Earth 2 The Gathering Review | First Gay Superhero

#1 Posted by deffinition1 (118 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League Origin was the perfect way to kick off the New 52. If you’ve read my recent review on the graphic novel then you know that I thought the pacing, action and artwork were sublime. It scored a perfect 10/10 ranking it as one of DC’s best in my opinion. Everyone got to be a hero and the day was saved.

But what if that never happened?

What if every hero died that day?

That’s the question that Earth 2 The Gathering is here to pose. Using the multiverse as their conceptual platform, DC have posed the question ‘what if the Justice League all died saving Earth from the clutches of Darkseid?’

This book is also known for producing the first gay superhero, Alan Grant: Green Lantern. How has that motif endured today?

I’m a huge fan of The Injustice series and tend to applaud it whenever the creative team do something out of the ordinary and unexpected. That’s why I’m really excited for Earth 2. It holds a wealth of potential.

But will it deliver on it? That’s another question! (More questions in my intro than ever)

Check out my full thoughts on the book below

Earth 2 The Gathering Review

Cheers

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
#2 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (18062 posts) - - Show Bio

The first gay superhero? Alan Grant?

Justice League Origin being a 10? What madness is this?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.