Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3320 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Crisis on New Genesis: Is This the 'Justice League' Movie Plot?

• 88 results
    Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
    Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This has fail written all over it. I hope I'm wrong but I think they are rushing this movie. Darkseid is one of my favorite villains of all time along with Thanos.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#52  Edited By Lvenger

This is far too ambitious to do for a Justice League movie. Even without the Earth 2 heroes, you still have the New Gods and the Apokolyptian gods too. Warner Bros can't seriously think of doing this in the film. There are just too many things that can go wrong. Not a good idea I have to say and not a fan of this brilliant story getting turned into a film.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#53  Edited By turoksonofstone

The Orion costume from the actual Arc is hideous garbage.

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By RedQueen

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

It. Is. Official. I have totally lost faith in this movie. I believe Man of Steel will be a fantastically epic movie, but as for Justice League? Yes all hope I had has now been shot clean out the window, hit by a bus, and crushed by a steam roller.

There is NO WAY this can end well. They are literally throwing a team together with characters that are basically strangers to us. Yes because without movies to give backstory to them, whatever Flash, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern in the movie will be strangers because without backstory we will have no idea what their story is or how it differs from what we have seen in the comics.

Any adaptation needs to be able to stand on it's own and having a movie with seven main characters when we've only got to see ONE of them in a solo movie, Superman in this case, is setting up for failure.

Now I could be proven wrong, it wouldn't be the first time, but as of now I do not think I am. The New Gods are too similar to what they did in Thor's movie as the classic Kirby designs reigned supreme in that movie for the design of Asgard. The New Gods have ALWAYS been Kirby designed and Darkseid while a totally different character than Thanos does share many cosmetic similarities and would no doubt be panned for being a Thanos rip off by the general movie goer/

Pretty much my sentiments. Although hopefully, they will be using the Crisis on New Genesis as inspiration only, and not a copy and paste effort. I mean, how can all those characters, the majority of which the "lay" audience would never have heard of, be introduced in the space of 2 hours with a meaningful plot e.t.c. It's really pushing it DC. Darkseid I didn't mind, Apokolips..fine. But the New Gods and New Genesis. That's a heck of a lot for the audience to take in in one sitting.

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By feargalr

Tbh I think starting with Darkseid is fine, he's evil and very powerful, and I'm pretty sure whatever Darkseid we see on screen will be a different to the guy in the comics.

I'm more concerned with how they plan to do so much in one movie, I mean a lot of the reason the Avengers worked was because of the other movies leading into it. But people are used to seeing Batman fight the mob, and villains you could actually see as real, while people are used to watching Superman fight aliens and just generally be fairly science fiction based. I think the Justice League movie could have a lot of problems reconciling the gritty real world with science fiction and magic.

I don't think Thor gets enough credit for that, and without Thor I'm not sure the Avengers would have worked as well as it did because it wouldn't have made sense to have gods and all the crazy good stuff in the world of Iron Man or even Cap (to a lesser extent, but still) but with the small links of SHIELD and Agent Coulson playing across the different movies, it made it possible.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By MAZAHS117

This could def work with a few alterations as mention in the last paragraph of this article. I still STRONGLY feel WB/DC should be planting seeds to at least make mention that there are other heroes in the world besides Supes and Bats that will be needed to handle this crisis, instead of just puting all these iconic characters together without any build up.

GolDEnsPectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By GolDEnsPectre

@SHAZAM117:Yeah that's very true. I heard that they are planning for Wonder Woman to have a cameo in the Man of Steel. But, in order to have a good movie like the Avengers, I don't think they should rush the process of this film. That being said, I believe that Wonder Woman should have her own movie after the cameo and introduce other characters like: Big Barda and the New Gods, since WW,herself, is practically a god.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By MAZAHS117

@GolDEnsPectre...agreed. I've always felt each member of DC's holy Trinity should have at least their own solo film before the League debuts on the big screen. A WW movie is a must imo and could perfectly setup the story line like this

Superbat420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Superbat420

Do you guys really think power girl will be involved? Your crazy and delusional

namtabmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By namtabmi

Don't like.

Seems like they've picked a "good comic book story" which won't translate well into movie -- especially an "origin" movie.

If they base it on this story they'll have to drop 90% of the content...multiple universes, the new gods, justice society shouldn't make it into the movie-verse.

Up till now I've been thinking they're going to ruin it...this just adds to it.

EDIT -- I'd like to add...I want this movie to be amazing, but I don't see it happening.

