Five Big Developments from JUSTICE LEAGUE #44 - Darkseid War

• 100 results
Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
#101 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (4713 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: I do like what Johns did with New 52 Billy Batson as well and it could have been worse but I know someone who has written about how what Johns did to retcon Billy ruined the magic and appeal that Captain Marvel had originally. That might have been too high a cost in the stead of Johns making Captain Marvel hip and relevant to modern times with a new attitude and a new name.

I completely see there point of view. But in all reality people didn't care about that character anymore and hadn't in years. It wasn't just his decision it was everyone at DC as a whole to change and revamp the character completely including the name.

The only writer capable of working with that classic take of CM is Morrison as we so saw so prevalently in the master piece that was Thunder World.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.