh- and yes, im a JL fan as well...
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29  Edited By FoxxFireArt

What I see as the biggest obstacle to making a Justice League movie. The team, over all, is so powerful, what evil force do you possibly create for them to battle. When you do teams of super heroes, making live action movies seems difficult. It seems to work better in animation.

Yes, there were the X-Men movies, but it was easier there since their opponents were also mutants. With teams like Avengers and Justice League. Everyone has different powers from different sources. That's a lot of exposition to fit into a two hour film.
    I'm very interested to see who they have for the Avengers movie.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By MrDirector786

I hope they make one soon. This has been going on way too long.

SuperXAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#31  Edited By SuperXAsh

probably something stupid like stripping all the super-powered characters of their powers (thus making them "easier to relate to... like Batman") OR from the perspective of an average citizen. 

e_e WB should stick to FINALLY making movies about the solo characters, (Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, etc.) establishing them, then maybe make a JLA movie after it's all said and done.  It's the only thing that would make sense to do with such BIG freakin' characters.  

Finding a worthy Villain shouldn't be hard... there are plenty that can take on the JLA. Darkseid, Doomsday, Despero, Brainiac, White Martians, or even Starro the Star Conqueror.

Course, this all wouldn't have been a problem if WB hadn't waited so damn long to get this ball rolling and pretty much sat on their asses while Marvel dominated the superhero film genre. 

It's pretty f'n pathetic that the ONLY other superhero movie that they've been able to make, outside of Superman and Batman... was freakin' Catwoman. CATWOMAN got a movie over the Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, and many other MORE worthy characters. Hell Aquaman's more of a worthy character for a movie when compared to the "Catwoman" we got in that stupid stupid movie.
    SuperXAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#32  Edited By SuperXAsh
    @Emerald Warrior said:
    "  "If Marvel (and FOX) could make three X-Men films, why can't Warner Bros. make a Justice League one? " uh, i dunno maybe because in a JLA movie they'd actually have to be respectful of the source material, as opposed to the crap we got on the X-men movies, where accuracy and respect to the comics were the most absent elements in the script?! WAKE UP PEOPLE! JLA movie?! NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!  The characters are TOO BIG AND ICONIC for hollywood (Avengers, sure... no icons there, it's easy...but JLA? NO WAY)  And if a JL movie ever-- EVER-- happens, it's gonna suck by all accounts, maybe with a roster as pathetic as the one from the JLA series pilot from the 90's! -sigh- and yes, im a JL fan as well... "

So... uhhh... Captain America, Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man aren't iconic???? e_O Then how the hell did they last this long in comic books??? 

My beef with the idea of a JLA movie is that they (Warner Brothers) seemingly hope to cram so many characters, who are from different comics, backgrounds, etc. into ONE movie right off the bat. The reason why X-Men transitioned relatively well to movies (relatively...) is that all the characters were (more or less) created and introduced in the pages of the X-Men comics. Sole exception being Wolverine, but he got developed in the X-Men comics. Whereas the JLA had characters who had already done alotta things on their own before coming together into a group. PLUS they don't come with the film easy "just born that way into a world that hates and fears them", (again... sole exception at times being Wolverine) you don't really need to explain all of their origins like you would need to with the JLA... they're characters who have big iconic origins that would need to be given proper tellings (aka: their own movies) instead of just CRAMMED into a movie with other notable characters of iconic stature. 

It's not that it CAN'T be done... it's just that it can be handled much better than what they're seemingly planning.
    spiderpigbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By spiderpigbart
    @Moomin123 said:
    " I hope it isn't animated. I want them to do it like the Avengers movie. First 1 hero, then another, then another and so on like that until all the heroes are ready. Then the JLA can begin. Here's a good idea on what it could be like.  Green Lantern-Dark Knight sequel-Superman Returns sequel-Aquaman-Flash-Capt. Marvel-Green Arrow-Wonder Woman-Martian Manhunter.  Or they could do the JLA like the original with Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman and Green Arrow. Then eventually, Batman and Superman join. "
    Avatar image for anderson__agent_of_smith
    Anderson: Agent of SMITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the whole "Mortal" bit is so that they can differentiate between scripts. There migt be a "Jusice League: Donut" floating around. Doesn't mean that's what it'll be called.
    Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By Calvin
    @G-Man:  

The latest...

According to Silver, who would be in the know, Justice League has been 'tabled.'

That means a lot of you can breathe a sigh of relief; while 'tabled' doesn't mean the film is officially canceled, it's likely that it won't be happening any time soon, and likely without that cast.

Fake Shemp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Fake Shemp

Ugh, no thank you!  I REALLY don't want a Justice League movie until we've already seen Wonder Woman, Flash, and Green Lantern on the big screen (I don't mind them saving slightly less popular/movie-ish characters like Martian Manhunter and Aquaman for the JLA movie, though).  If that means we have to wait another few years, then so be it.

Dark Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37  Edited By Dark Cell

Hope its a similar line up to the cartoons
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#38  Edited By NightFang3

I wait to see this movie but only if its done right.

bigmoneyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By bigmoneyb

as long as john stewart is the green lantern in the flim idc lol

TheBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheBug

Before WB even starts thinking about a JL movie, they need to get more movie franchises out there. I mean come on, they can't even get Superman rolling.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @Bruce Vain said:
    "@Gambler: Exactly.A good example is Hugh Jackman ,Christopher Reeve , & in a way Christian Bale too. "
    I think people would of had to have been hiding under a rock not to have known of Christain Bale before he did Batman.
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Bruce Vain
    @Gambler said:
    "@Bruce Vain said:
    "@Gambler: Exactly.A good example is Hugh Jackman ,Christopher Reeve , & in a way Christian Bale too. "
    I think people would of had to have been hiding under a rock not to have known of Christain Bale before he did Batman. "

You'd be surprise on how many people didn't know who he was. Back in '05 when people asked me who the new Batman was. I would tell them, and they didn't know who he was. So I named off 2 of his well known movies( American Psycho - Equalilbrium) and they still didn't know he was cause they never saw or heard of those movies. Bale purposely stayed under the radar until he did Batman & that was gonna be impossible to do now.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @Bruce Vain: What about Emperor of the Sun?
    Avatar image for phantom_crusader
    Phantom Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Phantom Crusader

he was a kid then, doesn't count lol

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Bruce Vain
    @Gambler:
    Not even that one my friend, cause I even threw that one in there too.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @Bruce Vain said:
    "@Gambler: Not even that one my friend, cause I even threw that one in there too. "
    Thats actually kind of sad lol. Maybe I just watch to much t.v.
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Media_Master

Good to here that it could still happen or not...

Pheeke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Pheeke

God save the comics!

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Bruce Vain
    @Gambler:
    Lol yes it is sad. If you watch too much tv then I watch too much tv as well . lol
    deactivated-579fe0ae58107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 304

User Lists: 27

I just re-watched the "Justice" episode of Smallville the other night. I'd prefer a Magnificent Seven JLA movie. But, anything goes until I'm sitting in a theatre and the credits on one roll.   

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.