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#61  Edited By Mbecks14

I really like the New Gods and stuff, but trying to stuff all that Mythology into one movie, let alone the FIRST movie? Not a good call. It'd be way too distracting from the Justice League itself. I don't think Darkseid is a good call. Not for a first movie.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62  Edited By EdBlank

I find it hard to believe that they are so thirsty for a story that they would use this. This is coming from a guy who has only basic knowledge of JSA, New Gods etc but even this recap bored the crap out of me. I couldn't read the whole thing. Trust me: no one wants a bunch of complicated nebulous dimension jumping and tearing through the fabric of reality. The whole idea that they would come all the way to Earth to find someone to help is just trite. The best way to go would be for the villians on Earth to start working together, then each hero would be drawn into the fray becuase they were tracking their villian (ie Joker is involved so Batman is right on his heels etc).

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By colonyofcells

Dc needs to start with Darkseid bec. the Justice League has to start with the best. The Green Lantern movie made the mistake of not starting with Sinestro. Should be ok to use Superman and Batman to promote Green Lantern, Flash and Wonder Woman. Transformers 1 movie started with just 5 Autobots.

Spideycap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Spideycap

@Captain13 said:

@StMichalofWilson said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

This sounds perfect! Make it so, Warner Bros! Prove the haters wrong like you did with The Dark Knight

No Caption Provided

This

^

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By colonyofcells

When Transformers 1 movie started, none of the 5 Autobots were well known. The 8 Decepticons used in the first movie were also not well known. Justice League with 5 super heroes vs Darkseid, Granny, Mantis, Kalibak, Kanto, Bedlam, Desaad, etc. should be ok.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a8cea74082a2
    deactivated-5a8cea74082a2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that the crisis on new genesis may be too much for a movie audience to take in. Not to mention Darkseid is a little too similar to Thanos. I think the best story arch for a justice league movie would be the Tower of Babel story arch. It would really give an internal conflict in the league as well as introduce a new batman to the movie verse. And if DC wants to make the characters more relatable then showing their weaknesses and making them more human would help make them more relatable. I guess a backup would be brainiac as a villain.

irmensul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By irmensul

This is an awesome article..one of my favourite comics two parters (i think it was two issues anyway) perez drew the 2nd one..love Orions costume here lol

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By colonyofcells

It was a 3 parter. Dick Dillin drew part 1 before he died. The Orion costume is from the bronze age New Gods revival drawn by Don Newton. Part 2 and part 3 were drawn by George Perez. After the cancellation of the New Gods comic, they continued in the dollar size Adventure comics where Darkseid died. The 3 parter is about resurrecting the dead Darkseid.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Video_Martian

Don't like this...

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
    WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By WaveMotionCannon
    @MrNoFear
    I am really hoping Darkseid isn't the main villain. More than any other villain, Darkseid NEEDS to be built up too. Works better that way. Hollywood is a game a sequels. Now who could possibly be a threat to the JL if they have already beaten DARKSEID? THINK this out WB. Give us a more personal threat. Bring us the L.O.D/ The Light (Young Justice)
    @MrNoFear This.
    Also that Firestorm funneling the OF is box office gold. ;)
    LiamB8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#71  Edited By LiamB8
    @Spideycap said:

@Captain13 said:

@StMichalofWilson said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

This sounds perfect! Make it so, Warner Bros! Prove the haters wrong like you did with The Dark Knight

No Caption Provided

This

^

quote, quote, quote.
    colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By colonyofcells

After Darkseid, my suggestions for 2nd movie and later movies are : Dominators+Legion of Super Villains (reboot into 21st century so no time travel needed), Crime Syndicate on the main earth so no dimensional travel needed.

hushicho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#73  Edited By hushicho

The 'Crisis on New Genesis' story was one of the best of the Justice League title's history, in my opinion. However, I think it would require too much to be changed in order to make it a viable stand-alone film. I don't think that necessarily makes it impossible that they would do it, but if they do, it will not turn out well. It's not a story that was meant to stand alone in and of itself, because it was one of the exciting regular JLA-JSA crossovers...very much something made to appeal to the fans. To take it out of context and pare it down to only a handful of JLA members would rob it of significant thrill and largely of meaning.

It would also be necessary for the story to involve the New Gods, at least to some extent, and that also would seem to make it even more unlikely; with a 2-2.5-hour limit for most films of this type, that would just complicate the story more than a casual audience is ready to attempt to understand. And if they don't, it will just make the story seem flimsy and incoherent, or rely too much on what will seem to a casual audience to be endless deus ex machina.

It's an interesting possibility, and I'm really glad this story was brought up because I hope it will encourage people to read it who never have before, but as far as it being a great basis for the upcoming film, I can't agree. I hope not, at least, because I think it would not adapt well, especially with the requisite changes that would need to be in the story.

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By JamDamage

there will be waaaay to many characters at first to deal with. The JLA, and then all the new Gods. Not a good idea.

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#75  Edited By RedOwl_1

I haven't read it, but sounds like a really cool story.... a COMIC BOOK story. I don't think It would be a good MOVIE story, sounds kinda complex to a newbie to understand and translate it could be pretty tricky, I hope I REALLY hope this movie is going to be 'barely based' on it.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#76  Edited By Yung ANcient One

I wanted to read this, I tried to read this, but I don't care.

The heroes were brought to New Genesis because the evil planet Apokolips has kidnapped the entire population and turned them into mindless slaves. They find out that Darkseid had been killed by Orion (secretly Darkseid's son) when Darkseid was trying to pierce the forbidden final barrier to gain ultimate knowledge. No one knows who is behind the kidnapping with Darkseid gone. They soon discover that Darkseid has been brought back from death.

I made it this far. XP

(+)

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By moywar700

@bloggerboy said:

This is really ambitious, I can only praise it because of that. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and we'll have good writing.

Has it been confirmed the JL movie will be an origin story? With New Gods involved it would make more sense to introduce the League in the beginning of the movie and throughout it discover the history and relationships behind it's forming.

I don't think we need an origin story.We can just have a scene where the Batman,Superman,Wonder Woman are in the trophy room talking about how they formed and what have they been doing so far.

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#78  Edited By bloggerboy

@moywar700 said:

@bloggerboy said:

This is really ambitious, I can only praise it because of that. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and we'll have good writing.

Has it been confirmed the JL movie will be an origin story? With New Gods involved it would make more sense to introduce the League in the beginning of the movie and throughout it discover the history and relationships behind it's forming.

I don't think we need an origin story.We can just have a scene where the Batman,Superman,Wonder Woman are in the trophy room talking about how they formed and what have they been doing so far.

The more casual the exposition is the better. The League's origin could be touched on with lines, visuals, hints here and there all throughout the movie. If the flick would open with an action scene where we see the League in action, see how they interact with each other, who get along, who don't - we'd save a lot of time and get the plot going immediately instead of using the first hour of the movie trying to get all these people together and on the same boat.

save.me.now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#79  Edited By save.me.now
    No Caption Provided

Wait WTF!!? Is that Power Girl all the way on the left? With no window?

PVgummiand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#80  Edited By PVgummiand

DC is shooting themselves in the foot if they pull off a movie like this without setting up the characters properly first.

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By FatihBATMAN

jaydee98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By jaydee98

I think there is way too much going on in this story arc to make a good movie. The casual movie goer probably won't know who is who and the movie would have to waste too much time with dialog to fill in the audience. I think a classic, well known villian like Luthor who can gather a group of super powered villains would make a great story. Then let the end of that movie tie into Darkseid somehow. I know this is all vague but then again I'm not getting paid to make the actual movie ;)

Avatar image for davidgrantlloyd
    davidgrantlloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#83  Edited By davidgrantlloyd

Pretty cool idea. Could definitely work if the appropriate adjustments are made.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#84  Edited By amazing_webhead

Huh. I figured it'd just be Darkseid invading. This is a pretty cool idea.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By colonyofcells

Won't be too confusing if focus on 5 heroes and about 5 minions of Darkseid. Other big villains for future movies : crime syndicate, evil monitors, mordru, 5th dimension, phantom zone villains, monarch, black lanterns, controllers, sun eater, dominators, legion of super villains rebooted into the 21st century, eclipso, mongul, yuga khan, mageddon, gog, Infinity Man, solaris, imperiex, white martians, Circle of Eternity, the rot.

ammy496

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By ammy496

If you think Thomas`s story is terrific..., last month my brother's best friend actually earned $8592 just sitting there 40 hours a month from there house and there best friend's half-sister`s neighbour has been doing this for 6 months and made over $8592 part-time at their pc. applie the advice at this site, jump15.com (Click on menu "Home" for more information)

irmensul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By irmensul

the dark knight was rubbish all that proved is that Nolans the wrong person to direct a batman movie IMO

Pity Whedons doing Avengers..hmm who would be best for this? Peter Jackson if he was a comics fan..dunno..

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

No Caption Provided

Strangely that motivated me to see this movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.